Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Some bad news.... [RIP The Boat]

Comments

• I'd imagine it will be for Meningitus Research.
  • Can you confirm this PH, Afka said he'll organise something, my view is that a small wreath and the rest of the contributions as a charitable donation?

I'm happy to collect from those doing the flag on Saturday if they want to contribute.

Weird one this, never met the guy yet we both were on the wolves away thread just last saturday and this news has really upset me.
  • that was my plan, small wreath and the rest to a Meningitus charity.
  • Totally tragic, especially for one so young.

My thoughts are with the family.
  • shocking news, ,my thoughts are with his family.
  • [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]Weird one this, never met the guy yet we both were on the wolves away thread just last saturday and this news has really upset me.

Feel the same mate. Never met him yet felt I knew him
  • He was obviously one of us,for all our differences of opinion he shared the same love for Charlton and this site.Feel quite empty today.
  • I also got some news yesterday about a guy who I was an usher for at his wedding, who past away on Tuesday from a heart condition at the age of 31, leaving 2 kids aged 2 and 5.

Bit of a shit day yesterday
  • Very sorry to hear your news, Rothko, and thoughts with ct_addick's mum.

Awfully sad re The Boat - so sudden and so young. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2007
    I will confirm it once im back home on Friday and have spoken to some people.

Will be in contact with afka or anyone who sorts it on Saturday.

Cheers
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I also got some news yesterday about a guy who I was an usher for at his wedding, who past away on Tuesday from a heart condition at the age of 31, leaving 2 kids aged 2 and 5.

Bit of a shit day yesterday

Sorry to hear that and about CT addicks' mum. I hope she comes thru it all as strong as possible, CT.
  • edited October 2007
    RIP The Boat.

I remember some of his posts on here and he always came across very well, even more so for one so young. Very sad news.
  • A 33 year old I knew died from a heart attack yesterday.

Now another young life taken away.

RIP
  • gob-smacked. Bless you mate.
  • Very sad news. RIP
  • where can imeet you afka to give you some money towards a the donation.whisper me please,rest in peace and god bless your family.
  • R.I.P My thoughts are with your friends and family right now
  • Unbelievable, so sad.

RIP The Boat.
  • Only a few months older than me. Puts things into perspective.

R.I.P.
  • Sponsored links:

• only just having read this post I'd just like to add mine and Mrs Large condolances and would be more than happy to make a donation to the charity of his families choice. RIP The Boat.
  • Yeah i would most certanly like to make a donation to the charity.

Terrible news, same age as me , so long to go

But yeh anyone know where the meeting place will be to give some money, or what pub they will be in to receive a donation?

A whisper or a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.
  • edited October 2007
    Bexleyheath, please see the bottom of the article linked below:

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=143
  • edited October 2007
    Sorry afka just read your decent article right after i posted.

I will be there with the donation.

Need any help with collections etc?
  • Cheers mate, Don't need any help really, will have a collection bag and will jot down everyone's names, but please stop. If you want to go round a few of your mates before, or on the concourse at half time, and put it in with ours, more than welcome. I#ll just take out for the flowers and put whatever is left online. Likely to set up a just giving page as i think Meningitus UK is linked to that.
  • I'll also get someone else to check whats in the bag on Sat, just so there is more than one person involved with money.
  • Looks like its in very capable hands mate.

Great to see in a situation like this everyone together as one.

Just a shame it takes a tragic incident like this to do so, most of the time at Charlton just seems that every different group is against each other.
  • Sad news. RIP.
    Life is cruel.
    My dad passed away today 17 years ago today at 57 from lung cancer.
    I never sing "I'm Charlton till I die" as I think its tempting fate.
  • RIP young lad
  • RIP The Boat.

Terrible terrible news. As has already been said it really puts things into perspective - shocking that any of our 'Charltonlife' community should pass so suddenly let alone one so young.