Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kokomo and new music - What have you been listening to?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Friday night too mate, think its around that date !!
    Afternoon sesh sounds like a plan, will get in touch nearer the time mate
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Schweet, I predict a messy day out

Have you two heard The Enemy album?
  • Options
    Bought Ian Brown's new album and The Twang album yesterday.

I love Ian Brown but heard his latest album is getting a bit more hip hop, anti war/politics/religion zzzzz.
  • Options
    I'm off to see a band called, Unkle Bob, tomorrow night at the Water Rats, friends of mine bang on and on about them, so I'm seeing what their like
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]

Have you two heard The Enemy album?

Yes mate, I like it as well but prefer the Twang for some reason. Not a lot in it though
  • Options
    Twang's album is very good but too many lyrics that sound like 'it's getting late im in a state' in it.

The Enemy's album is quality imo, also bought Reverend and the Makers album which is nothing special imo, although got a few really good songs on there.
  • Options
    I am currently into the new platters by Iron & Wine, The Super Furries and a bit of a no brainer in reggae for beginners aka Riot Radio Broadcast which has been compiled by The Dead 60s'
  • Options
    I have no idea what anyone is going on about in this thread.....does Take That count ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I am currently into the new platters by Iron & Wine, The Super Furries and a bit of a no brainer in reggae for beginners akaRiot Radio Broadcastwhich has been compiled by The Dead 60s'

Going to see the Super Furries. In Cork in October and at the Roundhouse, Camden in November.
    Love the album, can't wait!!!
  • Options
    SFA are one of my all time favourite live bands, i hope they come over here and play Vancouver

i also saw Wilco a few weeks ago in Calgary - Sky Blue Sky will make it into my end of year top 10 LPs
  • Options
    Going to see SFA at Roundhouse too - favourite live band !

Is the new album any good, or rather is it any different from the other albums?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Going to see SFA at Roundhouse too - favourite live band !

mellower
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Going to see SFA at Roundhouse too - favourite live band !

mellower

I like it. there is a song thats really short. I like that one. don't know the names of any of them!!
  • Options
    Listening to the Twang album - don't like it. Going to get deleted.
  • Options
    Listening to
    The Envy Corps,Dirty Pretty Things,The Horrors,and The Rumble Strips.
  • Options
    keep listening to Secret Machines at the mo, not exactly new though. The Sunshine Underground and Goodbooks i'd also recommend to people
  • Options
    old fogey that I am.......

I've been listening to Physical Grafitti in anticipation of getting my Zeppelin reunion tickets :)
  • Options
    Have you two heard The Enemy album?[/quote]

Yes mate another good one!!
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Bought Ian Brown's new album and The Twang album yesterday.

I love Ian Brown but heard his latest album is getting a bit more hip hop, anti war/politics/religion zzzzz.

Me too mate, think it will be a grower, i am off to see him twice in November. Top night out, especialy when he lets rip with a few roses numbers
  • Options
    Don't know a single one of the bands or songs mentioned in this thread but i do know, as i have been embarrissingly reminded,that i was singing along out loud as my ipod blasted out to Colour Me Badd 'I wanna sex you up' whilst half asleep on the train late last night......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Don't know a single one of the bands or songs mentioned in this thread but i do know, as i have been embarrissingly reminded,that i was singing along out loud as my ipod blasted out to Colour Me Badd 'I wanna sex you up' whilst half asleep on the train late last night......

I am with you Smudge re all this Band stuff, never heard of anyone of em, think I prefer your taste in music Colour Me Badd rock :-)
  • Options
    ooooh some guy from Colour Me Badd is re joining a band or something I read the other day. Its old ex boy band members or something.

I have the album on cassette! I remember girls singing it (I would say people but I think Danny is the minority) tick tock to the rock get up stop stop but not really knowing what was being said/sung :-) hehe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i always sung it as 'do the hard tick tock, you don't stop stop'
  • Options
    Aren't you lot a bit too middle-aged to be in to the New Young Pony Club and CSS and the like? What's wrong with Phil Collins? Stick to your own!
  • Options
    I've got a good ten years to go yet before I hit middle age.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Aren't you lot a bit too middle-aged to be in to the New Young Pony Club and CSS and the like? What's wrong with Phil Collins? Stick to your own!
    saw nypc this week and have to say you're right, I was the wrong side of 20! They were great though.

P**l Co***ns is shit ....... aaaaaahh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]I've got a good ten years to go yet before I hit middle age.
    I'm ten years from middle-age too.
    Been there, done it!
  • Options
    what age is middle age??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i always sung it as 'do the hard tick tock, you don't stop stop'

and who am I to argue! you sound like you know your stuff :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]what age is middle age??

commonly dated from the fall of the Western Roman Empire in the 5th century to the beginning of the Renaissance in the 15th century.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

commonly dated from the fall of the Western Roman Empire in the 5th century to the beginning of the Renaissance in the 15th century.

Someone has logged on using AFKA's password. Admin, do something.

Middle age is taking one listen to the Twang album, deleting it and downloading a Nick Lowe album (the Convincer) instead after hearing some great tracks on the Robert Elms "Music for Grown ups" show.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

did you google or wikipedia that? :-)