Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

DONATE FOR OUR TROOPS...PLEASE

DA9DA9
edited November 2008 in Not Sports Related
A friend of mines son is on the supply convoys up to the forward lines out in Afghanistan.
On the 22nd Nov for the Sheff Utd game (and possibly Southampton game on the 29th) we are going to have a couple of boxes on the doors of the Cons & Lib club, and anybody who would like to bring along any off the following.
We are going to do a parcel which will be from us all, just as a small gesture to the troops. My mates son will then distribute what we give to the lads on the forward lines as a thank you and Happy Xmas from us all Cheers

Single sachets of Ovaltine/horlicks/cappuccino/cup-a-soups etc
Hand/face cream
Wet wipes
Roll on deodorants
Victory v/ fishermens friends etc (getting cold there now)
Boiled sweets
Pot noodles
magazines like Viz/Loaded/Nuts etc

Any donation greatfully received...thanks

Comments

• da9 sorry mate away for sheffield game is it possible to drop some stiff off over the bar at the con club few nights before cheers dg
  • Those ar*ses in the house of commons should hang their heads in shame !!!
  • DA9 will do mate , but off to land of sand on 17th. where can i drop stuff off to you ?
  • Dartford/Goonerhater

You can hand it in to Tom (the steward) at the Cons club at anytime, he is fully aware we are doing it.

Cheers fellas
  • Ok to just stick some money in the bucket?
  • Flannels any good ?

may have a few dozen expandable ones at home unless teh kids have given them all to there mates
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Ok to just stick some money in the bucket?

I will see what I can work out regards money, and get back to you.
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Flannels any good ?

may have a few dozen expandable ones at home unless teh kids have given them all to there mates

Anything would be appreciated fella
  • no probs will sort some bits out this week
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Ok to just stick some money in the bucket?

I will see what I can work out regards money, and get back to you.

I only ask as I know I'll forget to bring any of the items with me. At least with money you can go and get whatever you feel he needs...
  • Cheers Medders, must admit I didn't think of money, would be easier for a lot of people but it also brings security issues etc
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Ok to just stick some money in the bucket?[/quote]

and theres me thinking theres a guy with 1 or 2 pot noddles hanging around his place!!
  • Mariacafc, NorthstandUltra and family will make a box full of everything you have listed and bring it along to the Sheff U game DA9.

Great idea and we are more than happy to help out these fantastic men and ladies.

:o)
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Ok to just stick some money in the bucket?

and theres me thinking theres a guy with 1 or 2 pot noddles hanging around his place!!

Pot Noodles dont last 2 minutes round here mate!
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Cheers Medders, must admit I didn't think of money, would be easier for a lot of people but it also brings security issues etc

Think you'd be able to send out a bigger package ultimately too... Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea but who would bring sachets of ovaltine to football... oh hang on, where's henners?!

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Mariacafc, NorthstandUltra and family will make a box full of everything you have listed and bring it along to the Sheff U game DA9.

Great idea and we are more than happy to help out these fantastic men and ladies.

Thank you all most kindly

We are going to send them as gifts from the supporters of Charlton Atheltic and the members of both the Cons & Lib clubs
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Mariacafc, NorthstandUltra and family will make a box full of everything you have listed and bring it along to the Sheff U game DA9.

Thank you all most kindly

We are going to send them as gifts from the supporters of Charlton Atheltic and the members of both the Cons & Lib clubs

Great Idea - we all think that the boys an girls desverve everything we can send over!

I know that Sports World are doing the new England Shirt for a £5 at the mo - think that they ordered too much thinking that we would make it to the Euros! Would we be able to send some of them too??
  • Yes, Great cause. I'll bring a bag of stuff for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers BR
  • E ;
    Got the van if anything needs picking up/dropping off anywhere.
  • [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]E ;
    Got the van if anything needs picking up/dropping off anywhere.

Thanks fella, will let you know
  • Why Bump ?
    Why not;
    "Oi ! Don't forget!!".
  • I've got a few Fourfourtwo magazines from the last few months, is it worth droping them in?
  • Definitely, all greatly received
  • There's a justgiving page. Is this the same thing?

Support our soldiers Xmas parcel appeal
  • I've got loads of FHM, Nuts, Zoo etc I been keeping as I couldn't bare to chuck them away. If I can't bring them to the game is there anywhere else I can take them? THere's quite a few kicking about.
  • The cons or the lib club mate, if you cant get there let me know and I will try and sort something