Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

DONATE FOR OUR TROOPS...PLEASE

13»

Comments

• Options
    This is the sort of thing that puts life back into perspective. I live not too far from the Headley army hospital and every time I drive past I think what can I do to help? Trust a Charlton supporter to come up with something! Have some old Charlton shirts (good nick) that ...er...seem to have shrunk in the wash along with some other bits and pieces. Well done DA, all the best, will drop off Saturday.
  • Options
    Thanks march51
  • Options
    Bump, see above thank you post.
  • Options
    As said before, if anyone needs stuff picking-up or taken whisper me and I'll do it on Friday in the van.
    Local(ish) only; not going abroad.......
  • Options
    What? Your Sat Nav doesn't go all the way to Kabul?

:-)
  • Options
    It does, but i ain't got the time !
  • Options
    E were you going to be Sat fella

100 plus toothbrushes could be a lot more just a guess
    hope they are keen on dental care 50 or so packs of floss

Best teeth in the world as well as best troops in the world
  • Options
    Working Saturday mate, you can give them to Tom behind the jump in the Cons and I will pick them up, cheers, got to get it all in the post by Friday 5th December, last post to Afghanistan before Xmas.

My pal is boxing up all of Saturdays donations at the moment using his bathroom scales to measure the 2kg boxes (pmsl), got a few things to buy this weekend then get them to the Post Office next Tuesday or Wednesday on my day off.

Cheers D
  • Options
    make the floss more like 100
  • Options
    A gentle reminder......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that you can still donate stuff tomorrow (Sat).
  • Options
    and the new issue of "Anorak Addick" is out !
  • Options
    Sorry DA9,as described elsewhere, broke down on M23 today and couldn't get there.Have still got stuff and will try and get over before Weds. Hopefully will have work job out that way.
  • Options
    E Get much else on Sat ?
  • Options
    A bagful, which my pal has sorted, cheers
  • Options
    Further to previous entry, I called in to Headley Court army hospital and a pub in Leatherhead has just had a similar collection to yours so they were happy to add my stuff to it, so it will get there in the end!
  • Options
    Are WE carrying on with this after xmas;
    again, I'd be more than willing to help.
    P.
  • Options
    If would be good if this is a on going.

I can make a few more calls with other contacts for bits or maybe just stock up ready for next year
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited December 2008
    Just to let you all know, the final parcels went off last week, they are very very grateful for these, so thank you to those who helped collect, and especially all of you who donated, many many thanks.

We did have a surplus of about £130-£140 in cash, we have sent this to them and it will be going behind the bar at their barracks for a well earned Christmas drink on us.

Thanks again to everyone.

More Than Just A Football Club
  • Options
    Nice one E