Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Golf Society - 22nd August

Comments

• Options
    do you know what - i've never hit a ball in anger so does that mean I am excluded - or can I play.
  • Options
    Definately interested AFKA. I can even get trophies sorted if you want. Still have the connections from my trophy business days so can get them at trade price.
    Course with no hills would be good for us big fellas ;-)
  • Options
    Shooters Hill it is then ;-)

Do they do Buggies?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bc_addick[/cite]Definately interested AFKA. I can even get trophies sorted if you want. Still have the connections from my trophy business days so can get them at trade price.
    Course with no hills would be good for us big fellas ;-)

i have started doing trophies bc with my sports business,gotta say i find it very frustrating,a lot of work for not a lot of profit.You have to give minimum 25% discount plus free engraving to big clubs just to get there business.I wish i had never started doing them.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Shooters Hill it is then ;-)

Do they do Buggies?[/quote]

They have one hole on that course that known by some members as "Heart Attack Hill" and one thing I`ve notice since I started playing that course as a guest I might add (Fees to much me) I have never seen the flag at the top of the flagpole, its always at "Half Mast"
  • Options
    I'll play
  • Options
    Always the way with the clubs North Stand Steve. Free engraving and 25-30% discount for them is the norm I'm afraid. I don't do the trophies anymre shut the business down about 10 yeras ago. just use an old supplier now and then for things like this golf day and they let me have them at trade price.

By the way BDL Shooters Hill is ok ( with a buggy ) :-)
  • Options
    I'll come for the beer but no way on earth i'm shanking golf balls about the place, my nan with no arms is better than me!
  • Options
    AFKA - any news yet?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]AFKA - any news yet?

No, i'm sorry. Just simply overrun at the mo.

Well get something defintive announced the week after next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good man that gives me some good recovery time here i reckon i might not be able to do all 18 holes but can we try somewhere with a buggy or i will be bolloxd no way be able to walk it all
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited April 2008
    Just off round to the local 9 hole to practice - If I get round in less than 7 I'll be happy!! I won't be happy if my son beats me!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I am going to Try top golf next week and see what restrictions i have and then decide how long till i can swing aa golf club properly again wife just informed me playing golf this soon is i wont repeat it but it ended in stupid and included expletives and when will boys grow up
  • Options
    Went round St Andrews at the weekend in 10 over.....

.........on my Wii
  • Options
    Count me in Smudge
  • Options
    I'm not happy! Little git!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Shooters Hill it is then ;-)

Do they do Buggies?

They have one hole on that course that known by some members as "Heart Attack Hill" and one thing I`ve notice since I started playing that course as a guest I might add (Fees to much me) I have never seen the flag at the top of the flagpole, its always at "Half Mast"

I used to play there as a Junior Member and believe it or not on some days during the summer hols we'd play 3 rounds a day!!
  • Options
    Afternoon Dan
  • Options
    Afternoon NLA.
  • Options
    put me in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this golf day malarky going ahead? I'd be up for the 19th hole :)
  • Options
    Don't know if you've made a decision regarding what course to play, i'd suggest Chelsfield if location is to much hassles for everyone. Not the longest course, pretty straight forward, is in v.good nick and apart from the small walk to the 5th tee and the short up hill on the 8th it's all downhill or on a flat.
  • Options
    did we ever do this?
  • Options
    no,

i'll bring it up at the drinks tonight, and hopefully we'll get a date agreed within the next week.
  • Options
    lullingstone is always good for a golf day.. although its quite a long course..
    count me in
  • Options
    Right then you ugly lot. I will be organising the 1st ever Charlton Life Golf Day with some help from PBS. This is the original cast that showed some interest.

AFKA
    PBS
    NLA
    NSS
    WSS
    Dave Storry
    Brunello
    CAFCBourne
    Solidgone
    Oohaah
    Charlton Charlie
    Golf Addick ?? (He has to come with that name !)
    Raddickle
    Dippenhall
    Eltham Addick
    TCE
    Luva Luva
    palcafc
    BDL
    Kap10
    Dave Mehmet
    DJ Davey
    Killers Beard
    Swisdom
    Hillsy Up
    Red Murph
    Kieran Brown
    MCS
    Cedric Winkleburger
    Guinness Addick

I'm not going to be able to suit everyone in terms of dates and times so I will say sorry now and then tell you to get over it. Location likely to be either Cray Valley, Birchwood or Chelsfield Lakes. Date likely to be Friday 22nd August. There will be prizes for Longest Drive, nearest pin, overall winner and the wooden spoon. The 18 holes will also include bacon rolls and coffee,a golfers lunch of ham,egg and chips. I would ask that if you are 100% committed to coming please arrange a cheque to be sent to me for £15 to secure your place or feel free to drop the cash in. Please send your cheques made payable to Mr D Hill, 20 Amberley Rd, London, SE20SF. For those who know me and with all due respect to some, contact me and I'll let you have my bank details so you can BACS it. Make sure you tell me your "life handle" as well so I know who to mark off. The total cost is likely to be around £30-£35.
  • Options
    Cheers Hillsy,

Have stickied it. Would new people be able to enter if they wanted or is there a limit on places?

Also, is there a cut off date for deposits?
  • Options
    probably a limit of 60 is best, makes it easier to manage. It's a tricky one about deposits. I'd say 2nd week of Aug.
  • Options
    topman hillsy, i will look forward to this
  • Options
    If that date is 100% certain, I unfortunately will not be there I`ll be playing up the road at Dartford G.C. with our society :-(