Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    According to the national rail app. This train to Strood I’m on is now terminating at dartford. They haven’t told anyone else on the train though?
  • Options
    And it’s due at new eltham at 54. If it arrives at 56 I would be able to claim my money back for the delay. What about the money for my class that’s starting at 7 that I can’t now go to despite pre paying and my kit is at home? Has anyone ever managed to get any money back for things like that?

I hate these b’stards.
  • Options
    Saw that they'd cancelled the 5.27 (formerly the 5.25) and managed to duck out of work early to jump on the 5.03 so actually got home on time.
  • Options
    Start a new job in Central on Wednesday.. I probably best try catch one of tomorrows trains to guarantee I'm there on time..
  • Options

How's there lightning anyway? It's clear skies and hotter then the sun on this train. What's worst is I've stuck outside the den for about 20 minutes!

It could have been worse - you could have been stuck inside it.
  • Options

Train cancelled due to " a problem yet to be investigated".

That's a new one. Could you get any more vague?

Still not as good as congestion in the London Bridge area.
  • Options
    The current favourite problem appears to be delays due to having to reboot the train computer - 28 mins on Friday pm, 20 mins on Monday am. I'm waiting for the computer system at London Bridge to be hacked into by the Russians
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Its Southeastern's way of helping with the obesity epidemic.

Just when they need a Fat Controller.
  • Options
    some weird new routes looking at the timetables, seems some trains coming from London down the Bexleyheath line now go back up the Greenwich line before terminating at Deptford? (or have I read that wrong)

can get a direct train from Welling to Charlton (albeit could probably walk it quicker!)
  • Options

some weird new routes looking at the timetables, seems some trains coming from London down the Bexleyheath line now go back up the Greenwich line before terminating at Deptford? (or have I read that wrong)

can get a direct train from Welling to Charlton (albeit could probably walk it quicker!)

You could do that beforehand anyway... trains are always using the loops from the three metro lines as it means they can get back to London quicker without having to go to Dartford and then back again (as the journey alone is about 10-mins)

Few weeks ago my mates train from Victoria was f**ked so he went to Cannon Street and got on a Woolwich Line train that terminated @ Barnehurst, he was going to get off there and get a cab but told him to stay on an extra stop as it was guaranteed to end up @ Bexleyheath
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Few weeks ago my mates train from Victoria was f**ked so he went to Cannon Street and got on a Woolwich Line train that terminated @ Barnehurst, he was going to get off there and get a cab but told him to stay on an extra stop as it was guaranteed to end up @ Bexleyheath

Yeah, done that a few times myself. They advertise the train as terminating at Barnehurst but then it becomes a 'new' train from Barnehurst to Cannon St so if you stay on you end up on the Bexleyheath line. It's usually quicker than waiting for the next Welling train out of Cannon St.

• Options
    This thameslink service is a joke! Lots of trains cancelled because drivers haven’t been trained to drive from Blackfriars to London bridge
  • Options
    No seats again today. People standing the full length of the train. Joke of a service.

Who would have thought that overcrowding would happen when you reduce 3 12 carriage trains down to 1 8 carriage and 1 10 carriage trains.

I can (almost) see some reasoning there for cutting out one to bring in the new thameslink services going to different places. But there is no excuse for reducing the size of the existing trains.
  • Options
    I'm on 7.39 from Dartford via Bexleyheath to CX - no announcment that train has been significantly shortened - people having to stand from Bexleyheath - it's going to be awful on here by the time it gets to Blackheath

And the heating is on

Cnuts
  • Options
    Lovely on the DLR this morning.

My biggest problem is deciding which seat to use.
  • Options
    Used to get the Thameslink from beckenham Junction so was livid when they cut this service.

Now get one of the new blackfriars routes and tube in from elephant - i must say it's working like a dream, in work 20 mins earlier, train leaves on time...sorry have i gone all @DOUCHER ?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I'm on 7.39 from Dartford via Bexleyheath to CX - no announcment that train has been significantly shortened - people having to stand from Bexleyheath - it's going to be awful on here by the time it gets to Blackheath

The following Charing X train was down to 8 carriages (from 10) and those carriages were the ones with literally half the number of seats. So in the space of a week, these services have gone from approximately 1000 seats to less than 400. Oh, and the journeys now officially take longer too, rather than just unofficially running late EVERY FUCKING DAY.

Altogether now..!

• Options
    I don't use the trains as much of some of you but, seriously, how are they allowed to get away with this and yet continue to increase fares?

I'd ask @MrLargo for his input but I get the feeling he might be hiding in a quiet place somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Used to get the Thameslink from beckenham Junction so was livid when they cut this service.

Now get one of the new blackfriars routes and tube in from elephant - i must say it's working like a dream, in work 20 mins earlier, train leaves on time...sorry have i gone all @DOUCHER ?

Yes, but by catching the tube you are now paying more money, and in paying extra for your service having the inconvenience of having to change, and not getting a seat on the tube. Equally livid about the Blackfriars trains from Beckenham not running through. I now have to walk up some fat hill and get sweaty on my morning run walk to the station now I have to leave 15 minutes earlier to arrive at the same time.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

I don't use the trains as much of some of you but, seriously, how are they allowed to get away with this and yet continue to increase fares?

Fares are decided by the government - not the train companies.

• Options
    CAFC Luke said:

Yes, but by catching the tube you are now paying more money, and in paying extra for your service having the inconvenience of having to change, and not getting a seat on the tube. Equally livid about the Blackfriars trains from Beckenham not running through. I now have to walk up some fat hill and get sweaty on my morning run walk to the station now I have to leave 15 minutes earlier to arrive at the same time.
    Work pay my travel - so i can't really moan - the northern line in the morning is hell though. Though if you get it from Elephant, the Clapham/balhamite knobheads accountancy graduates seem to have lessened so i get straight on.

Can't you just get a blackfriars train from Beckenham junction? I get a seat all the way.
  • Options
    Had to go to work later today, the 10:14 (used to be 10:09) from Eltham which was normally a 10 carriage train, now appears to be 4 carriages. It was like a bloody obstacle course trying to get off at Waterloo East clambering over all the packed in prams.

• Options
    Macronate said:

I'd ask @MrLargo for his input but I get the feeling he might be hiding in a quiet place somewhere.

Mate, words cannot express how happy I would be if someone could teleport me right now onto an overcrowded cattle truck stranded outside New Cross due to a lack of available train crew.
  • Options
    Surely little mrLargo has found a way to shut her up by now?

• Options
    On delayed 17.41 Gravesend via sidcup. Pulled in Hither Green to be told train now running fast to Dartford as late (no shit sherlock). Everyone piles off .... only for announcement that it IS calling at stops as planned..cannot make it up
  • Options
    I saw the new timetable and I very cautiously got excited. Thameslink trains and a lot more trains leaving from where I'm working now at London bridge.

Jump forward to the new timetable and the Thameslink trains are cancelled and they've reduced the other trains by so many carriages they are more crowded than before...

Great.