Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Golf Society - 22nd August

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]one thing always puzzles me as why cray valley as opposed to Ruxley.Ruxley is a far superior course than crap valley ? Yet many more people play crap valley?[/quote]

seconded

(but I still prefer Birchwood as I have at least played that 5 times and know my way around it)
  • Options
    both cray and ruxley have as far as i can remember carried a 'bad course' stigma about them.
    neither are tough courses and neither really has what could be called a signature hole.
    they are what they are. short public courses that are pretty relaxed (within reason) on dress code etc, hence ideal for beginners and high handicap golfers.
    i have been going to cray for the last couple of months early on a friday. as afka said the condition of the course is the best i can remember it and, imo at £10 before 7:30 is good value.
    there are some fantastic courses within an hours drive, but for the c/life golf day i think cray is probably about right.
  • Options
    i ask the question again then why not Ruxley? The 9th is a great hole all down hill to a good green.The greens at ruxley have always been better than Cray and the last 4 holes at Ruxley are as good a test as as the last 4 holes at any course within a hour.It really puzzles me why people choose Cray Valley over Ruxley? I am not questioning the Charlton Life day but in general why people choose cray?
  • Options
    probably because you are always at Ruxley moaning
  • Options
    Can everyone who is going please let me have their handicap please.
  • Options
    feck off and moderate
  • Options
    nss
    i take your point about the last 4 holes at ruxley being a test.
    today when i finished, cray car park was full and ruxley empty. yet 2 years ago when cray was a bit ropey, i was playing ruxley every week and the roles were reversed.
    i don't know when the last time you played cray, but the greens now are in really good nick.

anyway, enough of highjacking the 'day out' thread.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsys Up[/cite]Can everyone who is going please let me have their handicap please.

have only played to my handicap once in the last 14 months, but am still happy to use it. 26 14.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i ask the question again then why not Ruxley? The 9th is a great hole all down hill to a good green.The greens at ruxley have always been better than Cray and the last 4 holes at Ruxley are as good a test as as the last 4 holes at any course within a hour.It really puzzles me why people choose Cray Valley over Ruxley? I am not questioning the Charlton Life day but in general why people choose cray?

I disagree with your views on the green situation, but I see your point. This is the same argument about what date and what time we are playing and who can and who can't make it. People do have preferred courses and Ruxley is yours.
  • Options
    cray valley is ok,but i would prefer birchwood or darenth valley.last year's event was at chelsfield lakes. 18 handicap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]cray valley is ok,but i would prefer birchwood or darenth valley.last year's event was at chelsfield lakes. 18 handicap.

I was not aware that we did one last year.....who won it?
  • Options
    Ruxley IMo is boring on the back 9. Cray Valleys green are in brilliant nick at the moment.

Hillsy, I went round in 105 or something with you, I must be 28 h/c now surely?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Ruxley IMo is boring on the back 9. Cray Valleys green are in brilliant nick at the moment.

Hillsy, I went round in 105 or something with you, I must be 28 h/c now surely?

24 you bandit.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Hillsys Up[/cite]Can everyone who is going please let me have their handicap please.[/quote]

I am genuinely a 28 or 24 (whichever you guys go up to)

Only ever broken a hundred a few times - one of which was at Birchwood. Have I mentioned what a lovely course Birchwood is.........
  • Options
    Birchwood is indeed a very fine course.
  • Options
    while we are collecting numbers it may be easier and keep for a cleaner thread if those who can't make it start another thread on courses etc, ta.
  • Options
    24 and gonna be rusty
  • Options
    28 handicap for me, unbelievable as it as may seem ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]28 handicap for me, unbelievable as it as may seem ;-)

Use your cricket bat and I will bring my palm wedge!
  • Options
    whats the worst there is Hillsy as that would sum me up

i went from smashing Tee shots yesterday to just about knocking them 10ft in front of me average of 3 putts on the green

yep i was poop
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Righteo - Hillsys - is it a defo for the 22nd August? and at the Cray?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KieranBrown[/cite]Righteo - Hillsys - is it a defo for the 22nd August? and at the Cray?

Locked on for 22nd 100%. I still have an option at 2 other courses.
  • Options
    Hillsy

Did I get your address correct with the information posted?
  • Options
    I did mate thanks. Emailing details for you now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]Hillsy

Did I get your address correct with the information posted?

Bro if i balance you the dosh could you bring hillsy my money too??
  • Options
    Anyone played Pedham in Swanley? My mate played there in a society day and said it was lovely...just a thought
  • Options
    Up North Calling!

The Lass & I are both v.bad golfers and we would like to come down and meet you lot, play golf and then go to the Reading match on Saturday. However first have to see if the Lass can get the day off, if our Spud supporting relatives in Rochester can put us up and if Rick will give us 2 seats on a Rickshaw! - so a bit to arrange - so can you provisionally book us in and I'll get back to you in a week. By the way we don't mind what course it is as it must flatter than what what we have up here as they are all on the side of mountains!
    Can girls play, sorry I shall rephrase are girls allowed to play?

R
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Anyone played Pedham in Swanley? My mate played there in a society day and said it was lovely...just a thought

played there twice this year. Very nice but too hard for some on this society day. i think you can organise the next one
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Up North Calling!

The Lass & I are both v.bad golfers and we would like to come down and meet you lot, play golf and then go to the Reading match on Saturday. However first have to see if the Lass can get the day off, if our Spud supporting relatives in Rochester can put us up and if Rick will give us 2 seats on a Rickshaw! - so a bit to arrange - so can you provisionally book us in and I'll get back to you in a week. By the way we don't mind what course it is as it must flatter than what what we have up here as they are all on the side of mountains!
    Can girls play, sorry I shall rephrase are girls allowed to play?

R

Yep all are welcome. I'll put you down as Mr & Mrs lancashire Lad......
  • Options
    Up dated list....

Hillsy & Guest Golfer (CAFC Related)
    Nrth London Addick
    Swisdom
    CAFCBourne
    Blackheath Addick
    AFKA
    PBS
    MCS
    Threadkiller
    Dave Storry