Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Administration

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LiveByTheSword[/cite]Henry Irving
    "just shows a bit of irresponsibility IMHO from Bexleyboy and LivebytheSword as it does the Club no favours in the long run but I'd guess both will be pleased to seen it got the reaction it did.

Shame."

What did I do?

Apart from have an annoying dad, Ben, nothing ; - )

I meant the Bythesword blog site that was spreading this around. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I have Trademark protection on Live By The Sword as it pertains to CAFC, so I'll be seeing those poo poo stirrers in court. My solicitor's over at Appleby's are on the blower as we speak. Let's see if bexleyboy can spell cease and desist?

Banked on Fact.
  • Options
    This is the same blog that uses Charlton Life in it's URL to nick traffic?
  • Options
    Haha Rothko. Yep. Everything is nicked from every site possible.
  • Options
    On the serious point of administration, it is NOT being considered at the moment, it's not needed, but in such uncertain financial times (see Yorkshire Post's reporting of Labour Party meeting) nothing can be ruled out. To have a head in the sand policy amongst fans is a bit silly. Some of the frivolous, facetious comments on this thread by certain people are totally unnecessary.
    An unreliable source spreading undesirable propaganda maybe, but let's not make ourselves look foolish by pretending everything in the garden is rosy. It's not just us, it is many, many football clubs who are going to find the next few years very difficult indeed and we need to treat the situation seriously and not with contempt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]and we need to treat the situation seriously and not with contempt.
    Ha! Chirpy, you do make me laff sometimes...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]I think I need the smelling salts too. "Shit making twats" - couldn't sum up these f***ing shit-stirring idiots up any better.

(Although on that website, they're probably about 12 and have no idea of the implications of their fantasy bankruptcy schemes.)

To say nothing of the 'death threats'....!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]On the serious point of administration, it is NOT being considered at the moment, it's not needed, but in such uncertain financial times (see Yorkshire Post's reporting of Labour Party meeting) nothing can be ruled out. To have a head in the sand policy amongst fans is a bit silly. Some of the frivolous, facetious comments on this thread by certain people are totally unnecessary.
    An unreliable source spreading undesirable propaganda maybe, but let's not make ourselves look foolish by pretending everything in the garden is rosy. It's not just us, it is many, many football clubs who are going to find the next few years very difficult indeed and we need to treat the situation seriously and not with contempt.

OK boss...whatever you say...you know best.
  • Options
    Chirpy does have a point though, you can't factually write off anything in the future because we do not know what the future holds.

By going into Administration, the few main players will effectively have to 'write-off' £15m that is owed to them. It sounds unrealistic, but you have to weigh up
    a. the likely potential now that a buyer would come in and return this
    b. how much they will have to fork out in the near future to ensure the club remains a going entity.

There have been assurances it will not happen in the near future, and that's good enough for me. But it would be naive to never say never.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] Apart from have an annoying dad, Ben, nothing ; - )

Kagool wearing poof.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

By going into Administration, the few main players will effectively have to 'write-off' £15m that is owed to them. It sounds unrealistic, but you have to weigh up
    a. the likely potential now that a buyer would come in and return this
    b. how much they will have to fork out in the near future to ensure the club remains a going entity.

There have been assurances it will not happen in the near future, and that's good enough for me. But it would be naive to never say never.

Very true, AFKA. The economic situation is bad and this will have hit our directors and any potential outside investors just like everyone else.

IMHO the flippant reaction was to the original source (Bexleyboy's mate who works at West Ham phuxache) and the fact that this story has been trotted out every three weeks for months rather than a blind denial that administration could never happen.

[cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Apart from have an annoying dad, Ben, nothing ; - )

Kagool wearing poof.

Careful or I'll go crying to Admin about you : - )
  • Options
    loooooooooooook FFS its easy EASY. We tell Gordon Brown we are in the shit because we have made a huge number of f**kups and can we have a few billion quid from those nice tax payer people that didnt vote for him. Then when we get the wedge pay all the CAFC shareholders a nice fat wedge of dosh and then we f**k off laughing to Barbados !

got the idea from Das Stormer daily --- commies cant get it (well they never had "it" in the first place)
  • Options
    Was chatting to a bloke at work about us 'needing' promotion this season and if we fail i was wondering what the likelihood is of us going into administration. We have debts of around 30-40m so we were discussing whether it would be best to do it pre-season, start next year on -10 and build again. It hasn't done Southampton any harm has it. Barry Hearn was moaning about this in last nights Standard saying the penalties should be harsher and teams should be automatically relegated 1 or 2 divisions. Saints went into admin then bought Lambert for 1m the week after.
    With penalties for admin likely to become harsher in future then should we not go up, maybe we should get in whilst the penalty is just 10 points? Thoughts?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite] Saints went into admin then bought Lambert for 1m the week after.

Soton were in admin for months.

They went into admin before they were relegated

They were reported to have been days if not hours away from going out of business.

They were finally taken over by a Swiss billionnaire at the last minute.

They then bought Lambert

Admin should be a last resort. It is not an easy option, it does not take away all your problems. If you doubt this have a look at Pompey, Palace, Stockport or Chester.

Palace fans were saying the same things about taking the hit early, no problem, will come straight out of it in days, all debts gone etc etc. It didn't happen and they really are in a mess and no one looks like buying them.

If we don't go up then, IMVHO, the liklihood of going into admin increases but I really don't know what's going on behind the scenes so can't say if that makes it 10%, 50% or 99% likely.

Please don't treat Admin as if it is like a trip to the dentist that hurts for a short while and then everything is fine. It's not.
  • Options
    Henry i meant they bought Lambert the week after they came out of admin.
    I know admin wouldn't be easy but i do feel that we'd still be an attractive purchase for someone out there. Palace are in a mess because of their ground ownership issues, we don't have that problem.
    I was just thinking that i can see the FA bringing in tougher sanctions at some point so we should consider getting in beforehand. Better to take 10 points than get a 20/30 point deduction or an automatic relegation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Henry i meant they bought Lambert the week after they came out of admin.
    I know admin wouldn't be easy but i do feel that we'd still be an attractive purchase for someone out there. Palace are in a mess because of their ground ownership issues, we don't have that problem.
    I was just thinking that i can see the FA bringing in tougher sanctions at some point so we should consider getting in beforehand. Better to take 10 points than get a 20/30 point deduction or an automatic relegation.

That's a big risk to take to make ourselves attractive "to someone out there".

1. is there someone out there? Palace thought so but no one has stumped up yet.

2. do we want to be sold to a buyer who is waiting for us to go into admin?

3. We don't know if the FA will bring in tougher sanctions. At the moment it is the Football League (and the other leagues) who impose the penalties so that would have to be approved by the member clubs and I'd guess that a lot wouldn't fancy making another rod for their own backs.

4. I'd love to see some new, or old, money come in, but rather than admin I'd rather we tried to balance the budget even if that means selling most of the better players and fielding a team of kids and free transfers.

Maybe we need, as NSS said, to go back to being a small club before we start to become a big one again. I'd rather not but going into admin opens a whole new can of worms and could lead to AFC Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    4. I'd love to see some new, or old, money come in, but rather than admin I'd rather we tried to balance the budget even if that means selling most of the better players and fielding a team of kids and free transfers.

Maybe we need, as NSS said, to go back to being a small club before we start to become a big one again. I'd rather not but going into admin opens a whole new can of worms and could lead to AFC Charlton.
    Agree though the club would have to get that right. Get it wrong, play too many youngsters, get some poor free transfers, and we could be fighting relegation with a team that don't know how to get out of it. I know that sounds far too negative, but playing the youngsters with a few experienced players didn't work for Southampton last season.