Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marriage.. The Pro's & Cons???

My missus keeps dropping hints about weddings & me getting her an engagement ring..

Whats your thoughts on the +'s & -'s of getting hitched?

Comments

• Options
    + The stag do is a right laugh

- the nagging gets worse
  • Options
    IMO, its more important to the women, we just have to turn up, if you intend to stay with her for life, do it, cant do any harm (apart from the initial cost, we are planning ours on a reduced budget, and it will still cost us upto £10k) earns you browny points initially and possible tax breaks in the future under a Tory government.
  • Options
    apparently you will live up to 10 years longer!
  • Options
    Call me a old romantic but from my point of view, the only cons are: Paying for the wedding and the hangover from the stag night!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]IMO, its more important to the women, we just have to turn up, if you intend to stay with her for life, do it, cant do any harm (apart from the initial cost, we are planning ours on a reduced budget, and it will still cost us upto £10k) earns you browny points initially and possible tax breaks in the future under a Tory government.

10K?....bloody hell...D and I wedding cost about 5k including honeymoon in the Bahamas..
  • Options
    As long as you understand its all part of the womens controlling process ...
    you meet , and she loves your funny ways and your friends and your hobbies, and then you get engaged , and the screw is turned slowly but inevitably , and then when the ring is firmly placed on your finger , she nags your funny ways, your friends are seen as 'rivals' , and your hobbies are ridiculed relentlessly , until you give them all up for a easy life

Your then only ever seen pushing the trolley around the supermarket 2 yards behind her , wearing clothes she has bought for you , nodding and obeying her every word , until you die ................yeah mate go for it
  • Options
    25 years on, (2 weeks ago), 3 fantastic children, I'd say I'm in the +'s camp!!

Of course the fact she might get to read this has no bearing on that statement whatsoever! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]+ The stag do is a right laugh

- the nagging gets worse

Ooh the stag - still wince at mine that was GREAT. Plymouth locked on fact best palce for a stag. LOL.

I second shag's take on it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]IMO, its more important to the women, we just have to turn up, if you intend to stay with her for life, do it, cant do any harm (apart from the initial cost, we are planning ours on a reduced budget, and it will still cost us upto £10k) earns you browny points initially and possible tax breaks in the future under a Tory government.

10K?....bloody hell...D and I wedding cost about 5k including honeymoon in the Bahamas..

We're just too popular mate.......extended familys etc.
  • Options
    Watch out for the glandular problem with the ring finger, very common in women, once any gold touches it, theres a chemical reaction and they start expanding inexplicably around the arse and belly area.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Watch out for the glandular problem with the ring finger, very common in women, once any gold touches it, theres a chemical reaction and they start expanding inexplicably around the arse and belly area.

LMAO
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Watch out for the glandular problem with the ring finger, very common in women, once any gold touches it, theres a chemical reaction and they start expanding inexplicably around the arse and belly area.[/quote]

Shit I must have female genes!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]

- the nagging gets worse

Ooh the stag - still wince at mine that was GREAT. Plymouth locked on fact best palce for a stag. LOL.

I'll second that mate , was a fucking good stag do !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Watch out for the glandular problem with the ring finger, very common in women, once any gold touches it, theres a chemical reaction and they start expanding inexplicably around the arse and belly area.

PMFS...
  • Options
    I once knew a bloke who said cut out the middle man, find someone you hate and give them a house.
  • Options
    my brother got married 3 weeks ago and when he got engaged he said he was scared how by asking 1 question it triggered off a domino effect of questions, events, decisions, spending - he got quite freaked out by it in the first few months.
    their wedding day though was one of the best days(weekends) ever for them and for me. despite spending the whole day in tears!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]

- the nagging gets worse

Been married before, my original stag in 1994 was at the H&G, soup in a basket, comedian,strippers etc. Went to my mates house beforehand, and unbeknown to him his missus lent me a basque, put it on in the toilet before we went out underneath my clothes, knowing I would be stitched up later on.
    Ended up on stage, stripped, lots of shocked faces etc, ended up handcuffed naked to the pelican crossing outside having beer poured over my head.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]my brother got married 3 weeks ago and when he got engaged he said he was scared how by asking 1 question it triggered off a domino effect of questions, events, decisions, spending - he got quite freaked out by it in the first few months.
    their wedding day though was one of the best days(weekends) ever for them and for me. despite spending the whole day in tears!

1 question, chain of events, sounds like my missus, why use 2 words when 37 will do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]I once knew a bloke who said cut out the middle man, find someone you hate and give them a house.

lol.. i had my fingers burnt once before with that..
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Been married before, my original stag in 1994 was at the H&G, soup in a basket, comedian,strippers etc. Went to my mates house beforehand, and unbeknown to him his missus lent me a basque, put it on in the toilet before we went out underneath my clothes, knowing I would be stitched up later on.
    Ended up on stage, stripped, lots of shocked faces etc, ended up handcuffed naked to the pelican crossing outside having beer poured over my head.

Have you still got the basque?.....lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aint a basque some sort of Spainish terrorist ?
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Have you still got the basque?.....lol

LOL......no
  • Options
    yes Fishnets of course he aint got the basque anymore. It wouldnt fit in the wardrobe withh all the gold and silver jump suits would it .
  • Options
    True....
  • Options
    white mate, white
  • Options
    plus the six boxes of Tri-angles and tamborines --- hear DA9 has em made by Stratacaster these days as well
  • Options
    Your only jealous your not in showbiz like me and know people, I can tell :-)
  • Options
    So does anyone here regret marriage?
  • Options
    I think if you get married, split up and hate your ex it is no different than if you were not married, split up and hate your ex.
  • Options
    So does anyone here regret marriage?

My dad with his new wife. Awful