Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:
    Stig said:
    Those BBC announcements after almost any programme giving out support messages and contact information. 

“If you have recently been killed in a plane crash - please call this number for support”
    .....calls are charged at £1.50 per minute....
    Are they really?  Tonight's wasn't. 

Free quid?!?!

Even worse, cheers for heads up mate
    I though about this after I'd posted. Perhaps they charge out your way so that foreign nationals don't get a freebie about of British licence payers.
    Not sure mate, never called it. 
  • Options
    Gala Bingo ad on TV.  Makes out it's a big game of friends. No it ain't it's an insular game you play on your phone or tablet. When do you get to meet all of these people?

More utter bollocks.

• Options
    Macronate said:
    The Alexa advert where the bad loser girl comes in having lost a game of football and strops up to her room without even speaking to her parents.

Mum is then awoken to a sound outside and asks Alexa what the time is. 4:40am is the reply. 4 fuckin’ 40am.

Mum looks outside and sees daughter kicking a ball against a wall in the garden. Remember it’s 4:40am.

So what does mum do next?

No, she doesn’t shout at her daughter to get inside immediately before she wakes the whole sodding street up. Nor does she go outside herself, clip her daughter round the ear and demand she go indoors.

Instead, mum asks Alexa to activate the outside floodlight just in case the whole street wasn’t already awake, so that her daughter can continue honing her skills.

Utter bollocks.

Agreed, glad she don't live next door to me.
  • Options
    Heard some weird things about those Alexas
  • Options
    shes a racist.
  • Options
    are those Alexas actually popular? it seems like a glorified remote controller? 
  • Options

FBI related?

Or that they're watching you when you have a tommy?

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Macronate said:

FBI related?

A story I heard a while back from a client of mine and her boyfriend, was that after he collected his son from his ex Mrs' house, they got home and put his sons Alexa on to listen to music or whatever, and they could here his ex Mrs and her boyfriend having a conversation (they also have an Alexa). I don't know anything about them, but that's what they said. 

Something else is that they're always listening, even when you ain't actually talking to them.

It wouldn't bother me personally. I don't really care who's listening in on me tbh, but I'm sure there's people who have them who would be bothered
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Alexa, find me an assassin to kill the girl next door.
    Maybe just putting  a knife through the ball would be appropriate as a first warning.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

FBI related?

A story I heard a while back from a client of mine and her boyfriend, was that after he collected his son from his ex Mrs' house, they got home and put his sons Alexa on to listen to music or whatever, and they could here his ex Mrs and her boyfriend having a conversation (they also have an Alexa). I don't know anything about them, but that's what they said. 

Something else is that they're always listening, even when you ain't actually talking to them.

It wouldn't bother me personally. I don't really care who's listening in on me tbh, but I'm sure there's people who have them who would be bothered
    they have to listen all the time or they would not hear you say 'hey alexa' or whatever activates it
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Macronate said:

FBI related?

they have to listen all the time or they would not hear you say 'hey alexa' or whatever activates it
    I know, that's my point mate
  • Options
    At least I know someone is listening to me in this house. ;)

• Options

T_C_E said:
    At least I know someone is listening to me in this house. ;)

Pardon?

;)
  • Options
    Is it right that you can change the name from Alexa to whatever you want?
  • Options
    Dave
  • Options
    Dave
    yes mate?
  • Options
    Dave
    yes mate?
    Dave, order me a cheeky Nandos
  • Options
    Dave, stick a bath on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave
    yes mate?
    PRICK A
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Dave
    yes mate?
    PRICK A
    Carry on like that and you'll go back in the box and sent back to Currys PC World, without hesitation 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Anyone who thinks of, scripts or states the word 'housebarrassment'. You utter ninnyhammers - I will never, ever step inside your store again.
  • Options
    People having a dump in the North Upper smoking room.
    It was a steamer.
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Anyone who thinks of, scripts or states the word 'housebarrassment'. You utter ninnyhammers - I will never, ever step inside your store again.
    The concept is ludicrous.

Friends they haven’t seen for a while announce they’re going to visit and because of their ‘housebarrassment’ they have an entire brand new kitchen fitted. May I suggest that you actually look after this new kitchen and clean it once in a while, you soapy tits.
  • Options
    1. Nandos
    2. Nandos
    3. Nandos
    4. Nandos
    5. Nandos
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:
    1. Nandos
    2. Nandos
    3. Nandos
    4. Nandos