Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SIR ALAN CURBISHLEY ON SSN

ALAN CURBISHLEY 'I can't quite get my head around the fact that roughly 2.5 years ago , premiership side, comfortable in the premier league, was about to appoint a new manager and spend some money and try and strengthen and In 2.5 years WE find ourselves at the bottom of the championship with a real fight on OUR hands so i think, no not just me, i think lots of people worked ever so hard to get the club where they were and WE can't quite believe where WE are now.

Sky Reporter 'does it hurt to see them where they are now after all the hard work and those years you put in?'

ALAN CURBISHLEY 'it's devastating in some respects but everyone moves on, things change , you're no longer the manager , i think i left the club in good shape as i think i left west ham but we all move on but nothing would please me more than to see CHARLTON get out of the trouble they are in at the moment and see west ham carry on what they are doing'

Comments

• Options
    Are you aroused?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Lol.....

Almost another coffee over laptop moment there westside...
  • Options
    FFS Murrey pick the phone up and call the man
  • Options
    Fantastic post. Wonderful use of Caps Lock. Just can't see why you bothered though?
  • Options
    If nothing would please you more Curbs, simple, offer to come back.
  • Options
    i'm coming round to it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]FFS Murrey pick the phone up and call the man

And you don't think tht call has already been made?

(About 3 months ago i reckon)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Fantastic post. Wonderful use of Caps Lock. Just can't see why you bothered though?

charlton website, charlton legend, thought people might like to be reminded of one our greats in these times of sorrow ;-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Fantastic post. Wonderful use of Caps Lock. Just can't see why you bothered though?

For those of us that didn't see SSN this morning perhaps Chirps...

You curmudgeonly old sod... ;-)
  • Options
    Thanks for posting that Oohaah.

He can't get his head around what has happened, eh? Him and the rest of us...

Two and a half years ? It's so easy to forget the decline was that quick.

Love to get him off the record and find out what he really thinks about how and why it's gone down the pan since he left...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]FFS Murrey pick the phone up and call the man[/quote]

And you don't think tht call has already been made?

(About 3 months ago i reckon)[/quote]

No i dont, i think they were banking on Parkinson turning it around, and didnt want to spend the money
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]FFS Murrey pick the phone up and call the man[/quote]

If not give me his number and ill call him
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Give me his address and i will carry him there, we need someone who can organise a team and defend a lead.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Are you aroused?

It's the CAPS LOCK that gets me
  • Options
    i appreciate you posting that oohaah. i am unable to see ssn at work so i wouldn't have seen it. i guess if it was put on the os people would be having a moan? or maybe they are moaning that the os isn't covering it.or moaning that they didn't post it first.or moaning coz they didn't sign up for this crap when they got into charlton 5 years ago.

why do some have a problem with our greatest modern manager? maybe a charlton fans website is not the right place for these topics.
  • Options
    He cant see where it went wrong.......well he can have a good look at the shit he left us with!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]He cant see where it went wrong.......well he can have a good look at the shit he left us with!!

Well the so called shit might not have been the best squad we had for a while in the Prem but they were still capable of keeping us in the Premiership.

If you’re blaming Curbishley for our demise you’re having a laugh ffs.
  • Options
    Our demise is solely down to the Dowie-Reed era - I feel sorry for Reed but NEVER wanted Dowie... Pardew I was pleased to see come to the club especially as he nearly NEARLY saved us - if he was still in charge would we not be around 40 points already?

Curbishley left us with a mid table team...
  • Options
    I think Curbishley left us with a relegation threatened team, however with the investment the board gave Dowie I feel he would have kept us where we were. It is a but puzzling they didn't offer this to Curbs (I think he has mentioned this in the past)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i think i left the club in good shape

Yeah, OK Alan.

I refer you to Mr C. Wanker's valid points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]He cant see where it went wrong.......well he can have a good look at the shit he left us with!![/quote]

Well the so called shit might not have been the best squad we had for a while in the Prem but they were still capable of keeping us in the Premiership.

If you’re blaming Curbishley for our demise you’re having a laugh ffs.[/quote]

I'm not blaming him solely or anyone else for that fact lots of factors have contributed to our downfall, but he walked from the club leaving the worst squad we had ever had in the premiership.
  • Options
    curbs got 15 points from his last 15 games ... a point per game is there and there abouts for safety in the prem.... and it is a 38 game season and he got 47 points in his last season.. they are all facts not opinion
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]He cant see where it went wrong.......well he can have a good look at the shit he left us with!!

i blame the directors for building up our magnificent stadium,filling it and letting him run a comfortable midtable premier side on a shoestring.
  • Options
    Curbishley was never in all his time given the amount of money that Pinky and Perky had to spend, as well as there was no way the board were going to sanction deals if they knew that he was leaving in the summer. Maybe if the board told him he had X amount to spend in the summer he may have stayed and we certainly wouldnt be were we are today.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]curbs got 15 points from his last 15 games ... a point per game is there and there abouts for safety in the prem.... and it is a 38 game season and he got 47 points in his last season.. they are all facts not opinion[/quote]

just out of interest how many did he get from the last 19 league games?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]curbs got 15 points from his last 15 games ... a point per game is there and there abouts for safety in the prem.... and it is a 38 game season and he got 47 points in his last season.. they are all facts not opinion

sorry that is just not fact.
    curb won 4 drew 5 and lost 6 of his last 15 prem games giving 17 points.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]curbs got 15 points from his last 15 games ... a point per game is there and there abouts for safety in the prem.... and it is a 38 game season and he got 47 points in his last season.. they are all facts not opinion

22 pts
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]

If you’re blaming Curbishley for our demise you’re having a laugh ffs.

I'm not blaming him solely or anyone else for that fact lots of factors have contributed to our downfall, but he walked from the club leaving the worst squad we had ever had in the premiership.

Sorry if I jumped down your throat but there has been enough Curbs bashing. We would never have tasted the Prem if it wasn't for him.

The fans that were constantly moaning because they believed we had the pot of money to buy and attract world beaters to the club and Curbs played boring football perhaps now see he "had to manage what he had".

If RM had let him stay the last season of his contract and then provided the same money he let Dowie squander he would have left us with a stronger squad. However the hardcore of players were there and with the usual couple of pre season signings we were capable of keeping our status. Dowie not only signed crap he also got rid of players who might not have been the best, but they did a good job for us over the seasons.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]

correction it was 17points from last 15 league games and 22 points from last 19 league games... sorry got confused with results cos our run to the 1/4 finals of the FA Cup got in the way ;-)
  • Options
    you're quicker than me PBS!!