Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    29-2 (10 overs)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    42-2 off 12

Make that 42-3. Billings b Coles 6

Lot to do!
  • Options
    make that 42-3 . Billings gone quickly again!! Made 6 today
  • Options
    Not looking good now :(
  • Options
    Coles with a wicket. Ouch.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Essex 337-7 off their 50. Coles hit a six when he came in.

Big ask to chase that in the dark in my opinion. Where's David Hughes when you need him?

One for the oldies there....

I remember it well - the game finished at almost 9.00 and it was the Gillette Cup Semi so was probably in September too!
    Bathe in a bit of nostalgia. Kent feature later too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Th1MFS_O-4
    I love the Glocs fielder barging the kids out of the way

Jack Simmons hooking Mike Proctor in the dark before helmets were introduced, brave or stupid!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

42-2 off 12

Make that 42-3. Billings b Coles 6

Lot to do!

Yet another failure for Billings, got no idea how he keeps getting picked for England
  • Options
    Making coles look like Brett Lee, 54/4 . game over.

Don't want to see claydon anywhere near the team for the quarter final. Looks like it'll probably be Yorkshire away in the quarters.
  • Options

Making coles look like Brett Lee, 54/4 . game over.

Don't want to see claydon anywhere near the team for the quarter final. Looks like it'll probably be Yorkshire away in the quarters.

As ever our bowling resources are thin. We've tried a number of young bowlers over the years, but none have come through to challenge Claydon
  • Options
    Do Kent need to win for a home tie?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anybody know how close we have to make it to finish above Essex on NRR?

Longshot I know, but would love a home quarter final because I think it'll be played at Beckenham.
  • Options
    85 - for 4 wickets (22.3 overs). Essex were 82-3 (19.6 ovs). Then 269-4 (44.6 ovs), two batsmen getting over 100. We know what Kent have to do
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Longshot I know, but would love a home quarter final because I think it'll be played at Beckenham.

Kent NRR is 0.507, Essex NRR is 0.453. The difference is 0.054 so if Essex can get 0.028 or better, they would jump above Kent.

Given that every run scored affects NRR by 0.02 then I'm pretty sure we'd need to get 336.

If Kent scored 336 then the Kent NRR would drop to 0.487 and the Essex NRR would rise to 0.473.
    If Kent scored 335 then the Kent NRR would drop to 0.467 and the Essex NRR would rise to 0.493.

Hope I've worked that out correctly.
  • Options

Before the game, there wasn't much difference in the NRR (0.507 to 0.453) so it would have to be a narrow defeat
  • Options
    Kent
    First innings 132 - for 4 wickets (29.4 overs). Kent need 206 runs to win from 20.2 overs.
  • Options
    149 - for 5 wickets (31.5 overs). Kent need 186 runs to win from 17.4 overs

Sorry, that is the end of my updates.
  • Options
    155/7
    Poop
  • Options
    159/8
  • Options
    At least Surrey are out
  • Options
    Shame, was hoping for a Beckenham QF.

Every cloud, Surrey are gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Billings - 66 in last 11 innings now.
  • Options
    171/9
    Down to Charlton lifes favourite Clayton to save the day.
  • Options
    All out for 184
  • Options
    Porter 4/37 quality
  • Options
    Heard BBC commentator say we are an all or nothing, often flat track bullying, batting side.

Hard to argue.
  • Options
    Away play off tie then against 2nd from northern group. Looks like Yorkies as Worc and Warwick (top 2 currently) play each other. Yorks have Northants to beat to qualify and come 2nd. We will be without Billings. However the real bonus is they would be without Root Bairstow Willey Plunkett and Rashid. Still a tough task.
    Can someone remind me how long we have Henry for?
  • Options
    I'm sure Henry will stay for the knockout stage, I don't think NZ have any upcoming fixtures
  • Options
    How quick does Jamie bowl?
  • Options

How quick does Jamie bowl?

85mph