Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Well done George Boyd

13»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]AA

Do you even support Charlton?

just a question, like. Since you seem to have generally f***-all good to say about us, and most threads you start appear to be about players who've left the club

More than you'll ever know Leroy. And you?
    Oh - so you're one of those "I supported us when we were playing to a 9/10ths empty Valley, my Grandad bought Johnny Summers a pie and chips once, my great great grandad helped paint the lines round the pitch in Mountsfield Park etc etc" blokes then.

FWIW, yes, I do.

If you like Leroy if you like. Make it as personal as you want. Really doesn't bother me and you'll have to try a bit harder with the bully boy tactics if you think that's going to stop me from offering an opinion.
  • See Leroy you also bumped another of the threads I started about one of our former players (Paul Konchesky). Surprised you haven't had a pop about that one.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

just a question, like. Since you seem to have generally f***-all good to say about us, and most threads you start appear to be about players who've left the club

Oh - so you're one of those "I supported us when we were playing to a 9/10ths empty Valley, my Grandad bought Johnny Summers a pie and chips once, my great great grandad helped paint the lines round the pitch in Mountsfield Park etc etc" blokes then.

FWIW, yes, I do.

If you like Leroy if you like. Make it as personal as you want. Really doesn't bother me and you'll have to try a bit harder with the bully boy tactics if you think that's going to stop me from offering an opinion.
    The thing is, though, you're not 'offering an opinion' are you? You're either digging our club out for 'letting players go', or raising threads about players who left long ago on their own terms - hence my question as to whether you're really a supporter. I don't think that would be considered 'bullying'.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

FWIW, yes, I do.

The thing is, though, you're not 'offering an opinion' are you? You're either digging our club out for 'letting players go', or raising threads about players who left long ago on their own terms - hence my question as to whether you're really a supporter. I don't think that would be considered 'bullying'.

But Leroy you have made the accusation on a thread which I started with a view to raising the profile of a player that most people would never have heard of. I did not start the "another one that slipped through the net" line but merely responded by suggesting that there are players who have and are doing better by virtue of the fact that they are now playing at a higher level than we are currently at.

As for "left on their own terms" that's a highly debatable one.
  • Can I ask a question AA - are you George Boyd?
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Can I ask a question AA - are you George Boyd?

No - (and as long as this Whisper doesn't go any further) I'm his agent actually. Heard the Takeover is imminent (by the nest window anyway) and that there will be a lot of money to be made for us agents so trying to raise his profile within the Club (and on here of course) in order to get him back to the Valley.

15 goal a season winger with the same number of assists to boot not to mention a nice little earner for me and we're all happy aren't we?
  • Good response

I am sitting bk with my feet up and opening a cold one this thread has the makings of a good un

Carry on Boys or should I say Boyd

Do you see what I done there get it
  • Golly gosh George is available on a free - we let him go for nothing and can now get him back for the same price. Too good an offer to resist imho.
  • YES PLEASE!
  • Golly gosh George is available on a free - we let him go for nothing and can now get him back for the same price. Too good an offer to resist imho.
    Pretty sure they want a fee for him but have just made him available for transfer?
  • Sponsored links:

Pretty sure they want a fee for him but have just made him available for transfer?
    Yes, my mistake, but with only a year left on his contract, 'boro are unlikely to hold out for millions.
    Yes, my mistake, but with only a year left on his contract, 'boro are unlikely to hold out for millions.
    We wouldn't want him slipping through the net again now would we? ; )
  • Why? Boro did nothing last season, and he didnt seem to set the world alight - dont see that he is progress.
    Started all bar one of 'boro's League games last season so Fergie Junior clearly rates him. Can play in a number of positions including wide left and "in the hole" and we don't have many players on our books who can do that.

• Why? Boro did nothing last season, and he didnt seem to set the world alight - dont see that he is progress.
    Started all bar one of 'boro's League games last season so Fergie Junior clearly rates him. Can play in a number of positions including wide left and "in the hole" and we don't have many players on our books who can do that.

Or we could sign Rudi Skacel.
  • I told you he was good ;-)
  • Superb goal. City looked very ordinary.
  • One eye on Barcelona I'd imagine. Good performance from Burnley though.
  • Great result for Burnley, but this post is intriguing

Betfair had City at 3/1 to win this game. Someone knows something about something l reckon.

Betfair had City at 3/1 to win this game. Someone knows something about something l reckon.

Probably a special enhanced price, most of them do this a few times a season to rope in new customers

Probably a special enhanced price, most of them do this a few times a season to rope in new customers
    Ah ok. It was from the Guardian. We Guardianistas don't know about this sort of thing :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• It looks like Arsenal will catch Man City and Burnley will catch Sunderland.
  • I hope Burnley stay up .. a nice little club that has generally over achieved down the years .. yesterday they played three strikers plus Boyd .. they are giving it a right good go and more power to them .. if they avoid relegation, Dyche would be my choice as Premier League manager of the year
  • I hope Burnley stay up .. a nice little club that has generally over achieved down the years .. yesterday they played three strikers plus Boyd .. they are giving it a right good go and more power to them .. if they avoid relegation, Dyche would be my choice as Premier League manager of the year

Agreed, I really rate dyche, deserves to be a PL manager.

Agreed, I really rate dyche, deserves to be a PL manager.
    Interestingly Burnley have not used a single player who isn't British or Irish this season and if they do stay up that will be quite an achievement and must be somewhat unique in Premier League history.
  • Maybe they couldn't find any players from Africa or Eastern Europe that had always dreamed of playing for Burnley.