Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Colchester - Match thread (Jan 2008)

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Usual thread for all the team news and updates.

Pards seems happy to be welcoming back Ambrose today. Not sure i'm so pleased.

Comments

• Ambrose hasn't been fit with a groin strain since that Ipswich match.

Let's hope that he's properly ready today and not just injected with painkiller to get him through 55 minutes.
  • The teams:

Charlton: Weaver; Bougherra, Powell, Fortune, McCarthy; Sam, Semedo, Holland, Zheng, J Thomas; Iwelumo.

Subs: Randolph, Moutaouakil, Ambrose, Varney, McLeod.

Colchester: Gerken, White, Elokobi, Virgo, Baldwin; Yeates, Jackson, Guttridge, McLeod; Platt, Lisbie.

Subs: Cousins, Balogh, Guy, Izzet, Sheringham.

Referee: C Penton
  • Would have really liked to see 442 today. A must win match.
  • Looking at the midfield with Sam & Thomas wide, ZZ is evidently pushed forward to play off Big Chris.

I feel more comfortable with Magic at rightback rather than in the centre.

Ambrose on the bench means he's not properly fit then - Pards was really hoping to play him.

This seems more an attacking 4-3-3 formation than 4-5-1.
    Let's hope it does the business.
  • I see SuperKev starts then.

I hope he gets a good round of applause from the Valley crowd and that otherwise he's ineffective....(!)

Also ex-Charlton Kemmy Izzet is on the bench for them along with their resident OAP.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Would have really liked to see 442 today. A must win match.

No pressure then! But I agree after some poor performances recently we need three points and a strong showing. There are two strikers on the bench and both Ambrose and Moo2 are attacking players so I suspect we'll get 4-4-2 at some stage. If we are to get promoted then this is the sort of match that has home banker written all over it.
  • I know we're short due to suspensions/ injuries but would love to see a bit more imagination from Pards at times like this. 451/ 433 was working well at times with Reidy pulling the strings. I don't believe it works as well with Holland/ ZZ at the heart of it. And we've become so one dimensional lately with the hoof up to Big Chris. Colchester will know exactly what to expect from us, and are likely to be well-prepared. Disappointed there's no Dickson on the bench, but did someone say he's injured?

Come on lads, please prove me wrong!
  • Dickson must be really happy he's not out on loan anymore.
  • [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]Dickson must be really happy he's not out on loan anymore.

Exactly - how to ruin his confidence without even playing him!
  • Sonko's just been sent off for Reading, so definitely don't think we'll see Sodje featuring for the Addicks again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cardiff have beaten Plymouth 1-0, so that's one result going our way and perhaps further proof that this looks an open league. Cardiff are now within sight of a play-off place.
  • According to BBC text commentary, so far Lisbie has fouled Semedo, Powell and Fortune and been fouled by Fortune. Clearly keen to make his mark!
  • Lisbie scored pen.
  • Brought down by McCarthy (booked)
  • If we lose today, I am seriously going to start a Pardew Out thread.
  • anyone found a commentary, am unable to make it today
  • Don't suppose that there's any way of listening to this?
  • Lisbie scores. How predictable. Hope he has a blinder today, so long as we get the win
  • Very predictable indeed. Not sure I want to listen to be honest....
  • Agreed, Chicago. I'm off to watch a DVD.
  • Sponsored links:

• The BBC says we have 75% of the possession.
  • Unfortunately Colchester have 100% of the goals.
  • Pards is getting the Curbs disease, never tries anything different. No Racon no Dickson, this team needs an injection of new blood ASAP
  • 2 for Lisbie now. Will he get his 2nd hat-trick at The Valley?
  • [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]Unfortunately Colchester have 100% of the goals.

So far...
  • Pardew's doing the Curbishley... why did he recall Chris Dickson anyway?
  • It was so obvious this was going to happen, why the hell didnt I stick a bet on!
  • That should finally shut up the Lisbie is shit boo boys then!
  • Aren't we winning 5-0 yet?

Good job Lisbie is crap.
  • [cite]Posted By: Frank Butcher[/cite]It was so obvious this was going to happen, why the hell didnt I stick a bet on!
    I was going to but simply forgot - d'oh!