Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The week that was - 15th Oct 1977. Charlton 4 Spurs 1

13»

Comments

• I am in that picture as well.

I went to the away game at WHL. Kicked off there as well at half time.

Happy to make it home alive. ;-)
  • Pedro45 said:

I was there, on the east terrace, and can just see me in the pic!

My over-riding memory is of the match report in the paper the next day, which said that in the first half Peter Taylor was running down the wing so fast that he might end up on the A2!

If I remember correctly, McAuley scored from a long throw, but it was disallowed for offside, then he scored again in almost exactly the same manner seconds later but onside this time. Flash's hat-trick was beautiful!

I can barely remember Flanno's 3, but I recall McAuley's clearly. Keith Peacock broke down the right, put in a low cross. Abrahams missed it at the near post, as it travelled across the box, Macca came in from the other wing and side-footed it back across and in.
  • Found the pic at last! 30.000 my arse? How many in this pic alone?

The same in 68/69 against palarse in the cup except the East was even more packed than that & the south which at the time was as high as the east was just the same. The Covered End was a dangerous (but fun) place as every attack brought a surge forward resulting in many people being crushed by falling bodies. Luckily none too seriously i think. The West stand had it's normal 2000 :-) & still they announced it as 30/31000.
  • Was on my old mans shoulders somewhere on the east terrace, great day and still remember it.
  • Was on the east terrace near the covered end.Had a Spud supporting mate with me. We both said that whoever wins can only take the piss out of the other if the winners score five goals. So close!
    It had extra flavour as,I remember, cos Flash had been released by spuds as a kid.
  • Was on the east terrace near the covered end.Had a Spud supporting mate with me. We both said that whoever wins can only take the piss out of the other if the winners score five goals. So close!
    It had extra flavour as,I remember, cos Flash had been released by spuds as a kid.

Yes, remember the Spurs fans singing "who are ya?" at him at the start. They knew by the end!