Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ITV's football coverage

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Awesome stuff. Just watching the mickeys cup game - 117 minutes of dross then they cut to adverts early and miss the goal

Comments

• Options
    read the posts mate lol 2 on this already :)
  • Options
    THAT'S WHY THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE SPORT ON ITV. MUPPETS!
  • Options
    Shambolic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Talal[/cite]read the posts mate lol 2 on this already :)

read those but as there was a topic already existing on ITV's rubbish coverage I added it to that as they will probably be sunk
  • Options
    and they've now come back from the break seemingly halfway through an interview!
  • Options
    fair enough ! i look forward to watching them all plumpet
  • Options
    Did you see how quick Goodison Park emptied out? Why does it take me 10 mins to get out of the East Stand?
  • Options
    Totally lost it now!

Picture Frozen!
  • Options
    "We're going to try and go to the News at Ten ASAP"

It's effin 11 O'clock mate!!!!
  • Options
    and they wonder why people pay so much money for sky and setanta.

setanta have only really been going five minutes and their football coverage is way better than this crap
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did anyone see the steward coming on the pitch to intervene when the Liverpool players were having a go at the ref after the goal. Who the hell do these stewards think they are FFS

Concentrate on what you are paid £6 an hour or whatever it is and that is to "crowd control"
  • Options
    what was all that business with the socks being thrown on the pitch?
  • Options
    What did Papa Reina do to get booked? Radio said could have been red.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]what was all that business with the socks being thrown on the pitch?

i asked a scouser i know(shameful) and apparently everton are moving to kirkby where kirkbyites are nicknamed 'sock robbers'
  • Options
    What a shambles. Don't like using this term but - LOL.

I want to watch the Forest Derby game, but i'm worried i may see more meerkats than goals.
  • Options
    The twat on News at Ten has just had the cheek to say"....in case you missed it, Everton beat Liverpool etc...."
    In case WE missed it? You missed it ITV!
  • Options
    Bunch of twats. I missed most of the game and was out with some people and saw it was still 0-0, and saw it out of the corner of my eye in a bar... couldn't believe my eyes - I still refused to believe they did that until I got home and saw that yes, they really did f*ck it up that badly.

The reason this happened is the same reason why BBC3 had a news bulletin where the presenter rolled up out of breath the other week - continuity on ITV is automated, and some idiot clearly didn't tell them to cancel the ad break that was due for 10.40 or whenever it was. It's not just ITV being shite at football, it's how low ITV in general has fallen over the years.

In the old days, when it was 14 different regions, it was all manual with people in each company waiting for the cue dot so they could get the ads ready as and when needed.

Hopefully football has learned the lesson it should have learned over ITV Digital - don't ever sign a bloody contract with ITV...
  • Options
    I heard - from someone who worked there - that ITV.com's football forums were rarely used.

Not any more.
  • Options
    A complete disgrace, what a waste of time watching the game, bit like watching a film & leaving before the end. As for the apology, very hollow, was still hopping mad an hour later. Did they show the highlights an hour later as the featured game ? Was still to angry to watch the highlights show.
  • Options
    when it happened i thought my mate had changed the channel. I only realised he wasn't joking when they apologised.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    typical Charlton...

Oh sorry, typical ITV. First big game for ages and they mess it up.

Thanks Inspector for the explanation. My conspiracy theory mind was thinking that there was a time delay on the broadcast and a rednose had done it on purpose. Did make me laugh but would have been furious if it had been Charlton.

And while we on the subject of that game

Are we all now all in mourning for Stevie G's injury? Will they be hourly updates on the news ala Diana? Should Stevie be let off his criminal charges because of the injury? I think so.

And this isn't just Liverpool or Everton but why, when asked to wear black armbands as a mark of respect, do you see teams with some gaffer tape around their shirts. Even Rafa had it on his coat. Could not Everpool afford a set of elasticated arm bands similar to the captain's armband.

At least the Liverton ones were broad bands not like the tiny strip of insulating tape that Arsenal wear

Rant over. Calm, blue water.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]A complete disgrace, what a waste of time watching the game, bit like watching a film & leaving before the end. As for the apology, very hollow, was still hopping mad an hour later. Did they show the highlights an hour later as the featured game ? Was still to angry to watch the highlights show.
    The excellent Forest V Derby game was the featured game!

I know we've had a bad season, but thank god I'm not a Forest fan!
  • Options
    Two hours of listening to their crap broadcasting team and they steal the drama from the game, ITV should give the FA Cup back to the BBC and give up on sport.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/feb/05/itv-fa-cup-coverage
  • Options
    They're highlights program is a shambles to. So I wait up until 11:35 thinking I'll just catch the other games goals (having watched the Everton Liverpool game and only seen that goal as a replay). They kick of with Forest Derby, great,then they go to adverts (grr), but before they do that they tell us when they come back it will be highlights of Everton Liverpool. I just watched that chuffing game and there were no bloody highlights, why would I ever ever want to watch that again an hour after just enduring it live. So I went to bed, I couldn't be arsed to watch 5 mins of highlights, five mins of inane chat and then 5 mins more adverts before they eventually got to the games I actually wanted to see. Obviously their producers think we all want to watch highlights of a boring game that we'd all already seen than, say, Villa 3 Donny 1, cos that was obviously a far duller game.

Not on the same scale, but it annoys me when the fetaured matches on MOTD are the games shown live that day, everybody who really wanted to see them already has, so don't dedicate more time to them in MOTD than the other games that nobody has seen (apart from those actually in the grounds of course).

Rant over...

...for now, until next time ITV show any football most likely
  • Options
    Nuff said

Reckon they'll have Andy Townsend's mush on the new one?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]Not on the same scale, but it annoys me when the fetaured matches on MOTD are the games shown live that day, everybody who really wanted to see them already has,
    not true
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]
    Not on the same scale, but it annoys me when the fetaured matches on MOTD are the games shown live that day, everybody who really wanted to see them already has, so don't dedicate more time to them in MOTD than the other games that nobody has seen (apart from those actually in the grounds of course).

Not on the same scale at all as not everyone has got Sky and hardly anyone has got Setanta who both show a game each on a saturday. Add to that the people who are out working, shopping or at their own teams games on a saturday and don't get to see the live games.
    Contrast this with ITV which everyone has, who show highlights of a game they've shown live an hour or 2 earlier.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Did you see how quick Goodison Park emptied out? Why does it take me 10 mins to get out of the East Stand?

Try staying till the end of the game :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]typical Charlton...

Oh sorry, typical ITV. First big game for ages and they mess it up.

Thanks Inspector for the explanation. My conspiracy theory mind was thinking that there was a time delay on the broadcast and a rednose had done it on purpose. Did make me laugh but would have been furious if it had been Charlton.

And while we on the subject of that game

Are we all now all in mourning for Stevie G's injury? Will they be hourly updates on the news ala Diana? Should Stevie be let off his criminal charges because of the injury? I think so.

And this isn't just Liverpool or Everton but why, when asked to wear black armbands as a mark of respect, do you see teams with some gaffer tape around their shirts. Even Rafa had it on his coat. Could not Everpool afford a set of elasticated arm bands similar to the captain's armband.

At least the Liverton ones were broad bands not like the tiny strip of insulating tape that Arsenal wear

Rant over. Calm, blue water.

Who were the black armbands for?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Did you see how quick Goodison Park emptied out? Why does it take me 10 mins to get out of the East Stand?

Try staying till the end of the game :-)

LOL