Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite Album (where you like all the tracks)

123457»

Comments

• Sparks & Franz Ferdinand = FFS 

https://youtu.be/rCxLpte5loY
  • I reckon that FFS album is probably the best collaboration ever (as well as the most cleverly titled). I like that you can clearly hear who both the bands are and yet it hangs together as a whole. It's funny and clever and great musically. Who said, collaborations don't work?
  • Stig said:
    I reckon that FFS album is probably the best collaboration ever (as well as the most cleverly titled). I like that you can clearly hear who both the bands are and yet it hangs together as a whole. It's funny and clever and great musically. Who said, collaborations don't work?
    Im a Sparks fan and came across it by mistake , i couldnt stop raving about it too my mates , it really is a good album , as you say collaborations dont usually work but i reckon they nailed it . 
  • this one will be a bit hip hop heavy:

Nas - Illmatic (Pretty much considered all round the greateest hip hop album of all time)
    Mac Miller - Swimming 
    Jill Scott - Words and Sounds vol.1
    Little Brother - The Minstrel Show
    Blu & Exile - Below The Heavens
    Robert Glasper Experiment - Black Radio
    Solange Knowles - A Seat At The Table
    Common - Be
    Ledisi - Let Love Rule
    Lupe Fiasco - Food and Liquor vol.1

• Herbert von Kajan Berlin Philharmonic Beethoven 9th 
  • Little Feat…..Feats Don’t Fail Me Now.
  • She wants revenge - Album: She wants revenge 

Not the greatest album in the world, but if you like unique atmospheric songs...dance, metal

Then you will like it 
  • The Band- The Band
  • Donuts - J Dilla

Madvilliany - MF Doom/Madlib

Which probably explains why I have two Dilla tattoos and a Madlib tattoo.
  • UEAAddick said:
    The Band- The Band
    Reminds me that Stage Fright is an incredibly solid album with no weak tracks. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Little Feat…..Feats Don’t Fail Me Now.
    if you wanna feel real nice just ask the rock n roll doctor's advice
  • fadgadget said:
    church-lane said:
    Having just listened to it all the way through for the first time in ages.
    Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark
    Wont argue with this , my absolute No1 band for me , lost count of the times ive seen them , the new albums are also up there with the early stuff .

They are here in Barcelona in march - can't wait!!!
    Stranglers come over 3 weeks later! It's jut like being 17 again.
  • Lots of early Bowie albums:
    Ziggy
    Diamond Dogs
    Hunky Dory
    And yes Low I like every track.
    Big Country - the crossing
    Psychedelic Furs - Talk Talk Talk
    Wasted Youth - Wild & Wandering
    All very subjective of course!
  • I remember thinking the first Lloyd Cole & the Commotions album had no weak tracks. But haven’t heard it for years. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    I remember thinking the first Lloyd Cole & the Commotions album had no weak tracks. But haven’t heard it for years. 

"Rattlesnakes" which, in addition to the title track, had the likes of "Perfect Skin", "Forest Fire" and "Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken?" Excellent album but then I am a big fan of Lloyd Cole including post the Commotions
  • Quite a few mentioned that I agree with so I'll add some I love (yes all the tracks) that I don't think have come up yet: 

Hip-hop/Rap:

Little Simz - Grey Area
    Little Simz - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert 
    Noname - Telefone 
    A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory 
    A Tribe Called Quest - We got it from Here... Thank You 4 Your service 
    Run The Jewels - RTJ2 
    Run The Jewels - RTJ3 
    Run The Jewels - RTJ4
    Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city
    Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly 
    Brockhampton - Saturation III
    Denzel Curry - Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Injury Reserve - By the Time I Get to Phoenix 

Pop/Synth/'experimental' pop: 

Charli XCX - how i'm feeling now
    Rina Sawayama - SAWAYAMA 
    Let's Eat Grandma - I'm All Ears 
    Lemon Demon - Spirit Phone

Shoegaze/Dream pop/wall of sound: 

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
    Slowdive - Souvlaki
    Primal Scream - XTRMNTR
    Cocteau Twins - Treasure 
    Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas
    Deafheaven - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love

House/sampling/mostly instrumental:

Against All Logic - 2012-2017
    Jamie xx - In Colour

Multi-genre: 

Gorillaz - Demon Dayz
    Gorillaz - Plastic Beach 
    David Bowie - Blackstar

Different varieties of 'rock' - indieeee/art/punk/psychedelic: 

Idles - Joy as an Act of Resistance 
    Everything Everything - Get to Heaven 
    Tame Impala - Lonerism 
    Angel Olsen - My Woman 
    Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit 
    Sharon Van Etten - Are We There
  • I think the OP was talking about those very rare albums where you just go ‘wow’ to every track. This is become a bit of a list of ‘albums I really like’, which isn’t quite the same. 
  • Carole King’s Tapestry has already been mentioned, but it’s definitely up there. 
    It was her second studio album, and went 14x platinum selling over 30 million copies worldwide. 
    It sounds like a greatest hits album, but it actually wasn’t. 
    At the time it came out I found a bit MOR, but appreciated it later in life. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Carole King’s Tapestry has already been mentioned, but it’s definitely up there. 
    It was her second studio album, and went 14x platinum selling over 30 million copies worldwide. 
    Loved this album
  • JamesSeed said:
    Carole King’s Tapestry has already been mentioned, but it’s definitely up there. 
    Great album. Mentioned at the time seeing her on Jools Holland - she's soon to be 81 but was 67 at the time and the voice was as good as ever. As for "greatest hits", there wouldn't be an album big enough to hold all the hits she's written, many jointly with Gerry Goffin, including ones that don't even sound like Carole King compositions such as "The Loco Motion" (Little Eva et al), "I'm Into Something Good" (Herman's Hermits), "Don't Bring Me Down" (the song made famous by The Animals as opposed to the ELO song written by Jeff Lynne) and "The Porpoise Song" (The Monkees). Her legacy will live on forever.