Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Beer

Comments

• Options
    Long time since I shagged a mammal Oggy - ANY mammal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Long time since I shagged a mammal Oggy - ANY mammal.

Is that why you're Off it at the moment ....?
  • Options
    I'm not off it - just everyone else seems to be!
  • Options
    Went for an Italian meal last night and had some Peroni Grand Riserva

Top, top beer. Lager but malty and tasty. 6.6 ABV

Now to find an offy or supermarket that stocks it

http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/nlpdetail.php?prodid=4711
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yea Peroni is one of the best Lagers Henners i agree. But because of you guys on heres influence i am now a real ale drinker :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Yea Peroni is one of the best Lagers Henners i agree. But because of you guys on heres influence i am now a real ale drinker :-)[/quote]

; )
  • Options
    thats brought a massive smile to my face TCE
  • Options
    I had a few proper beers in the Princess of Wales (Charing Cross) wednesday evening. Cant remember what they were or how many I had but I do know they wernt lager and I had to take a days holiday Thursday.
  • Options
    At the moment, probably:

1st Brooklyn Black Chocolate 2006 edition - extra matured 10.6% (rather than the standard 10.1% version)
    2nd Brewdog Tokyo 18.2% - only two barrels ever made, was very lucky to get to taste it on draught
    3rd Sam Adams Cherry Wheat - session beer (only 5.4%) but thoroughly nommy
    4th Meantime Lavender Porter - another flavoursome sessioner (5%), limited edition only available for the next few weeks, you gotta try it
    5th Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier (Marzen preferred to the Weissen) - tastes like liquid smoked cheese (5.1%) nomnomnom
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In UK, I like Shepherd Neame, Harveys and Timothy Taylors.

In Thailand, I tend to drink San Miguel Light - Singha is not good for the brain. Kloster is not too bad if you can find it.

In Malaysia, the Carlsberg (which is brewed locally) is not bad. Anchor is undrinkable

In all of SE Asia, Tiger is OK, but I find it boring after a while.

Hoegaarden is good wherever you can get it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Majestic are now stocking Doom Bar. Happy days.
  • Options
    1) Harveys
    2) Adnams
  • Options
    Master Brew if I need to operate heavy macinery, otherwise Adnams Broadside, Fullers ESB or Tanglefoot.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Innis & Gunn - gorgeous Scottish beer. Annoyingly sold in clear bottles so often skunked, but they've started selling it under wrap, so less chance of that now. Never found it on tap anywhere, but more boozers are starting to stock it (at hideous prices).

Failing that, draft Guinness is FTW - provided the pipes are decent and haven't been cleaned with bleach.

Can't stand most lager unless I'm in Munich and drinking it at source :). Modelo (especially Modelo Negro), Budvar, Staropramen and San Miguel are OK though
  • Options
    I can vouch for Innis & Gunn...very unique and flavourful. I stumbled across Spitfire locally, and really enjoy it, although I know that hardly makes me special on here!
  • Options
    Paddington or Bear in the big blue house. Ooooooh BEER sorry
  • Options
    Innis & Gunn a year or so back did a special beer finished in a rum barrel. Not cheap, it came in its own box like a fine malt.
    One of my all time greats. Their standard brew is a regular beverage in my house. Dont understand why people continue to think a pint of chemical brew, ala lager, is worth parting with £3.00/pint compared to a real beer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Paddington or Bear in the big blue house. Ooooooh BEER sorry

Nev in "Beer behaving badly".........
  • Options
    innis and gunn is a top tipple.

Rupert, not peroni blue riband but gran reserva.
  • Options
    Had a pilsner in Cardiff ZeroBar the other night, tasted like a sweet beer that'd been left in the fridge for a year too long, not to my tastes. The Pale Ale was good stuff, but I do admit to swapping and changing most of the time. Hands down a Cobra with a nice indian though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Old Peculiar - draught

Almost any draught german lager, in Germany (small glasses though).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Old Peculiar - draught

Almost any draught german lager, in Germany (small glasses though).

Old Peculiar on draught, a bit strong for lunch time drinking but when its on i have to have it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]innis and gunn is a top tipple.

Italian beer for me begins and ends with Moretti. Beautiful, refreshing, golden beer - brings me wonderful memories of Sicily, Rome and Napoli every time I drink it. Any of that InBev shite is an absolute disgrace - shouldn't even be allowed to be called 'beer'. Horrendous chemical soup.
  • Options
    This is such a real beer/ale virgin question but.....is it served cold?

When i see people drinking it, it looks warm! Thats the reason why i drink lager and havent tried ale. I like my drinks to be refreshing, hence why i have a Guiness extra cold if the lagers shite.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm presently enjoying a nice Blue Buck Beer from Victoria, BC.
  • Options
    OK, this is risky, but I'm going to have to "come out" and tell you I'm a Master Brewer (have to be careful how you say that).

That doesn't mean my opinion about beer is any more valid than all of yours; in fact, I am biased.

For what it's worth here is my two penn'orth:

Whoever said ESB, I have to agree, that is probably my favourite beer. But different beers suit different occasions.

ESB is not a "session" beer. So, for a session: ale: Timothy Taylor's Landlord (that's also been mentioned by a few) Lager: Tooheys Extra Dry (Australia) and
    Stout: Murphy's Irish Stout (so much smoother than Guinness but still full of flavour (and OK, I used to make it))

If you want a Japanese lager it has to be Kirin Ichiban Shibori (I think Charles Wells make this in the UK).

Whoever said Carlton Draught needs help! If you want a "standard" Aussie beer, has to be Tooheys New!!

I was brought up on Courage Light & Bitter and Young's Ordinary.

I visted the Youngs Brewery at age 17 on a "field trip" and that was when I decided that brewing was the thing for me. We ended up in the sample room and the rest is history!!

There are also many beautiful Belgian and German beers as many of you have mentioned.
  • Options
    Had three lovely pints of Erdinger (on draught) at The Kings Head in Upnor on Sunday...........................superb!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]innis and gunn is a top tipple.

O right ok im with you. Cool you recomend that then do you?
  • Options
    Well, there's this extract from the BBC's website. What it tastes like though....

"A controversial Scottish brewery has said it has reclaimed the title of the world's strongest beer from German rivals - with Sink the Bismarck at 41%.

BrewDog, of Fraserburgh, made headlines last year when it unveiled a 32% beer called Tactical Nuclear Penguin.

However, Schorschbrau released the 40% strength Schorschbock.

BrewDog said its newly released 41%, Sink the Bismarck, would cost £40 for a 330ml bottle and would only be sold online."
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcfan[/cite]Well, there's this extract from the BBC's website. What it tastes like though....

"A controversial Scottish brewery has said it has reclaimed the title of the world's strongest beer from German rivals - with Sink the Bismarck at 41%.

BrewDog, of Fraserburgh, made headlines last year when it unveiled a 32% beer called Tactical Nuclear Penguin.

However, Schorschbrau released the 40% strength Schorschbock.

BrewDog said its newly released 41%, Sink the Bismarck, would cost £40 for a 330ml bottle and would only be sold online."[/quote]

It's not only sold online. A pub in South East London has been doing it - in 25ml shot measures - for nearly a week now. Not tried it myself, but those who have say it tastes f***ing horrible.