Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Administration

Comments

• Options
    I suggest we all close our accounts at HSBC in protest and refuse to make all loan or mortgage repayments until CAFC have there overdraft reinstated.
  • Options
    I'd be in the right crap if they took away my overdraft facility.
  • Options
    That is nothing new though.

the withdrawal of the overdraft facility was announced at the AGM,

the denial we will go into administration has been made at least 4 times

and the breakdown of the debt has been known since the start of the season.
  • Options
    It's kind of unlikely we would go into administration though, isn't it.

Businesses go into administration when they don't have the cash-flow to cover their current debt. It can be a handy way of saving the business because typically the administrators will negotiate away a fair proportion of that debt. In CAFC's case I understood that a fair proportion of the debt was owed to the board, so it's not really in their interest to do this. If they did then they'd be better just writing it off, thus avoiding points deductions.

Not all rosy though - it might well be that we'd actually be better off in the long run, in admin.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]That is nothing new though.

the withdrawal of the overdraft facility was announced at the AGM,

the denial we will go into administration has been made at least 4 times

and the breakdown of the debt has been known since the start of the season.

all true BUT we were told that Parky would be judged on results too ......
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'd be in the right crap if they took away my overdraft facility.[/quote]

Thank god i dont have one hate overdarfts
  • Options
    It will be putting a big strain on the business not to have an overdraft facility, especially when income is rapidly diminishing. From the last accounts, the club was trading at a significant loss, and that seems to be the case still from the answers at the AGM (projected £1.5M loss plus a further £3M if when relegated). In cash flow terms, that money will have to be found from directors' pockets if there is no overdraft facility. It is very bleak. Reg on a white horse is the best news I've heard all day, even if it is complete pie in the sky.
  • Options
    Come on guys if this were going to happen, do you think that it would leak out to Bexleyboy?? I'd much rather rely on RM's on the record comments than a bunch of speculation.
  • Options
    Put it this way, every 'story' that Bexleyboy has posted on Addickted has never come true.
  • Options
    The bloke in charge at the VAT office is PV's brother, so the VAT wouldn't be knocking on our door. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    The overdraft facility went a long time ago, and we are not the only club/business who are going to be affected by overdraft facilities being withdrawn. Cost cutting yes, Admin no...
  • Options
    Nice uncontroversial first thread Andy.

Along with your other doom and gloom posts I'm beginning to question your reasoning.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]The bloke in charge at the VAT office is PV's brother, so the VAT wouldn't be knocking on our door. ;-)

No he's not.

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/events/tower/david_varney.aspx
  • Options
    Story was on Kent local TV news. RM denying that Charlton would be going into administration this month. Presumably the addition of 'this month' is just TV speak.
  • Options
    just shows a bit of irresponsibility IMHO from Bexleyboy and LivebytheSword as it does the Club no favours in the long run but I'd guess both will be pleased to seen it got the reaction it did.

Shame.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]The bloke in charge at the VAT office is PV's brother, so the VAT wouldn't be knocking on our door. ;-)

No he's not.

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/events/tower/david_varney.aspx

How time flys, the boy done well. Do we know if he follows Charlton?
  • Options
    Let's see what happens , ala Curbs.
  • Options
    “We pride ourselves on being a family club and like to keep our supporters fully informed.”

That's what Richard Murray said in the KM article.

So who do you want to believe - Murray or Bexleyboy......?
  • Options
    I think that this "administration" rumour is put about by people who couldnt give a monkeys flying f**k about the club and are shit making twats --------discuss.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]I think that this "administration" rumour is put about by people who couldnt give a monkeys flying f**k about the club and are shit making twats
    discuss.

Stop being such a PC lovee and say what you really mean Roy : - )
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]“We pride ourselves on being a family club and like to keep our supporters fully informed.”

That's what Richard Murray said in the KM article.

So who do you want to believe - Murray or Bexleyboy......?

Exactamundo!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]I think that this "administration" rumour is put about by people who couldnt give a monkeys flying f**k about the club and are shit making twats
    discuss.
    OK guys, record this moment for posterity - Goonerhater and I actually agree on something. Perhaps all the snow lately is actually a sign of hell freezing over.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    discuss.
    OK guys, record this moment for posterity - Goonerhater and I actually agree on something. Perhaps all the snow lately is actually a sign of hell freezing over.

Lol!
  • Options
    It's official - Goonerhater and aliwibble have been on the "snow". FACT.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I think I need the smelling salts too. "Shit making twats" - couldn't sum up these f***ing shit-stirring idiots up any better.

(Although on that website, they're probably about 12 and have no idea of the implications of their fantasy bankruptcy schemes.)
  • Options
    Easy way out though isn't it Inspector? Settle for 2p in the pound if you're lucky and you're laughing, surely?!
  • Options
    I suppose if all other hope is gone... but I'd suggest there's a fair chance of the board recouping at least some of their investments if they hang in there. They'll have to be patient, though - *very* patient...
  • Options
    Sorry , I should've added a smiley winky thing to that post. If I'd lumped in 15 million pounds I'd be delighted with a 30 million PENCE return!
  • Options
    Henry Irving
    "just shows a bit of irresponsibility IMHO from Bexleyboy and LivebytheSword as it does the Club no favours in the long run but I'd guess both will be pleased to seen it got the reaction it did.

Shame."

What did I do?