Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Humurous quotes relating to our situation

Comments

• Options
    Conversation between two Charlton fans, trying to get a song going at the Norwich game -

Private Cole: Why does it have to be us? Why us?
    Colour Sgt. Bourne: Because we're here, lad. No one else. Just us.
  • Options
    "True is it that we have seen better days" (Shakespeare, As You Like It)
  • Options
    Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss.

Alexandre Dumas Père
  • Options
    " Sir , i think i see an ice berg"

" thank you, ill take a strategic review some time when i can be arsed"

Captain of The Titanic
  • Options
    A win! a win! my kingdom for a win!". (Shakespeare, Richard III)
  • Options
    If Harold Shand ever attended a Charlton board meeting -

Harold: I'm glad I found out in time just what a partnership with a pair of wankers like you would've been. A sleeping partner's one thing, but you're in a fucking coma!
  • Options
    "Be not afraid of losing: some are born losers, some achieve losing and some have losing thrust upon them".

(Shakespeare, again, Twelth Night)
  • Options
    'Superhuman effort isn't worth a damn unless it achieves results'

Ernest Shackleton
  • Options
    Harold Shand addressing the Charlton manager on being appointed chairman -

Harold: Remember, scare the shit out of them, but don't damage them. I want 'em conscious and talkative.
  • Options
    'Enjoy the championship - you t**sser' Jordan to Murray whoops wrong way around.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    " sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is the 5.15 express from Glasgow"
  • Options
    "Charlton is like a box of chocolates" - Forest Gump
  • Options
    "We wont fight them in the midfield, we wont fight them in defence, we wont fight them up front ..... we will meekly surrender!" - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    "A burger, a burger, my kingdom for a burger" - AFKA BArtram
  • Options
    I used to be indecisive, but now Im not so sure.....R Murray 2006/2007/2008/2009?

I used to be indecisive, but now Im not so sure.....A Pardew 2007/2008

I used to be indecisive, but now Im not so sure.....P Parkinson 2008/2009?
  • Options
    "Patience is a virtue" - nothstandsteve

;o)
  • Options
    "Mine's a pint - and whatever these lads are drinking" - Rothko
  • Options
    I rise today to offer a formal and heartfelt apology to all the victims of this lynching in our history, and for the failure of the United States Senate Charlton Athletic Board to take action when action was most needed - George Allen
  • Options
    He is foolish to blame the sea who is shipwrecked twice.

–– Publilius Syrus
  • Options
    We think its best, if we do nothing at all - Ronan Keating on joining the Charlton board
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is no development strategy more beneficial to society as a whole - women and men alike - than the one which involves women as central players - Kofi Annan on Charllton's peculiar decision to give the manager job to Cheri Lunghi
  • Options
    We are running out of time. We need a strategy to win or an exit strategy to leave - Max Cleland confusing SE7 for Iraq
  • Options
    Charlton may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without Charlton.

Benjamin Disraeli
  • Options
    We owe our fans more than rhetoric; we owe them a real plan. The Administration has yet to put forward a strategy for achieving stability - Dennis Cardoza also getting his football and wars in a two and eight
  • Options
    Cheer up, the worst is yet to come. - Philander Johnson
  • Options
    When a man is tired of LONDON ( or the Premiership )
    He is tired of life itself.

Dr Johnson.
  • Options
    No more boom and bust - R Murray, 2005
  • Options
    It's fun to come to V-A-LL-EY : The Charlton Village People
  • Options
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars. (one of Wilde's)
  • Options
    When I find myself in times of trouble Lennie Lawrence comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, let it be - Lennon/McCartney