Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Golf Society - 22nd August

Details on how to secure you place here:

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=15633&page=2#Item_37

Have been talking to PBS recently and we are keen to get a Charlton Life Golf Society up and running. The whole idea is that it is not too serious, and no real commitment, just a way of getting fellow fans together occasionally for a game of golf and a beer, and get to meet new people. Initial plans are to try and arrange 2-3 events a year, though it would all depend once up and running on what the members actually wanted etc.

Obviously you will need to have hacked you’re way around a golf course previously, but certainly no requirement to be a Tiger Woods in the making (I normally go round in about 100 if that is an indicator).

Not looking for any commitment now, no date or course has been arranged for the first one (though we’re provisionally looking at sometime late May – early June for the first one, somewhere south-east / north kent), this message is purely to see if there are any legs in it, and what sort of provisional numbers we can plan events on potential interest.

So if this is something you may be interested in, please pipe up and reply. Cheers

Comments

• Options
    I would be up for it but seeing as i have only just started playing Golf wouldnt mind coming along getting some tips off anyone who is half decent I would Caddy for free if this helps if not a fiver a hole would suffice
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    As i said NLA, its not serious. If you can hit a ball, you can play. Simple as that really. Maybe, once we find out who is interested, we can try and match up so that people play in a group of similar ability at first, if that appeals.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    I've only ever been on the driving range and get hit a ball nearly every time! Same boat as nla really.

Got some clubs and everything but would be up for it yes if i got some more practice in!
  • Options
    i would be but on holiday end of may so would have to give the first one a miss.
  • Options
    game on

You should try to organise a "top Golf tournament"

Dont know if any of you have played Top Golf in Epping Its like a driving range but the balls are all chipped and they get alloctated to yourselves via your membership card and then you have to try to hit them into targets at various distances and angles, you get more points the closest to the flag.

Cracking way to spend an afternoon with pals whilst having a beer and even if you are shite it really helps your technique and range.

Blinding afternoon
  • Options
    Interested
  • Options
    Would love to join you guys. Presumably women arent allowed?
  • Options
    he's on his hols at the mo but I'm sure Golfie will be up for it. Time some of you discovered the miserable sod behind his rantings.
  • Options
    Yes interested
  • Options
    yeah i'd give it a go and i'm (s)hit and miss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interested.
  • Options
    Interested, but am rubbish...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Would love to join you guys. Presumably women arent allowed?

course we are. who else would make the tea once you've had a hard day on the course?
  • Options
    ill open the beer bottles.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So far:

AFKA
    PBS
    NLA
    NSS
    WSS
    Dave Storry
    Brunello
    CAFCBourne
    Solidgone
    Oohaah
    Charlton Charlie
    Golf Addick ?? (He has to come with that name !)
    Raddickle
    Dippenhall
    Eltham Addick
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Would love to join you guys. Presumably women arent allowed?

course we are. who else would make the tea once you've had a hard day on the course?

Good point, well made

[cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ill open the beer bottles.

What with????????????
  • Options
    I've never met any of you but I would definitely be interested and I'd like to put some faces to names. And I'm sure the fella I sit next to in the North stand would as well as I know he likes his golf.
  • Options
    My teeth brunello. of course.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I think it best I give this one a miss, I'm rubbish even on a driving range! The word "shank" is often shouted post erratic swing!

But if anyone plays Table Tennis thats a different kettle of fish entirely!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    oh god no
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If 100 is the standard I'm in (presume that's for a 9 hole game)
  • Options
    yep - interested
  • Options
    I thought the hundred was how many times you swing at a ball b4 you hit it
  • Options
    Yep and me, Luva Luva would be interested but watch him he`ll tell you he`s a 28 handicap but plays to a 6 !!
    just a suggestion why not put all the guys or girls who have played in to draw and pair them up with those who dont.
  • Options
    Went round St Andrews in 76.

& two years later in 78. ;-)
  • Options
    I can score over 100 so count me in
  • Options
    I'm crap, so I should be worth a laugh! Count me in.
  • Options
    could be fun
    yes
  • Options
    Shootershill G.C. could be available to a society, but I know for sure its only available thursdays.
  • Options
    shooters hills a good shout tce.

count me in but i reckon i'd easily be the worst, cant even hit the ball off of the floor me, just trickles 50 yards at a time so i just trot to my ball so's not to hold up anyone you no!? Strange really cos i have played many a round and spent untold hours on the birchwood 9 and driving range in my early driving days, and plenty other courses too, i am just totally awful, but in my mind i could play off 16!!

But as i say i wouldnt turn down a golf society, been to a few and its really a great day aint it, the beer part obviously is of importance tho.

Reckon morts genius would be up for this, i shall ask .