Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    People getting the hump with other supporters talking about different scenarios that could happen, once arguably thee worst ownership in the Club's history comes to an end, on - wait for it - the main Club supporters' forum
    Well it is a bit OTT considering the inks not even dry yet, if any ink has been spilt at all!
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    10th floor office with lovely views over London (can see Battersea Power station from my desk, London eye, the river, Parliament, Big Ben over my shoulder on a clear day you can see Wembly Arch). Yet some people insist on shutting all the blinds not only blocking the view but all of the precious little natural light we get at this time of year. WHY!!??!?!?
    Because the sun shines on computer screens meaning you can't read them.

even more reason to keep them open!
    You can’t read CL if you can’t see the screen. 😉
  • Options
    Had a bill come through in September for €877, couldn't afford the full amount at that particular time, so sent a cheque for €477 and a covering letter saying we'd send the balance in October, got an immediate response saying not to send it until we get a request, then send it with attached payment slip. Waited for a while and it has been at the back of my mind ever since but, this is France and these things do take time. Fast forward to last Monday, I open the letter box and find a hand delivered letter from a bailiff, requesting I pay €480 odd, before a block is put on our bank account. I go straight to pc and navigate my way through their horrendous web site to make the payment, I check my emails and no confirmation, so I follow if up and ask if our account with them is now closed and ask for a ref number, no reply. I check bank on Wednesday and the funds have come out, along with €9992.22, with same reference number as original letter. I jump straight in the car and drive to their office 30 odd km away to be told that the money was taken but because my cheque had bounced, they took the €10k, I then tell her I didn't even sent a cheque, it was a debit card payment, and she disappears into another office, comes back 20 minutes later to say that, yes everything is fine, and I'll get the dough back on Friday (I'm thinking she's only just started the transfer process, because I've turned up). Time I get back, the bank is closed so I can't go in to check all is okay . Go in there on Thursday and the manager says she'll look into it. Just picked up a voice mail from late Friday afternoon, saying the Bailiff has now sorted it out, and the funds will be back in our account on Tuesday (French banks don't open on a Monday). Talk about stress, but the only good thing was the feeling you get when you actually prove these w⚓s wrong. I'm also starting a claim to get back the €80 charges so fingers crossed
  • Options
    Had a bill come through in September for €877, couldn't afford the full amount at that particular time, so sent a cheque for €477 and a covering letter saying we'd send the balance in October, got an immediate response saying not to send it until we get a request, then send it with attached payment slip. Waited for a while and it has been at the back of my mind ever since but, this is France and these things do take time. Fast forward to last Monday, I open the letter box and find a hand delivered letter from a bailiff, requesting I pay €480 odd, before a block is put on our bank account. I go straight to pc and navigate my way through their horrendous web site to make the payment, I check my emails and no confirmation, so I follow if up and ask if our account with them is now closed and ask for a ref number, no reply. I check bank on Wednesday and the funds have come out, along with €9992.22, with same reference number as original letter. I jump straight in the car and drive to their office 30 odd km away to be told that the money was taken but because my cheque had bounced, they took the €10k, I then tell her I didn't even sent a cheque, it was a debit card payment, and she disappears into another office, comes back 20 minutes later to say that, yes everything is fine, and I'll get the dough back on Friday (I'm thinking she's only just started the transfer process, because I've turned up). Time I get back, the bank is closed so I can't go in to check all is okay . Go in there on Thursday and the manager says she'll look into it. Just picked up a voice mail from late Friday afternoon, saying the Bailiff has now sorted it out, and the funds will be back in our account on Tuesday (French banks don't open on a Monday). Talk about stress, but the only good thing was the feeling you get when you actually prove these w⚓s wrong. I'm also starting a claim to get back the €80 charges so fingers crossed
    Good for you, do not let them get away with it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    coca cola christmas ad. since the early 90s this advert has become somewhat of a christmas tradition with the song "Holidays are coming"
     so some bright spark marketing prats have gone and thought, "well we got something that has become an institution where our product gets for once some good publicity so i tell you what, lets re edit and ruin the iconic song and make sure it doesn't even sit well with the images." yeah nice idea Sebastian*, you twat. 

* insert your own marketing graduate name whos father plays golf with the Managing director of large faceless company
  • Options
    Think this was Tristram and Tarquin's idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    T_C_E said:
    I’ve been known to play the odd practical joke on my wife over the years however i fear I may have got my comeuppance. I’ve been unwell for over a week now and surfaced from my bed for the first time today, talking about how rough I’d been feeling she informed me my temperature was over a 100. This puzzled me purely because our first aid kit is hardly well stocked, so on my first excursion off the sofa I decided to check it out. Sure enough corn plasters and an eye bandage, returning it to place I look down a shelf to see the dogs first aid kit open with the thermometer sitting strategically on the top, now in case your not aware you don’t take a dogs temperature by popping a thermometer under its tongue. #frightenedtoask
    I've had manflu for a week.
    I've had worse flu, but it's certainly worse than a cold.
    Achy, pains, high temperature, either freezing cold or baking hot, lethargic, still got a sore throat etc.
  • Options

Americans who can’t stop saying the above every other word and now bloody English/Europeans who do the bleeding same.

We’re European not Yanks FFS!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     ;) 
  • Options
    If this was America you would go back tomorrow with an assortment of weapons and waste everyone, fortunately this is England take it on the chin old chap and move on.
  • Options
     ;) 
    Glad someone noticed mate
  • Options

Made a tit of myself (again) at a special assembly at my daughter's school yesterday.

Their topic this term has been WW2 and they've focused on the home front. They had displays and sang songs/dances form the era etc and at the end, they all sang We'll Meet Again.

Could feel myself welling up and thought I'd managed to keep it together. As it finished and we were filing out, her classroom TA (who we're friends with outside school) came up and sked if I was ok and when I picked my daughter up she told me "we could see you crying daddy" and though it was very funny.

I'm a twat.

yup. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Made a tit of myself (again) at a special assembly at my daughter's school yesterday.

Their topic this term has been WW2 and they've focused on the home front. They had displays and sang songs/dances form the era etc and at the end, they all sang We'll Meet Again.

Could feel myself welling up and thought I'd managed to keep it together. As it finished and we were filing out, her classroom TA (who we're friends with outside school) came up and sked if I was ok and when I picked my daughter up she told me "we could see you crying daddy" and though it was very funny.

I'm a twat.

you should have styled it out and told her you were crying because you had just found out the the dog was dead.

I don't do styling out mate. Knowing me, I'd have struggled to think of anything and blurted out "sorry I've just shit my myself"
    Then A would have said, “That’s what ricky Otto said when he was leaving the house the other night when your car pulled up outside”
  • Options

I'm a twat.

you should have styled it out and told her you were crying because you had just found out the the dog was dead.

I don't do styling out mate. Knowing me, I'd have struggled to think of anything and blurted out "sorry I've just shit my myself"
    Then A would have said, “That’s what ricky Otto said when he was leaving the house the other night when your car pulled up outside”

.. on my way back from your mums
  • Options

I'm a twat.

.. on my way back from your mums
    She did say the cocktail sausage man had been there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    “Jolly” music that pretends to be about Christmas.
  • Options
    When you've been driving for 38 years without one single accident or conviction but get a speeding NIP for doing 26mph. No option of a warning or caution like actual criminals get... no, straight to a fine and penalty points or maybe a nice £85 'alternative fine' to go and be patronised on a speed awareness course... fuming.
  • Options
    Losing a day of our holiday waiting for a plumber (who did have a genuine reason for being late, so I'm not having a go at him) at the in-laws. Meanwhile the heating has failed, Dad is in hospital so a stream of phone calls to try and sort it out has amounted to nothing. Can't find the gas homecare documents, so Dad was calling them from hospital - now waiting to hear if he's had any luck.       
  • Options
    Losing a day of our holiday waiting for a plumber (who did have a genuine reason for being late, so I'm not having a go at him) at the in-laws. Meanwhile the heating has failed, Dad is in hospital so a stream of phone calls to try and sort it out has amounted to nothing. Can't find the gas homecare documents, so Dad was calling them from hospital - now waiting to hear if he's had any luck.       
    Bloody Boris ;)

Seriously that is annoying. Hope you get it sorted out. 
  • Options

When you've been driving for 38 years without one single accident or conviction but get a speeding NIP for doing 26mph. No option of a warning or caution like actual criminals get... no, straight to a fine and penalty points or maybe a nice £85 'alternative fine' to go and be patronised on a speed awareness course... fuming.

I got caught doing 2 mph over the 10% leeway speed limit as I was going up to Headingley for the cricket at the end of the summer and absolutely mortified about it. Huffing and puffing got me no where, however, I booked in the course, and did it a couple of weeks ago in Holiday Inn Bexley and I thought it was a brilliant re-education and can't praise the process enough now. 

I've been driving over 20 years and this was my first 'incident' and I felt so frustrated and embarrassed at being caught at such a small amount over the limit. Now, I feel almost privileged to have had the opportunity to go on the course to re-educate myself.  The roads have changed in 20 years, and it was so surprising how the 25 odd people in the room had different opinions about what was right and wrong (in terms of speed, hazards, processes etc). There were some in the room who left with the same attitude as they came in - that the police are jobsworths trying to make money out of 'innocent speeders', but the majority took it on the chin, valued the lesson, and are probably driving around a lot more aware of their surroundings than they were previously. I know I am. Suck it up and do the course. I really think you'll not regret it. 
  • Options

I got caught doing 2 mph over the 10% leeway speed limit as I was going up to Headingley for the cricket at the end of the summer and absolutely mortified about it. Huffing and puffing got me no where, however, I booked in the course, and did it a couple of weeks ago in Holiday Inn Bexley and I thought it was a brilliant re-education and can't praise the process enough now. 

I've been driving over 20 years and this was my first 'incident' and I felt so frustrated and embarrassed at being caught at such a small amount over the limit. Now, I feel almost privileged to have had the opportunity to go on the course to re-educate myself.  The roads have changed in 20 years, and it was so surprising how the 25 odd people in the room had different opinions about what was right and wrong (in terms of speed, hazards, processes etc). There were some in the room who left with the same attitude as they came in - that the police are jobsworths trying to make money out of 'innocent speeders', but the majority took it on the chin, valued the lesson, and are probably driving around a lot more aware of their surroundings than they were previously. I know I am. Suck it up and do the course. I really think you'll not regret it. 
    I did the same course, it’s worth it. I was surprised how useful it proved to be. 
  • Options
    The Buffoon in No.10.
  • Options
    Divs protesting up Whitehall. Get over it ffs
  • Options
    Divs protesting up Whitehall. Get over it ffs
    You really don’t understand politics do you. It never stops and your foes are always around.