Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moot's and Parky

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
What happened? Cant see on any threads details fo the row!

Comments

• Options
    I expect moo2 got p*****d off being relegated to the bench (again) and then being overlooked (again) when Murty got injured (again). believe Parky brought on Ambrose to play there ( or brought on Ambrose and put Soares there) and then realised his mistake 10 mins later and finally brought on a rightback.

Don't forget - Moo2 was in THAT team which gave Parky his first win (FA cup relay at Norwich) and I was there to see how much it meant to the players, esp Moo2 who virtually leap into the away end at the final whistle it meant so much.
  • Options
    Its a shame when you think about it. He has the potential to be a great player.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    As I posted a few months ago, Yassin said "It is over for me, Parky does not like me."

He'll be gone in the summer.

Don't really blame him, he's had four right backs come in on loan to replace him, only Mills, the first one, was here because Yassin was injured.

I get the feeling he'd love to be playing for us every week, but he is always dropped, even when he's playing well. I think he cares, but he's getting very frustrated.

If Pardew's plan worked out, he'd be one of our best players. Unfortunately in a struggling team a young attacking full back that needs to improve defensively isn't ideal and therefore isn't trusted to play regularly.
  • Options
    As I mentioned in an earlier thread, Moots was embarassingly awful when he came on last night. he's not exactly done his chances of being picked again any favours.
  • Options
    Playing a young attacking right back will never fit into our system and tactic of sitting back the whole 2nd half - get rid!!

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]As I mentioned in an earlier thread, Moots was embarassingly awful when he came on last night. he's not exactly done his chances of being picked again any favours.

He could've scored hat trick and Murty would still get his place back on Saturday.
  • Options
    If he had shown just an ounce of sense and positional responsibility it might of helped
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]As I mentioned in an earlier thread, Moots was embarassingly awful when he came on last night. he's not exactly done his chances of being picked again any favours.

He could've scored hat trick and Murty would still get his place back on Saturday.
    Especially if he was at fault for the 5 goals we conceded!
  • Options
    Moo2 is not a right back but could turn into a useful right winger if developed that way. didn't shaun newton start off at right back? reminds me a bit of him
  • Options
    Eboue, decent attacking right back, couldn't defend so he is now a useful winger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mootakil is not and has not ever been a good defender all i ever read about is what he brings to the team in an attacking sense.

The reason he cant get on is because he is shit, stop sticking up for him he put zero effort in last night he does not deserve your support and does not deserve to be at our club get rid now
  • Options
    he's not shit full stop he's just a shit defender which is why he should be used as a winger and a winger only
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Mootakil is not and has not ever been a good defender all i ever read about is what he brings to the team in an attacking sense.

The reason he cant get on is because he is shit, stop sticking up for him he put zero effort in last night he does not deserve your support and does not deserve to be at our club get rid now[/quote]

I am sorry but was Moo2 on the pitch when we conceded the two goals, especially the first that came from Murty not preventing an easy cross (just like Burnley) as did Crainey consistently before him. Can you blame him for not wanting to play for PP who overlooks him at every opportunity?
  • Options
    Anyone remember his first game for us? Absolute class that day, and i still reckon hes got a lot of potential, but its obvious he'll be going now. Worry thats one we might look back on and regret.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BrightonAddick[/cite]Anyone remember his first game for us? Absolute class that day, and i still reckon hes got a lot of potential, but its obvious he'll be going now. Worry thats one we might look back on and regret.

I remember it well and agree he looked a good prospect.

My view is that if Pardew had stuck with him in his first season we would be seeing a different player now. As it is his confidence must be shot and that is unlikely to change under Parkinson.

I agree with your last comment. I reckon he will move on and become a very useful player.
  • Options
    Whether it is poor management or a poor attitude displayed by the player something has gone terribly awry with Moo2.

That man has all the ingredients other than nous (which comes with experience) to be an excellent player.
  • Options
    Now we are almost certainly down - what's the point of Murty being with us?

Let's send him back to Reading and play someone who's a CAFC player and might be able to do something for us next season
  • Options
    Dickson's got poor attitude, Moots has got a poor attitude, Wright has got a poor attitude, Shelvey's got a poor attitude.

Parky seems beset with players who've always behaved professionally (OK bit early to judge Jonjo) suddenly developing a poor attitude. In a period of a few weeks. Sad that all have their first taste of British senior football with Charlton and are all worthy of the first team.

I wonder if there's some nasty shit in the water.
  • Options
    Is it attitude, or style of play? Dickson isn't a typical striker that's come through the youth academy at a high level, he's from non league, and they've never (maybe until now) been happy with his all round game.

Moutaouakil again - he's not a typical Championship full back. He's quick, comfortable on the ball and loves getting forward. Parkinson seems to prefer more gritty players.

Wright just has too much competition in front of him, that's down to Pardew building a squad of 2 centre backs and 10 central midfielders.

Probably a bit of both though.
  • Options
    Parky's first permanent move was bringing in Spring and then Soares who is probs best in central mid followed. Pards can't take all the blame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree about that, I think it was more a desperate attempt to add better quality players to the squad, when in reality, especially if Racon and ZZ are fit, we have plenty of competition there.
  • Options
    No excuses for wat he did last night but on the hand he is potentially one of our better players and really should be starting, much better IMO than Cranie and really has lacked first team experience and its hard to imagine any player would be full on determination, yes he did himself no favours last night but for his own good I would go on loan and we will almost certainly look to offload him in the summer cause he is certainly way to good of a player to be applying his trade in League 1
  • Options
    He looked good when he came and then got crocked two games in at Stoke.

Has always seemed exciting going forward but dodgy defensively IMHO and he's come in for plenty off stick after games on here pretty much like nearly all the players in fact.

If he hadn't got that injury and if he had been given a long run in the team he, like Youga, might have made a real impact but his performances have often flattered to decieve.

And I from what I hear from an unreliable source his attitude didn't always go down well with the other players.

Never heard Parky say Dickson, Wright or Shelvey had a bad attitude so not sure where that comes from.
  • Options
    Moo2 isn't a clubbable lad. He is a Muslim and does not do alcohol or clubs so socially he may be a bit of a loner. I was at his table at one of those dinner things. He arrived very late after we had finished the first course. He accepted an orange juice from me but never offered to get anyone a drink plus his English was very poor. I spoke to him in French. His own personal choice of a squad was notable in that he only included non-white players. I found him to be very pleasant but as I say, he isn't a mixer and maybe that doesn't help in a team environment. He felt Pardew didn't like him either. Another player felt that he was very promising but tended to get out of position too easily and didn't get back to cover in time.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    That's very interesting, Stilladdicted.

I''ve often wondered if practising Muslims have problems in the boisterously laddish world of English football, because I've got personal experence of how difficult integration can be : my daughter-in-law is a Somali muslim.

When she married my son last year, we had to have two wedding parties, one boozy, champagne-fuelled do at a classic English summer marquee garden party and a second, booze-free do for the Somali family, which we held at Greenwich Yacht Club. It really was two different worlds...

I wonder what the club does off the fieldto help Yassin integrate, by finding people to mentor him who can bridge those two worlds...
  • Options
    I see Moo2 as a player who would be of most use as a right sided midfielder, as he is way off being a defender who is good enough for League One, let alone the Championship. I'd love to see him do well but think he'll be off in the summer.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    nope moutakil is shit, shit ,shit shit. cant defend for toffee he would make a great winger if all they have to do is go forward, he would track back and help out would he, ]

no i doubt it we are better off without him the bloke showed his true colours last night complete tosser
  • Options
    yh i think he probably would given a run in the side, couldn't do any less than Ambrose anyway in that position
  • Options
    right bit of gossip here and probably all wrong, but the farther in law to be is a cabbie and he took one of the older charlton ladies players to sparrows lane the other day from bexley village, aparently there are regular bust ups with the players and parky with kins acting peace keeper. she told him that a few of the foreign guys have had open rows with parky since he got the job, and that the feeling not only in the first team but to the ressy's u18's and even the womens team is that parky should not have got the job and there is very little respect and love for him, and basically from mouts to the tea lady they all wanted him to go. which would explain last nights shinagains, palace was for us and the players not parky and thats why were still bottom and sinking faster then a no legged no armed midget who has fallen over board..
  • Options
    Bobby Curtis was a right back who when he was suddenly switched to right midfield, almost single-handedly saved us from certain relegation in 1971.

Ask Theo Foley.It was his inspiration.