Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just Got Back from the Hawthorns

13»

Comments

• Options
    what a pedant eh?
  • Options
    This Ambrose love in is quite amusing.

There are plenty of games where he does sod all and he gets subbed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]good pictures wss, maybe ambrose can't get as excited when Charlton score against nobody f.c in the chumpionship as he did when we were in the premiership ... he has a point...

He was probably just disappointed to see that the away team had brought more fans to the Valley than the number of Charlton fans that went to the reverse fixture. I know that win, lose or draw, that ruins my day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]I think you are trying to dig yourself out of a hole by being pendantic.
    Actually the word ispedantic.
    ;-)

Made me laugh .......being pedantic about the word pedantic. Nice one, Salad! ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]we all see players and games differently, its what makes football so bloody debatable !!

yep
    ambrose, aged 23 england u21 honours, midfielder. this year 4 goals in 17 starts.
    sam, aged 23 england u20 capped, midfielder. this year 2 goals in 21 starts.

imo people have taken to sam because he is home grown, where as ambrose cost us money.
  • Options
    very good point PBS, same applies with Dickson/McLeod maybe?

do we see Dickson as "one of us" (even though he strictly wasn't, but he definitely has that unfancied, underdog quality to him) and McLeod the expensive flop that because he cost 1.5m will be battered after one poor game
  • Options
    And Ambrose made his debut playing for Ipswich against Arsenal in April 2002.

And Sam................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]good pictures wss, maybe ambrose can't get as excited when Charlton score against nobody f.c in the chumpionship as he did when we were in the premiership ... he has a point...

He was probably just disappointed to see that the away team had brought more fans to the Valley than the number of Charlton fans that went to the reverse fixture. I know that win, lose or draw, that ruins my day.

LOL i think you're being pendantical PITL ;-)
  • Options
    Ambrose best position is just behind the front two, preferably in a 4-5-1.

All of the managers we have had have tended to play him wide, where he isnt as effective.

Still think he is a cut above this division on his day, he just doesnt have his day as often as he should.
  • Options
    agree wholeheartedly Southend, especially on the positional point, in my mind the guy is never a winger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My take on Ambrose is that he's not a winger and he's not a central midfielder. He's a forward which is why he looked a totally different player when he played off Big Chris v Ispwich.

He is skillfull, sees a pass and has the ability to deliver a pass and get his shots on target more often than not. Some of the goals he has scored have been sublime. But he's not fast and he's not that strong so can't play up front on his own.

If you are going to play him then IMHO it has to be behind (no homophobic references please) Big Chris or even SuperMac. That's how he played with D. Bent in the England U21s.
  • Options
    so what you're saying Henry is that Darren likes to play with big fellas from behind?
  • Options
    On his website/blog he describes himself as an attacking midfielder.

Wikipedia's Newcastle page on him has him as a winger.

At least Henry has clarified the position. He is a forward.

Thank goodness I was getting confused for a while.
  • Options
    Phew! So was Ambrose.........
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]so what you're saying Henry is that Darren likes to play with big fellas from behind?[/quote]

Please refer to website

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Equality/Homophobia/
  • Options
    Oh my god, they say this:

- Work to ensure every back door is open for members of the gay and lesbian communities to participate and progress within football.
  • Options
    I still dont like him.

Yes I thought he did ok against Blackpool but i wouldnt credit him with 4 assists
    2 yes 4 no.

He can at times be a lazy poncey little twat.

He has no desire in more games than can be remembered and for a player who is so talented when he wants too this league should be a piece of piss for him,

however he chooses when he will show up.

maybe some of us can not get over those games and that seriously detracts from anything good he does. The diffrence being i only really hear him being slated on here and other sites i have not heard him booed or given too much grief and when he does turn up he is given the credit he deserves.

personally i dont like him might be a really nice fella but to me he is a knob
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    He can at times be a lazy poncey little twat.

personally i dont like him might be a really nice fella but to me he is a knob

Sounds like you're as confused as he is, what's it to be a 'knob' or a 'twat'?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Ambrose best position is just behind the front two, preferably in a 4-5-1.

All of the managers we have had have tended to play him wide, where he isnt as effective.

Still think he is a cut above this division on his day, he just doesnt have his day as often as he should.[/quote]

Spot on. That's the two key points with Ambrose.
    1. His best position is in the free role off a striker like he played at home to Ipswich when he was the best player on the pitch.
    2. Even if he's not always playing in his best position, he should more be more consistent,, especially in this division where he is a cut above most of the players he comes up against
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Ambrose best position is just behind the front two, preferably in a 4-5-1.

Still think he is a cut above this division on his day, he just doesnt have his day as often as he should.

How do you play behind a front 2 in a 4-5-1? ;o)

Agree with you though, he's not a winger. The problem is ZZ plays the same sort of role and so it will always be difficult for Ambrose to get in the position that suits him best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ambrose the enigma?

He was awful last night with the exception of being in the right place for the goal.

His corners were poor, his crossing was poor, his work rate was poor, he seemed to be quite happy watching the game move around him and he is no left winger. I really don't think he even wanted to be on the pitch at The Hawthorns last night - perhaps he just doesn't like playing in the rain.

The only time I think he's been really involved in a match this season was the Ippo game where he filled 'in the hole'. And that's exactly where he should play if he gets on the pitch. He has no chance being in the starting 11 when Reidy's back.
  • Options
    maybe him being a hermathradite explains his moods one day a geezer who just wants to play football and does and then for the rest of the month a moaning woman ( no offence Ladies)who cant be arsed and stops her man going to football
  • Options
    No asissts yesterday, and just a single goal.
    No doubt he will deserve the slating that is inevitable coming his way form some on here ....
  • Options
    Complimented him on another thread.