Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ITV's football coverage

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]THAT'S WHY THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE SPORT ON ITV. MUPPETS!

Agreed
  • edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Who were the black armbands for?

Pitchside presenter at Anfield who was also a well known local radio journo.

Apologies to him but didn't catch his name.
  • Was a complete joke, really feel for everton fans, would have been really annoyed if it was our game.

They are about to talk to the itv boss on the news to hear his excuse/poor apology.
  • Michael Grade quote `Technical cock up`

They are still trying to find out what happened.

Hinted that some people might be sacked.
  • [cite]Posted By: stoneroses19[/cite]Was a complete joke, really feel for everton fans, would have been really annoyed if it was our game.

They are about to talk to the itv boss on the news to hear his excuse/poor apology.

Wouldn't have mattered if it was one of our games, you would have only missed the opposition scoring with the last kick of the game :-)
  • There was i looking forward to the penalty shoot out,took my eyes off the screen for a split second and when i looked back there was an advert for tic tacs on :)

Complete shambles
  • I wonder if Fererro have complained to ITV about the damage it has done to the image of Tic Tacs ?!
  • Sales of Tic Tacs plummet on Merseyside!!
  • If the BBC cut to ads (and didn't charge me a licence fee) and that meant I missed a couple of goals and a bit of the fantastic analysis and insight that Motty and Lawro offer, I'd live with it.
  • [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Sales of Tic Tacs plummet on Merseyside!!

:-) Minute's Silence for the Missed Goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Compare and contrast thanks to the wonder of YouTube.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Sales of Tic Tacs plummet on Merseyside!!

:-) Minute's Silence for the Missed Goal
    LMAO
  • another classic this morning , supposedly our game was meant to be the main game but in their eyes that mean showing the match until wolves score their winner then showing the ref blow his whistle , no showing of our blatant penalty whatsoever.

and while we're on the subject not having a decent enough view of their second or their penalty incident I decided maybe the tv would help clear this up , so what the hell was the penalty given for?
  • The reporter on Soccer saturday said it was for a handball as the ball came back off the woodwork, and he thought it was very harsh too.
  • i thought Youga pushed one of their players as the corner came over
  • [cite]Posted By: wwaddickson[/cite]i thought Youga pushed one of their players as the corner came over

He did and it was an extremely good spot by the Ref. Can't comment on the penalty that wasn't given to us for the reasons given by Buckshee.
  • never was a penalty was it
  • [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]never was a penalty was it

Nope, but at least it was saved.
  • Yes it was. Youga barged into the back of one of their players. Good spot by the ref I'm afraid.
  • it looks like the only ones to spot our penalty shout was us fans - Parky didn't seem to mention it at the press conference afterwards and the papers dont seem to neither. Obviously from our angle we all saw shelvy's shirt virtually ripped from his back as he was pulled back - perhaps its time to have 4 linesmen , 2 covering each side so that these things aren't missed.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Yes it was. Youga barged into the back of one of their players. Good spot by the ref I'm afraid.
    Iterestingly the ref said it was a push on Berra by Holland. You can see in the protests Holland incredulously saying "ME?" to the CIB. Maybe they should have had two, huh?

Golfie - the lino was in line with the incident and it was on his side of the pitch. You could have a hundred of them on the pitch, but if they're intent on cheating it will make no difference
  • Yet again ITV showed how incompetent they are when it comes to covering sport. They cut to an advert break half way through interview with Mourinho just as he was getting interesting.
    But when your team consists of Adrian Chiles, Andy Townsend and Gareth Southgate can you really expect anything better?
  • ITV sport have been an embarrassment for years.
  • I really don't know how Andy Townsend remains in employment even with ITV. Dull, unperceptive, an expert in the bleeding obvious, I almost admire him for managing to get away with it for so long.
  • Asking mourinho if he's next job is in England and after he says mmmm and is about to reply the guy goes 'sorry Jose gotta go' and then cuts back to old ugly chops in the studio to say 'bye' and then have a slow mo montage and a sponsor advert.

Ditch the montage, I wanna know what Jose would have said. I'd have been pissed off if that was me being interviewed (more so him esp as he has a higher opinion of his own self importance!) I think he would have found that very disrespectful.

Itv are a joke
  • I really don't know how Andy Townsend remains in employment even with ITV. Dull, unperceptive, an expert in the bleeding obvious, I almost admire him for managing to get away with it for so long.

For me, as Andy would say amongst the rest of his mangled English, he really is a very weak link. While watching the African Cup of Nations recently, I was impressed by how good Clarke Carlisle was to listen to and how insightful some of his co-commentary was. If he doesn't get a job in football when he stops playing, someone should sign him up pronto as a pundit.

BTW, why do we have to suffer that UEFA score line that pops up every now and again and blocks out half the screen? (And usually the bit where the ball is!) It was also interesting that this week's Spanish camera work was a much higher quality than last week's German camera work.

• Riviera said:

Yet again ITV showed how incompetent they are when it comes to covering sport. They cut to an advert break half way through interview with Mourinho just as he was getting interesting.
    But when your team consists of Adrian Chiles, Andy Townsend and Gareth Southgate can you really expect anything better?

To be fair, it's not the fault of the presenters and pundits, but the strange decision making behind the scenes, where rushing to adverts and the news is more important than what's just happening on the screen. Jose was in full voice, suggesting there should have been a red card. The obvious thing would have been to let him rant, then review the incident to see whether he had a point or not.
  • The match commentators they use for the FA Cup truly are the worst in the game - Peter Drury makes me want to scream.
  • cafctom said:

The match commentators they use for the FA Cup truly are the worst in the game - Peter Drury makes me want to scream.

I can't stand Drury either but would just about prefer him to Tyldesley. Some of his phrases, which he uses over and over again, really annoy me - a substitute about to come on is "being readied"; when a cross goes over a forward's head - "he couldn't grow enough".