Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Tone's busy putting the kettle on. ;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Tone's busy putting the kettle on. ;)

Come on now, be fair. He's a professional, it'll be a Burco.

• Options
    Is it too early to start crying uncontrollably? Such a real manifestation of a (potential) Charlton Club owner
  • Options

Good there's only so much excitement I can freakin take. This is brill news. Please don't do that normal Charlton thing. Coyr!

He's been charltonised before he's fking even taken over, record? At least we've had "its happening" gif today. Roland out.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Surely Muir wouldn’t come all the way from AUS just for 90 mins of football - so airman’s rumour about papers signed tomorrow must have weight to it ...

To also have a ‘fans’ tour of the stadium and to talk to fans etc firstly surely means he is confident it will happen , but secondly highlights the kind of owner he will be!

This guy is a massive step up from Duchebag , and without getting carried away - I’m confident this guy can and will be the best owner Charlton will have had!

Quietly confident he will be good for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rudders22 said:

Can we stop posting this takeover news pls? I am missing all the limericks plus isn't about takeover rumours..... How can a picture of Andrew Muir and Gerarrd Murphy be a rumour? Now there is photography evidence it is fact and not a rumour !! (moan, moan). BTW working tonight till 6pm, watched the 2nd half on Sky, it was like watching the old Charlton but for once I thought "Who gives a fuck about the Game". We are days away from a takeover, feels like xmas day. Am I right in thinking that Andrew Muir has attended the same amount of games at Douchebag but has actually talked more to the fans today than the 4yrs he was in charge.

Nice try. But I had trouble with the prosody, so it didn't quite work as a poem for me.
  • Options
    Is it time for a summary on the bite size thread from @AFKABartram
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sammy391 said:

Surely Muir wouldn’t come all the way from AUS just for 90 mins of football - so airman’s rumour about papers signed tomorrow must have weight to it ...

To also have a ‘fans’ tour of the stadium and to talk to fans etc firstly surely means he is confident it will happen , but secondly highlights the kind of owner he will be!

This guy is a massive step up from Duchebag , and without getting carried away - I’m confident this guy can and will be the best owner Charlton will have had!

Out of interest Sammy I know zero about Muir so why do you say he is a “massive step up” from RD.
  • Options
    Shame he's not a sqillionaire.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

https://vimeopro.com/user10979962/interviewstestimonials/video/69907717

Take a listen to how he talks about business etc ...
    it’s about what’s best for the company and stakeholders , not what’s best for his pocket!

This is the guy who sacked himself from his own business (family run for numerous years) in order for it to thrive!

Also talks about ‘interfering’ in the business after he sacked himself. Hmmm.
    We’ve had so many false dawns and disappointments in recent years it’s hard not to be a little sceptical. Why does an Aussie want to buy a third division club for example?
    But anyway, let’s see what he has to say and what his plan is....once that contract gets signed.
  • Options

sammy391 said:

Out of interest Sammy I know zero about Muir so why do you say he is a “massive step up” from RD.
    Because he's obviously read all about him, his philanthropy/charity business etc etc. Give him a Google.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Valley11 said:

Why does an Aussie want to buy a third division club for example?

Because we are not a third tier club. We are a second tier club he can buy for a third tier price. Look at our ground and huge catchment area (between one and two million potential supporters).
  • Options
    I bet he has an ace accent.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Valley11 said:

sammy391 said:

https://vimeopro.com/user10979962/interviewstestimonials/video/69907717

Take a listen to how he talks about business etc ...
    it’s about what’s best for the company and stakeholders , not what’s best for his pocket!

This is the guy who sacked himself from his own business (family run for numerous years) in order for it to thrive!

Also talks about ‘interfering’ in the business after he sacked himself. Hmmm.
    We’ve had so many false dawns and disappointments in recent years it’s hard not to be a little sceptical. Why does an Aussie want to buy a third division club for example?
    But anyway, let’s see what he has to say and what his plan is....once that contract gets signed.
    This is what I've wondered for quite a while & posted on CL a couple of times (at least) Why have they allegedly been in the mix for us so long when it seems many others have fallen by the wayside. Some have responded saying surely it's a good thing that someone is so determined & they are probably right but I'm still left thinking why ? Let's hope that Redhenrys Saudis are backing the Aussies :smile::wink:

Fingers crossed & surely no one can be as bad as the belgian.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!