Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Poppy

13»

Comments

• Options
    We're being sold at the law firm in the city I was at on Monday. Bought another metal lapel badge as don't lose them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]We're being sold at the law firm in the city I was at on Monday. Bought another metal lapel badge as don't lose them.
    I buy about five a year cos I keep losing them. It's the one thing I don't really care about losing though - each time I buy another one its more in the coffers.
    Also got a metal one last year for my jacket.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]But they're not on sale yet, so people are wearing last year's, so no money is being earnt. I agree with Mrs Lout, and don't think it's appropriate to wear them til November.

been on sale all week in the city
  • Options
    they were on sale on sat in somerfields in woolwich
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]But they're not on sale yet, so people are wearing last year's, so no money is being earnt.

LOL - I must've imagined buying one yesterday then!
  • Options
    Got mine in Eltham high street Saturday.

Anyone know if we'll have a shirt with a poppy on at the Peterborough match ? If so hopefully we auction them off after and donate the funds to the British Legion, could make a few bob for a worth cause.

It's been reported yesterday that Celtic have stopped the sale of poppies outside their stadium. Very sad if true - I can understand that the wouldn't want hundreds of charities applying to them to collect before matches, but surely this is one of the most important charities to support and seems to have a special place in the footballing world.
  • Options
    saw barry nugent selling them in eltham today.