Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham Game

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
does anyone have a link to watch the Gillingham game?

Thanks

Comments

• Go to justin tv mate.

Good link to game very clear picture from sky sports.
  • Good to see the gills sold lots of tickets LOL.
  • I can't find it :-(
  • Simeon Jackson just scored a penalty to make it 2-1 to Gillingham.
  • Is Josh Wright still one of ours ?
  • Been talk of Simeon Jackson on this forum but he looks no better than what we have imho.
  • Yeah GH. Josh is but I have not been over impressed with him either today.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Is Josh Wright still one of ours ?

He is available for Gillingham for the play off final should they reach it. I think his contract runs out this summer?
  • Joshy played 70mins before getting subbed
  • He looked to me like he could not pass water let alone a football
  • Sponsored links:

• Josh Wright just confirmed what I've always thought of him tonight, not that good with a massive chip on his shoulde
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Josh Wright just confirmed what I've always thought of him tonight, not that good with a massive chip on his shoulde

Did seem to stroll around in what otherwise has been a high tempo game.
  • Barry Fuller and Simon Royce two Charlton connections in the gills team, nice to see they still have our rejects
  • edited May 2009
    I expect Mark Robson will give a wry smile should Gillingham go up and play us next season !
  • What a mental kick off time for the away fans?
  • Well done Gillingham
  • That's why I want Simeon Jackson, class
  • So it's either Gillingham or Shrewsbury next season then....
  • [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]So it's either Gillingham or Shrewsbury next season then....

Yep. New Meadow or old dump !
  • Come on you Shrews!
  • Sponsored links:

• The only good point of the caravan club going up is a game being nearer to my home and giving a load of my pals an opportunity to cave my face in under the premise of me being one of us.

As you can see I'm not over the moon. Anyone gonna be up for a Medway takeover? You know it makes sense
  • Sorry but as they are the only league club in Kent, the Gils are the second result I look for on a Saturday and I really hope we're playing them next season in our first league meetings in something like 27 seasons...
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Sorry but as they are the only league club in Kent, the Gils are the second result I look for on a Saturday and I really hope we're playing them next season in our first league meetings in something like 27 seasons...

Nigel, as a scholar of facts, is that the historical county of Kent, or the current administrative area? I think you'll find that if you look at the former, youll see that Charlton was part of the historical county of Kent until reorganisation in the late 19th Century dumped it into the County Of London. Personally I prefer to look at the historical area of Kent rather than the way its carved up now, coming as I do from the London Borough of Bromley where my home address was Kent, despite it being outside the historical boundaries.
  • Sorry, I can't stand Gillingham. Vile club, vile chairman who is on par with Simon Jordan, and the majority of there supporters seem to have developed a hatred for Charlton. I also don't understand any of this 2nd team nonsense. One team, and one team only - Charlton.
  • [cite]Posted By: Fish-Costa-Fortune[/cite]Sorry, I can't stand Gillingham. Vile club, vile chairman who is on par with Simon Jordan, and the majority of there supporters seem to have developed a hatred for Charlton. I also don't understand any of this 2nd team nonsense. One team, and one team only - Charlton.

What he said.
  • I should be off to Wembley to see this :)
  • Bing asked : ''is that the historical county of Kent, or the current administrative area? I think you'll find that if you look at the former, youll see that Charlton was part of the historical county of Kent until reorganisation in the late 19th Century dumped it into the County Of London.''

Fair question, Bing : I meant the county of Kent as constituted for the last 150 years. So that doesn't include London SE postal districts. Mind you Kent CCC played at the Rectory Field Blackheath (SE3) into the 1970s, so there you go!

Don't understand the hatred of Gillingham at all. Totally different from Palace and Millwall, IMO. I've always regarded them more as our less sophisticated, gauche country cousins, on whose inferiority we can look indulgently and charitably...
  • I'm off to wembley for the final, in the shrews end thou, come on the shire hope you demolish those medway pikeys!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Josh Wright just confirmed what I've always thought of him tonight, not that good with a massive chip on his shoulde

It's strange because he did really well for Barnet, won their young player of the year award. At the time I looked on their forum on their OS, most of their fans said he was a good player and could play in the Prem one day.

Get the feeling with him he now thinks he's better than he is.

Did ok when he played for the first team, and the Brighton reserve game I saw recently, but no more than that. Doesn't seem to push on, dominate and control the game, just do enough, a decent game but nothing more.
  • [cite]Posted By: Fish-Costa-Fortune[/cite]Sorry, I can't stand Gillingham. Vile club, vile chairman who is on par with Simon Jordan, and the majority of there supporters seem to have developed a hatred for Charlton. I also don't understand any of this 2nd team nonsense. One team, and one team only - Charlton.

Amen to that, reverend