Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    You reckon we have it bad.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44149791
  • Options
    I assume the chairman of the company will fall on his sword for this?
  • Options
    Train cancelled due to " a problem yet to be investigated".

That's a new one. Could you get any more vague?
  • Options

You reckon we have it bad.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44149791

Funnily I've noticed on Saturdays going to Charlton that the trains tend to leave London Bridge 25 seconds early. I think it's away of catching out away supporters
  • Options
    Anyone planning to catch a Thameslink train tomorrow (including the new Luton - Rainham via Greenwich service), be warned! They don't have anything like enough drivers. A total shambles is looming.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Of course it's a complete and utter balls up. There is no chance if them ever getting anything right.

And of course to accommodate all colossal fuck up they have decimated the services that were already running at breaking point.

Actually dreading tomorrow. The thought of trying to get in actually makes me want to weep.
  • Options

Of course it's a complete and utter balls up. There is no chance if them ever getting anything right.

And of course to accommodate all colossal fuck up they have decimated the services that were already running at breaking point.

Actually dreading tomorrow. The thought of trying to get in actually makes me want to weep.

Top hyperbole mate
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Anyone shocked to hear that that thameslink trains through dartford are delayed or cancelled! 2 minutes before the train is due, platform staff haven’t got a clue what platform!!
  • Options
    All thameslubk trains from the medway line cancelled too. And for the fun of it not only have they removed a third of my trains but they have also reduced them from 12 carriages to 10. Yay.
  • Options
    So no seats to be had for love nor money. 2 trains worth of people forced into 1 shortened train. But the cherry conductor cunt has announced that "at least the air con and Wi-Fi are working today". Fuck off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sitting on a Thameslink train from Dartford that is direct to West Hampstead. Bit weird but the trains are very comfortable. For now.
  • Options
    The 8:07 that I tend to get from Eltham when I'm not cycling in and am usually always guaranteed a seat is packed today. A sign of things to come, or just a one off as people panic with the train time changes?
  • Options
    Aaaah, those wonderful days of commuting in SELondon - i remember them well.

These days, i have a 10 minute bus ride in - controlled by a very effective bus lane - and if, on the rare occasion its heavy or blocked, i have a leisurely 25 minute walk to the office past cows,horses and general serenity.
    Its times like this when i realise i made the right decision.

Just thought i'd share that with you.
  • Options

The 8:07 that I tend to get from Eltham when I'm not cycling in and am usually always guaranteed a seat is packed today. A sign of things to come, or just a one off as people panic with the train time changes?

May well be trains are starting further out in Kent now. When I was younger all our trains started from Dartford. Now it’s Gravesend, Stropd and Gillingham
  • Options
    My train this morning was unaffected but the Charing X train that comes in a few minutes earlier now only has half as many seats per carriage so the passengers on that route were not happy! Exact same thing happened on my trains when London Bridge reopened at the start of the year. Fewer seats = more room to wedge people into.

Cuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttttttttttttttsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Had to come in from Greenwich by DLR today as I dropped my bike off for a service.
    Empty.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    iainment said:

Had to come in from Greenwich by DLR today as I dropped my bike off for a service.
    Empty.

I tend to use the DLR going into work as they seem more reliable, frequent and less packed , I do shift work and I have been caught out so many times at Plumstead , Train is show as 3 minutes away then for some unknown reason its cancelled while on route from Abbey Wood , god knows where its gone !
    You can see Abbey Wood station from Plumstead platform so where that Train has mysteriously disappeared to is anyones guess . I have this nagging thought in the back of my head that maybe just maybe it might be a LIE .
  • Options

fadgadget said:

iainment said:

Empty.

I tend to use the DLR going into work as they seem more reliable, frequent and less packed , I do shift work and I have been caught out so many times at Plumstead , Train is show as 3 minutes away then for some unknown reason its cancelled while on route from Abbey Wood , god knows where its gone !
    You can see Abbey Wood station from Plumstead platform so where that Train has mysteriously disappeared to is anyones guess . I have this nagging thought in the back of my head that maybe just maybe it might be a LIE .
    That's a bold statement you've made there!!
    I WAS TEMPTED TO GO FOR CAPITAL LETTERS...…..oops
  • Options
    I

Hate

Trains
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolute clusterfuck tonight on the Sidcup line.
  • Options

I

Hate

Trains

Oi, we’ll have none of that nonsense on here. It’s train companies we hate.

Jeez, call yourself Charlton?
  • Options
    And it is so hot and humid too! Read eta of 8pm. This is my first taste of a proper delay and am beginning to understand everyone’s frustrations. Btw the driver told us as there is no longer any air con we can open the windows and someone has activated the alarm and so that needs to be reset before we can continue. Hurrah.
  • Options
    How's there lightning anyway? It's clear skies and hotter then the sun on this train. What's worst is I've stuck outside the den for about 20 minutes!
  • Options
    They are fucking with us on the way home too. I actually hate these wankers.

Roll on August when I am moving out of the parents in Medway. Should hopefully cut my train in one of their flea ridden sweat boxes in half. Honestly can't wait.
  • Options
    40 minutes to get to New Cross from Charring Cross so far. Glad I've for 50mb free WiFi to 'enjoy on South Eastern' though.

That's really improving my journey.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I was just sat all smug faced on the 18.08 from LB to New Eltham as it left on time. I don’t even think the back of the train left the station before we ground to a halt and the driver murmured something you couldn’t hear. That was 18 minutes ago and we’ve moved about another 10 yards since. Karma.
  • Options
    Farringdon to Westcombe Park via Thameslink tonight was great. Lovely clean trains and seats.
  • Options
    Those Thameslink trains sound like the ray guns from Mars Attacks.
  • Options
    kimbo said:

Farringdon to Westcombe Park via Thameslink tonight was great. Lovely clean trains and seats.

Any plans to use these trains @DaveMehmet?