Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I reckon it was @SDAddick story about his dog that swung the deal his way #BestFriendsPetCare

Andrew Muir is a successful business leader, entrepreneur and philanthropist, who as CEO of The Good Guys led his family’s business to become Australia’s leading household appliances and electronics retailer.
    In 2016, Andrew stepped away from his role as Executive Chairman of The Good Good Guys when JB Hi-Fi acquired the business and today devotes his time to business interests including Best Friends Pet Care and Momatu, and his roles in the community as Director of The Good Foundation and Board Director Essendon Football Club.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

- so airman’s rumour about papers signed tomorrow must have weight to it ...

To also have a ‘fans’ tour of the stadium and to talk to fans etc firstly surely means he is confident it will happen , but secondly highlights the kind of owner he will be!

This guy is a massive step up from Duchebag , and without getting carried away - I’m confident this guy can and will be the best owner Charlton will have had!

That's a serious away day. I hope he bought his tickets in advance.
  • Options

Looks too much like Rod Stewart for my liking.

F*****g hell. Let's hope he doesn't do music like Rod Stewart!!
  • Options

F*****g hell. Let's hope he doesn't do music like Rod Stewart!!
    ....Or spend money like him!
  • Options
    So this is sounding very positive :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a great night at the Valley. New ownership imminent one senses.
  • Options

At first glance, I thought it was Barry Manilow
  • Options
    All sounds like we’re nearly there... I thought the fact that season tickets sales for next year have been temporarily suspended may be a good sign as well. Maybe just because of wanting to only deal with playoff tickets but maybe because the new owner wants to change the strategy/pricing?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

https://alburyaddick.wordpress.com/2018/05/10/a-brief-chat-with-andrew-muir/

"There I was walking down the stairs after the game and walking down next to me was Andrew Muir. I asked him if he was our new owner which he kind of brushed aside, but he then went on to say that we need to get the club back on track and give it back to the fans. He also asked me how many years I’d supported the club and kindly asked my name. Our dialogue is not massively illuminating I know, but he seemed very engaging, interested and a really nice bloke. I guess only time will tell."

Sounds like Callum will be offered the CEO gig by Muir and the FD role is going to Bert who he chatted to at the betting kiosk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kentred2 said:

What a great night at the Valley. New ownership imminent one senses.

Or perhaps not! Leasing the valley? Boycott continues?
  • Options
    Belgium 20 saying Roland is keeping the ground
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

From their tweets, sounds as if the Aussies refused to Duchâtelet BS and have agreed to lease both until a full purchase is agreed
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

This rumour has been around for a bit. See the72.co.uk/78851/roland-duchatelet-will-remain-owner-valley-charlton-takeover/
  • Options

Is it time for a summary on the bite size thread from @AFKABartram

Very good point

Over to you @DOUCHER :-)
    Rd definitely not here next season - tick
    Sale once division known - tick
    Aussies or brits, not red henrys lot - tick
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

If true, I've just gone from ecstasy to depression.
  • Options
    Disaster if Roland keeps the ground, absolute disaster
  • Options
    I have no sources but the deal could be completed as early as next week.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!