Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Curb_It said:

What bus do you get on if you do? I normally walk to previous stop. Less elbows and shoving.

51. Might try that next time.

Get it outside Sainsburys. Usually empty there and small queue.
  • Options
    25 minutes late this morning. Can you feeble f#%king tosspots please try and keep the overall amount of time you've stolen off me today to less than an hour?!

Apparently not, let's sit around outside new cross for ten minutes. Aaarrrrgh!!!
  • Options
    So just looked up the new timetable form their 'times are changing' bullshit marketing campaign. I've avoided looking at it so far as I've been scared what it will be.

So they have cut out 1 in 3 of the trains from my station to Victoria. Trains that are already rammed every day. That's gonna be fun.

Not only that but they manage to have the scheduled arrival time (not the actual arrival time - that is 15 minutes later) 3 mins later despite the train leaving 2 mins earlier. This is on top of the 3 mins they added to the journey with the threat of leaves last winter. This is obviously just fudging stiff so they don't miss their lateness target. A journey that about a year and a half ago took me 45 mins will now take 57. The most frustrating part about this is that off peak journeys wirh 4 extra stops manage to do it in 47 mins.

Fucking useless cunting idiot's.

I complain about the less trains and longer journeys in Twitter. Their answer? There are more trains to Blackfriars. Well thanks. That's fucking useful.
  • Options
    Just got a lovely letter from south eastern that suggested I was on the train that had to disembark outside lewisham but had yet to claim.
    A cheque for £100 is in the post apparently.
    What nice people.
    I may even pass it back and add it to their investment program.
    Every little helps :-)
  • Options
    Good luck this morning. Farcking useless, everything delayed.
  • Options
    As I approached Barnehurst station a sea of people appeared presumably having got the bus from another line
  • Options
    the new timetable has completely cut my train home it seems, 4.23 from Cannon St down the Bexleyheath line
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hello customer,

I’m writing further to the Delay Repay claim you made for your journey on Friday 2 March. Firstly, I’d like to apologise again for the severe disruption to your journey that evening.

For any passenger whose journeys was disrupted on 2 March we offered double Delay Repay compensation. And our records show your claim has now been successfully processed. In addition to this, we’re providing enhanced compensation for those who were stranded on trains for several hours that evening. This compensation comes to a total of £100 – inclusive of the double Delay Repay payment.

We believe you may have been a passenger on one of our stranded trains, but our records show you haven’t applied for your enhanced compensation. We want to make sure you receive the compensation you’re owed. So, we’ve arranged for an additional cheque payment to be sent out to you to make sure you receive your full amount of compensation. You should receive this within the next 14 days.

As I’m sure you’re aware, the disruption was caused by the snow and ice which affected the power supply to our trains that afternoon and evening. We realise a lot of passengers were affected by this, with a number of passengers being stranded on trains for many hours.

Although Network Rail had many de-icer trains in operation, as conditions deteriorated, freezing rain formed ice on our third rail power supply. As a result, some of our trains were unable to draw power during operation, causing technical issues, and a number of break-downs. This was further compounded by heavy and persistent snow fall throughout Friday 2 March.

Due to the issues mentioned above one of our trains broke down in the Lewisham area, trapping a number of other trains in the close vicinity. Unfortunately, further disruption was caused by passengers evacuating themselves from trapped trains.

The safety of our passengers and employees is our priority, and with people on the tracks, Network Rail had to switch off the power supply. We began by isolating the power to the area where the broken-down train was located. But as people disembarked on to the track, this shut down had to be extended to a 3-mile radius as a safety precaution.

Because of the severe disruption that evening, with Network Rail we’ve appointed an independent investigator to carry out a full review. Although an event like this is extremely rare, we’ve commissioned this independent review to learn lessons that can prevent future incidents of this type. We’ve informed the independent Rail Accident Investigation Branch of the circumstances and invited them to carry out their own investigation.

Once again, we’d like to say how sorry we are for all the difficulties you experienced that evening. I do hope your next journey with us will be a lot easier.

Yours sincerely

Christine Heynes
    Senior Customer Relations Manager
    Southeastern
  • Options

the new timetable has completely cut my train home it seems, 4.23 from Cannon St down the Bexleyheath line

Lazy bastard :smiley:
    the 6.16am into the office is still running though ;)
  • Options

Lazy bastard :smiley:
    the 6.16am into the office is still running though ;)
    Mug :smiley:
  • Options

FFS! That's my train as well.Wankers!!
  • Options
    Read online today that a lot of changes have been introduced in order to 'force' people to use London Bridge as an interchange as not enough people are using it since it reopened.

London Bridge does seem a lot less busy than it was before the rebuild, so may be some truth in that. If they are forcing people to change there, then they need to make sure that there are up escalators in the morning, recently had to change there in the morning and both times I've had to walk up to the platforms and it nearly finished me off!
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Its Southeastern's way of helping with the obesity epidemic.

Yeah credit where it's due, they're good with that sort of stuff:

Too fat? We've cancelled everything so you'll have to walk to work.

Too rich? Don't worry, we'll relieve you of every spare penny you've got. What's more, if our services are disrupted and you have to take an expensive taxi to complete your journey, we'll reimburse you with an utterly derisory figure, leaving you poorer and angrier!

Too happy? We can help with that! Misery is 100% guaranteed everyday!

Arseholes.
  • Options
    i got one of those letters so that's about £150 i've had for that lewisham fiasco - would have preferred to have enjoyed my friday night but goes some way - moving offices to victoria next year and as luck would have it, my line is gonna start running there next year as well - south eastern aren't making me feel like a 'cu*t' - they're making me feel like a right lucky 'cu*t'
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

i got one of those letters so that's about £150 i've had for that lewisham fiasco - would have preferred to have enjoyed my friday night but goes some way - moving offices to victoria next year and as luck would have it, my line is gonna start running there next year as well - south eastern aren't making me feel like a 'cu*t' - they're making me feel like a right lucky 'cu*t'

so rare for one to be so unashamedly self-aware, luck has little to do with it
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

so rare for one to be so unashamedly self-aware, luck has little to do with it
    Thanks - coming from a huge cock that means so much
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    southeastern get a deservedly bad press but I have had a pleasant safari journey home tonight - sheep, cows, horses, rabbits, a fox, a couple of herds of deer and some llamas.
  • Options
    On the train?
  • Options

Cunting cnuts have reduced my train from 12 coaches to 8 without reason, apology or even recognising that it's happened. Utter wankers.

A third off the train, a third off the fares would seem the appropriate response if there was a proper train regulator.

I notice how the rail companies response to breaking the regulations and overcharging peoples for ticket is to propose to correct the problem in a way that is revenue neutral - I hope someone will explain to the Government/Regulator that honest solutions to overcharging are revenue negative and most definitely not neutral.
  • Options
    Wilma said:

Read online today that a lot of changes have been introduced in order to 'force' people to use London Bridge as an interchange as not enough people are using it since it reopened.

London Bridge does seem a lot less busy than it was before the rebuild, so may be some truth in that. If they are forcing people to change there, then they need to make sure that there are up escalators in the morning, recently had to change there in the morning and both times I've had to walk up to the platforms and it nearly finished me off!

You need to realise that it was rebuilt to be a shopping centre, and not to make anyone's journey easier.
  • Options
    I did ask recently at London Bridge if they would, if I needed it, provide a wheelchair and wheel me to the appropriate platform 'given how large the station now is' and 'how far everything now was from everything else', and was told that they would...
  • Options
    Using them yesterday and a station announcement about timetables are changing this weekend. Every train is being rescheduled so that we can provide more capacity and improve reliability.

Cue absolute chaos on Monday morning.