Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Administration

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
This is of course speculative, but here goes.

On another Charlton blog i have read today. Charlton are soon to announce going into administration. Doing it before the penalty moves to next seasons points.
I have no idea if there is any truth in this whatsoever.

Peter Varney left the club somewhat 'out of the blue' Possibly he had a good idea of the problems on the way.

To the best of my knowledge he is not working right now. Suppose he is in fact planning a takeover of Charlton. How would you feel about that? I for one would be delighted.

Speculation, imagination, wishful thinking, nonsense? Call it what you will. But it would be good .... discuss...

Comments

• Options
    It could be written by Enid Blyton.
  • Options
    Could hardly say it was out of the blue, people knew for a few months beforehand.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]It could be written by Enid Blyton.

Rumour started by Bexleyboy which is pretty much the same thing.
  • Options
    The points would be taken off at the start of next season, not this.
  • Options
    If a club is to be deducted points from this season they have to announce it by March 25th, failing to do so will mean we have a deduction of points next season, as they current economic climate is now starting to effect football more and more, i wouldnt be suprised to hear that atleast five clubs will announce they are to go into administration before this date as it will give them an sort of handicapp for next season in which has effected clubs such as Leeds. Bournmouth,Luton and Rotherham.
  • Options
    Aparantley Varney will arrive via space ship to take over the club on February the 29th. Landing in the centre circle and parading around the perimeter in a golden carriage drawn by a team of purple unicorns.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]Aparantley Varney will arrive via space ship to take over the club on February the 29th. Landing in the centre circle and parading around the perimeter in a golden carriage drawn by a team of purple unicorns.

I heard it was Pink Elephants : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]Aparantley Varney will arrive via space ship to take over the club on February the 29th. Landing in the centre circle and parading around the perimeter in a golden carriage drawn by a team of purple unicorns.

You're just being silly.................................................................................Unicorns are white!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well, you started it! : -)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Could hardly say it was out of the blue, people knew for a few months beforehand.

I probably should have typed .. announced .. his departure
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Piloted by Elvis of course, and Lord Lucan as compare.
  • Options
    Nah, it's a white knight galloping in on Shergar.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

Piloted by Elvis of course, and Lord Lucan as compare.

New kit will be Las Vegas style Elvis Jump suits with come back special leathers for away games.
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Could hardly say it was out of the blue, people knew for a few months beforehand.

Well, most annoucements are "out of the blue" otherwise they wouldn't be announcements.
  • Options
    None of you are taking this seriously !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]None of you are taking this seriously !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What on earth gives you that impression? , take that back.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So you knew he was about to announce his departure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]None of you are taking this seriously !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nor was the person writing the article
  • Options

Well, most annoucements are "out of the blue" otherwise they wouldn't be announcements.

So you knew he was about to announce his departure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only when the fairies at the bottom of my garden told me
  • Options
    Lets try another angle:

Does anyone agree with me. Peter Varney would be a good man to take over CAFC ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]Lets try another angle:

What do you mean takeover?

Where would the money come from?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Silly. He will bring some magic beans with him.........tsk !
  • Options

He couldn't remember the proper name of the Jimmy Seed stand plus he lives in Bromley which is Palace territory so a big NO from me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

What do you mean takeover?

Where would the money come from?

Well a 'takeover' replacing the current chairman/board with his own people.

A consortium i suppose.
  • Options
    Do yourself a favour mate - stop digging!
  • Options
    I have the highest regard for Peter Varney and his capabilities but the bottom line for anybody to be successful is HOW MUCH DOSH?!

Lack of dosh (or rather indiscriminately spunking what we did have) is a major factor in where we are now.
  • Options
    will people please stop talking about going into administration.

as long as the board have not been telling porkis then this notion is a non-starter for the following reasons:

the only debt we have is director loans and a smallish mortgage. Unless the bank pulls the plug then I can't see why administration would rear its ugly head.

goimg into administration is 1 step away from bankruptcy - for either you need to have creditors.......we don't.

Creditors usually take the form of either the taxman, VAT-man, other football clubs, etc etc

so, unless we havn't paid any bills, we ARE NOT GOING INTO ADMINISTRATION
  • Options
    Peter must have a wealth of contacts from both his time in the game and through his previous charity work. If anyone were to head up a consortium to take-over the Club they'd be no better person to head it than Peter Varney imo. As for it actually happening ? As for Administration, I'd be both very surprised if it happened and very disappointed. RM has said on numerous occasions that Administration is not an option. To go back on these statements would be to lose any credibilty they have left.
  • Options
    The bank HAS apparently pulled the plug.

Minty says no administration though....

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kol08/article/default.asp?article_id=56824
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]you need to have creditors.......we don't.

Creditors usually take the form of either the taxman, VAT-man, other football clubs, etc etc

so, unless we havn't paid any bills, we ARE NOT GOING INTO ADMINISTRATION

we still owe the pie man for the pies from the Palace game and Halfords for the puncture repair kit we bought to try and mend the blow up tent. Also, the Irish bloke who lives in the caravan site opposite the Thames Road municipal dump wants paying for the Tarmac to fill in the pot holes in the West Stand car park.
  • Options
    i'll get my coat ! lol