Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kokomo and new music - What have you been listening to?

What's good and new out and worth download for free?

And do any seventies soul boys have the first Kokomo LP on CD/Digital or know where I can download it. Nothing on soulseek or iTunes

Comments

• I've been listening to loads of dance music, so Digitalism, Simian Mobile Disco, Justice, LCD Soundsystem and the Chemical Brothers are the tunes of choice
  • Does it have a tune? Got to have a tune as I can't listen to very fast jazz.
  • I haven't listened to any new music for ages :-(
  • They all have tunes, just different tunes.

The Justice album is everything Daft Punk would love to be.
  • edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I haven't listened to any new music for ages :-(

Not surprised with all those old fogey's you must get coming in your office at your new job.

I did listen to the new KT Tunstall album. Good but a bit Radio 2.
  • The LCD Soundsystem album Sound of Silver is excellent!
  • Not brand spanking new but The Twang are sublime (good word Henners) and have earnt themselves a booking to be seen live by young Carter.
  • Well I can get away with humming the maccabees every now and then. Great album.
  • Ok, The sublime Twang and LCD it is for next week.#

No one help with Kokomo? Blue eyed soul ala Average White Band but haven't listened to them for decades. Badger? Anyone?
  • Timbaland is the current choice de jour on the MP3
  • Sponsored links:

• I've been listening to quite a bit of different stuff recently - have got a bit bored with all the generic indie rock at the moment which I think has gone a bit stale.

Really enjoying the New Young Pony Club (Fantastic Playroom), the new Chemical Borthers album (We Are The Night) - especially the Salmon Dance and liking the Maps album too. Also some older stuff that's new to me such as Handsome Boy Modelling School.

Bought Cold War Kids' album - it's very rare that I'll say this but don't...........it's terrible.
  • Is the Maps album any good? Heard bits and pieces, thinking I would like it, but haven't taken the plunge
  • It's a grower, I wasn't sure at first listen but still only 3 or 4 listens later have really got into it. It won't grab your attention for the full album but the stand out tracks are very good and it's a good listen when you're on the way to work!
  • Yes, New Young Pony Club is a great album as is CSS.

I wasn't convinced by Cold War Kids either, saw their set at Glastonbury, the first 3 songs I thought were craaaap, but the got much better by the end and I came away thinking it was quite good. bought the album, can't say i've listened to it much though. find him a bit whiney.
  • I bought it off the back of the single 'Hang Me Out to Dry' which I really liked - the album continues in much the same vane only with all the melody and rhythm removed....
  • My thing at the moment is, I'm a bit bored of the whole 'lads rock' thing at the moment, the Twang album, for example annoys me as they want to sound like Kasbian
  • I'm fed up of that american crappy cheesey lame rock stuff. linkin park, are they seriously still selling music?

rock with meaning. oh bog off.
  • Oh that reminds me - I do like the Pigeon Detectives album. Especially like the fact that they're not sorry. Get a bit tired of bedwetting bands apologising for everything!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]They all have tunes, just different tunes.

The Justice album is everything Daft Punk would love to be.[/quote]

Surely you got that the wrong way round??? Justice are just a poor mans Daft Punk!
  • Carter was just the other day raving about Sonia's Greatest Hits and Scissor Sister's album
  • Sponsored links:

• Got to agree with Carter, The Twang are SUBLIME and they have also earnt themselves a booking from myself. What night are you going Carter?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Well I can get away with humming the maccabees every now and then. Great album.[/quote]

Oh and I totally agree with this one. Best album this year Maccabees. Closely followed by Maximo Park.
  • [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]They all have tunes, just different tunes.

The Justice album is everything Daft Punk would love to be.

Surely you got that the wrong way round??? Justice are just a poor mans Daft Punk!

Nah, I think the Justice album is the next step on from Daft Punk (and I really like Daft Punk). Top notch stuff.
  • You should check out the following then if that's your taste. DJ Medhi, Uffie, pretty much any of the Ed Banger and Modular stuff but most of all SebAstian.
  • Got a lot of the Ed Banger stuff on the pod, really liking the SebAstain stuff. The whole French electro thing is where it's at dance wise at the moment.
  • Arcade fire's newish albums a corker. Reverend and the makers new one seems pretty good,havn't had proper listen yet.
  • Local band near me are quite good called 'the deciphers'

Completely in agreement on arcade fire and the twang
  • [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Got to agree with Carter, The Twang are SUBLIME and they have also earnt themselves a booking from myself. What night are you going Carter?

On a Friday night I believe round about 19/20 October I think

I could be wrong but I'm going to watch Frank Skinner around that time too and keep getting the dates mixed up. I'm going with my gooner mate with one eyebrow, meet up for an afternoon sesh if your doing the same one mate
  • Friday night too mate, think its around that date !!
    Afternoon sesh sounds like a plan, will get in touch nearer the time mate
  • Schweet, I predict a messy day out