Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ITV's football coverage

13»

Comments

• Do you remember when their ineptness was well and truly exposed in the last World Cup when England scored against the USA and the HD channel had gone to an advert break 3 minutes into the game and missed it. To add insult to injury Chiles could only come up with a mumbled, half-arse apology even though he'd had forty minute to think of how he and the producer could deal with it. They are awful and I do wonder sometimes why pundits are considered necessary.
  • we should do that to sky if we ever get shown again..
  • Tyldesley has a nack of making me hate anything thats good. Like Barcelona.
  • They're easily the most biased pundits and commentators too. Every game you feel they're desperate for one team to win, and only focus on one in the build-up.
  • It's as if they are trying to cut away from important action , celebrations or interesting interviews on purpose. Sky do adverts and manage to get everything in. As for the presenters , yes they are awful but not as bad as their obsession with going to adverts.
  • I find ITV annoying when they show the teams waiting in the tunnel, then go to the ads as soon as the players come out onto the pitch. Sky used to do that as well, but now take their ad breaks before the players come out, which is much better.
  • i like a bit of enthusiasm but Chiles is like an over-excited chimp whose just escaped from 32 years in captivity. i half expect him to ride into shot on a tiny bicycle before pelting Keane, Southgate and the other one with bananas.
  • David Beckham scored a free kick on June 25th, 2006. I went ballistic, as usual for an England goal. A goalless draw with Portugal followed, and then we failed to qualify for Euro 2008.

On the 12th June 2010, Steven Gerrard finally scored our next goal in competition. A full four years later. I didn't see it because of ITV.

Fat F*** Chiles said afterwards..."Erm..er..but..erm..er some..of..some...of..our viewers may may may may not have...erm... seen that goal (mumbles) so apologies for that."

Until that twat gets on his knees and apologies to me personally, I will take every opportunity I can find to slag him and that pathetic outfit they call a TV channel off. ITV are the epitome of cheap and lazy TV. I only wish they would keep Peter Drury and Jon Champion all to themselves, as I don't watch any football on that channel unless I absolutely have to. And not hearing their ridiculous voices would be an improvement in life.
  • Will never forget the amount of bias that Peter Drury put towards Northwich Victoria when they beat us. "Northwich VICTORIOUS!" - C*nt

That's why I loved it when we smashed Halifax 4-0.
  • Apart from their commentators - who don't commentate - i.e. Bloggs to Smith to Brown etc. The production team are crap. A goal is scored - fair enough. But at the next throw in or corner or free kick, they show the goal or incident 3 times and then either go to a long lingering shot of a manager in the dug-out or someone in the watching crowd usually a celebrity or a bare topped idiot. In the meantime the ball has gone up-field and back again or has gone out of play and we've all missed it. I think they are gearing up to inserting mini adverts while play resumes. After all they broke off from grand prix for adverts when they had Formula One. Its just a matter of time.
  • Sponsored links:

• If I was a young up and coming commentator I'd be spewing....the same old same old have been on TV forever and seemingly have jobs for life. Drury....Champion....Tyldesley.....Parry......Ian Darke is another one, a boxing commentator first and foremost who can't help about being condescending about anyone else outside the top 4.
  • I bet Tyldesley's wife has never had an orgasm. He strikes me as that kind of man.
  • I know your wife has ;-)
  • I bet Tyldesley's wife has never had an orgasm. He strikes me as that kind of man.

I reckon you are right RCT if Wikipedia is to be believed: "Tyldesley lives with his male partner David and their four adopted children near Reading."
  • I know your wife has ;-)

Ha ha ;-)

I reckon you are right RCT if Wikipedia is to be believed: "Tyldesley lives with his male partner David and their four adopted children near Reading."
    Explains a lot.