Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Beer

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Leffe, Duvel and Kwak - all Belgian
    Brahma, Corona.
    Carling or Carlsberg for the pub.

image_url22-08-2009-221227.jpg
  • Options
    Draught - Harveys, Deuchars IPA, Meantime Pale Ale.
    Bottled - Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Rother Valley Boadicea, Duval.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Super Bock

Blimey shag, that's not even the best beer in Portugal, and we are not talking a great deal of competition here...

More to do with happy holiday memories than taste I suspect.

Any road up

Greene King IPA
    Hopback Summer Lightning
    Wadworths 6X
    Harveys Best
    Spitfire
  • Options
    I was brought up on Youngs Ordinary but Summer Lightening is my fave now, doesn't taste as strong as it is. Spent the Norwich weekend doing the Woodforde's Wherry list to accumulate some prizes but alas it finished end of September. However they do resurrect it from time to time.......
  • Options
    Algarve - I love it .

It beats Cristal and Sagres , dunno any others ....
  • Options
    Adnams Broadside
    Hobgoblin
    Harveys best
    Wadworth 6x
    Directors.
    Anything brewed by Badger.

Used to like Flowers too. Don't seem to see it anymore.
  • Options
    I've never even heard of any of these, proper old school ale drinkers!!

Budweiser :-s
  • Options
    I work for Sheps but not really keen on many of their beers.

Best beer I have ever had has to be Leffe Blond on Draught, bleedin strong as well.

As a rule though do love a nice pint of Guinness.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Not allowed to drink beer but there are a couple of gluten free beers available although they are an aquired taste and not like the real thing. Also an asian shop in Croydon has imported bottled Guiness from India which does not contain gluten. I wonder how they can make it without using malt and barley: it certainly has a unique flavour! In the old days though it was Young's Special and Courage Director's. Happy Days.
  • Options
    London Pride is my favourite 'all evening beer'.
    Glad to see a few like Adnams (especially Broadside) lovely drop of juice.
    Drink bottles of Bishops Finger in the Liberal club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CommentAuthorCurb_ItCommentTime2 hours ago quote# 59
    As mention, one for soundas... we're staying in Farningham/Horton Kirby this week and have to say the Chequers is a bloody lovely pub. wow. The Pied bull there is nice but for just a drinkers pub the chequers is the nuts.

I could move there for that!

Always go into 1 of those 2 on a wednesday night - thinks it's the bull tonight - both pubs serve excellent and well kept beers
  • Options
    Stella
    Estrella
    Ella
    Ella
  • Options
    Erdinger Weisbrau.....on draught...hard to find!
  • Options
    For the pub: Becks, Grolsch, Guinness, Peroni

Bishops Finger, Kasteel Cru, Kwak, Erdinger, Staropramen, Hoegaarden, Leffe, Pilsner Urquell all hit the spot as well
  • Options
    CommentAuthorSoundAsa£ CommentTimeSep 20th 2008 quote# 5
    Erdinger Weissbrau...on draught.....hard to come by.

[cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Erdinger Weisbrau.....on draught...hard to find!

Is it better with one or two s's
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]CommentAuthorSoundAsa£ CommentTimeSep 20th 2008 quote# 5
    Erdinger Weissbrau...on draught.....hard to come by.

[cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Erdinger Weisbrau.....on draught...hard to find!

Is it better with one or two s's

Or a "ß".
  • Options
    Asahi.........A Japanense lager sold up Shootershill GC
    Beers.........try anything, was drinking Gales last week in The Bull.
  • Options
    like that peroni stuff. .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Asahi.........A Japanense lager sold up Shootershill GC
    Beers.........try anything, was drinking Gales last week in The Bull.

Asahi is lovely....it creeps up on you tho after 4 or 5.
  • Options
    Old Speckled Hen and Black Sheep are the current favourites. Anything 'real' will do though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Old Speckled Hen and Black Sheep are the current favourites. Anything 'real' will do though.

Black sheep was the "Beer of the week" up the road last week, if he has any left friday I'll give it ago.
  • Options
    Lager Shandy - preferably as weak as possible and certainly no stronger than Fosters.
  • Options
    Got back from the States last night - just spent a couple of weeks drinking American stuff.

Most of what's available draught is fizzy ice cold undrinkable stuff that looks and tastes like piss.
    But I discovered Springwater brewery in Atlanta, and in a couple of places it wasn't fizzed up and available from a proper traditional pump, as opposed to the normal minature pastiche pump handles on gas pressure dispensers.

Otherwise it was bottled ales: Springwater 420 (bit sweet but you get used to it).
    Tap Room Amber, .......very palatable from New York, I think.
    Sam Adams (various), brewed in Boston ...... quite English in flavour.
    Sierra Nevada, and Dominion (maybe brewed in Ohio)
    And Oktoberfest, a seasonal malty hoppy English style, fairly dark for a bitter.

There were some others that were decent, but naturally when you're drinking the stuff, the memory blurs a bit :o)

Of course, there was a myriad of familiar stuff imported from Europe - but I always like to try the local beers when I'm in another country.

Remember being in New York 3 or 4 years ago, and right under the Empire State building, was a very decent English style pub (rather than a bar). It sold various beers on traditional pumps, Heartland Brewery I think it was - very good indeed.
  • Options
    Holsten Pils , Peroni and lecce (spelling probably wrong, from weatherspoons).
  • Options
    Goacher's Gold Star, Whitstable IPA, HopDaemon Incubus. In fact pretty much any ale from Goacher's, puts Shepherd Neame into an average purgatory.

Not a massive fan of lagers, but quite like most proper German lagers and Tasmanian lagers like Boags. Montieths from NZ was also delicious, esspecially their red. Shame I never see them in the UK.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Funny how these threads pop back up now and again.

Recently discovered than the Tapas bar near where I live sells Bitburger Pils on draught. I'm more of a real ale man but Bitburger is a lager of exceptional quality and taste and is fortunately still only available on import. One of the best German beers ever.
  • Options
    You b@stards. God I really miss a proper pint.

I have had to start shopping in LIDL because at least you can get drinkable and cheap german lager there. A lot of supermarkets have Murphy's Red but I can not bring myself to buy it, has any proper beer drinker tried it and liked it?
  • Options
    I love red beers but it sounds ominously bad by what your saying. What's it taste like? Does it have the modern Irish plague of loads of sugar left in it after the brewing process?
  • Options
    dont do any of the real ales, though when we played chesterfield in the league cup a few years ago i tried a stout that was flavoured with black pepper which was lovely.

king of the lagers that i drink has to be holsten export.

a real aler i drink with, keeps trying to get me on these light wheat beers, but i see the state he gets into on them and avoid.
  • Options
    Haven't tried it, but the fact its for sale in the spanish interior (not many brits) means it must be rubbish. Its along side the ubiquitous Guiness and John Smiths smooth. I am so desperate I would buy an ordinary JSs but a smooth!! My father in law would disown me. On the coast (of Spain) you can get bottles of real ale in small brit shops but it is, in my experience, often out of date or kept in direct sunlight. Still normally beats local beer, which is good for a hot summers day, but you (I) can't have a session with it.