Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    I gave the High Speed Service a bash this morning and it was okay. Had to attend a meeting in Stratford so thought I would do the 11 minutes from Ebbsfleet to Stratford Int.

Took me 30 minutes to drive to Ebbsfleet and 5 minutes to walk from the car park to the ticket office so its no quicker for me as when I go to London Victoria my local fast train takes 40 minutes.

Still tried it once, wont be rushing back.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Hottest day of the year so far and predictably, here we go again!

A fault with the signalling system at London Bridge is causing disruption to journeys through the station. Train services may be cancelled or delayed by up to 45 minutes. Disruption is expected until 17:00.

Customer Advice:
    What's happened?
    --------------------
    A fault has occurred with the signalling system near London Bridge. Network Rail engineers are working to fix the problem.

How does this affect my journey?
    ------------------------------------
    Trains can still run in the area, but they are taking longer to pass between the stations. To reduce delays, some services are terminating at Tonbridge and some services are being diverted to London Victoria.

What do I need to do?
    ------------------------
    If you're travelling home tonight, you should check before you travel. You may wish to travel later this evening and should allow extra time for your journey.

If your train has been diverted to Victoria, you can use your ticket on the London Underground to one of our London Terminal Stations at no extra cost.

If you're travelling to Hastings, you should catch a train to Tonbridge and change there.

If you have a High Speed ticket you may travel on Fast Track buses between Northfleet, Gravesend and Ebbsfleet to complete your journey, at no extra charge.

You can also use your ticket on the London Underground between Southeasterns London Terminal Stations at no extra cost.
  • Options
    Just leaving this here...

Southeastern customers face worsening services:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43808473
  • Options

If anyone see's MrLargo can you take his belt & laces off him.
  • Options
    They're not lying about the old and crumbling infrastructure and chronic lack of investment. The railway bridge outside Lewisham was supposed to be a temporary replacement after the 1957 rail crash - and it's still there today!
  • Options
    What's the excuse for the signalling equipment going tits up every time the temperature goes over about 20 degrees though?
  • Options
    edited April 2018

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Oh fuck it, I was trying to inject some humour into this miserable situation by posting one of those Gif things. Unfortunately, I am nearly as shit at computer stuff as South Eastern are at train stuff.

Honestly, 5 fucking years?! What the fucking fuck?! This is ridiculous. But hey, you just crack on with Crossrail and HS2 you cretins.

Our government's policy on transport is akin to the bloke who gets bored half way through painting the lounge and decides to make a start on the spare room instead.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

What's the excuse for the signalling equipment going tits up every time the temperature goes over about 20 degrees though?

Once knew a bloke who had a theory that the drivers would all pull a sickie on a hot day for a variety of reasons, going to beer gardens, out with the kids, down the park etc, etc. I laughed at the time, not so much now.
    It's far too often that the service is disrupted on a hot day.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

WTF??? I hope you dont work in IT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    No air con, rammed carriages , I'm standing in piss because the out of order toilets have overflowed and the women and crystal palace fans in my carriage on the verge of passing out.

Southeastern are remarkable at making days like today mirror the closing half hour of Titanic.
  • Options

No air con, rammed carriages , I'm standing in piss because the out of order toilets have overflowed and the women and crystal palace fans in my carriage on the verge of passing out.

Southeastern are remarkable at making days like today mirror the closing half hour of Titanic.

You pissed yourself didn’t you Rodders?
  • Options

Yep. Over excited.
  • Options

Yep. Over excited.
    I get like that when the train threads liven up
  • Options
    The worst thing about it all is that they’ll get awarded the contract again
  • Options

Just seen this on the BBC local TV news. The service looks guaranteed to get worse.
  • Options
    And yet the fares continue to go up.
  • Options

I didn’t know it was possible for anyone without a fanny to complain as much as @cantersaddick does :smiley:

Shhh dint tell the .ossisu
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I didn’t know it was possible for anyone without a fanny to complain as much as @cantersaddick does :smiley:

How many you had mate, a whole two pints...?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

How many you had mate, a whole two pints...?
    Shup pads ya mug!
  • Options
    We are just funding their CEO's Villa iin Spain.
  • Options
    Who's looking forward to Thameslink on the Greenwich line? I'm sure that won't mess anything up...
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Who's looking forward to Thameslink on the Greenwich line? I'm sure that won't mess anything up...

Apparently you'll be able to get a train straight from Dartford to Luton Airport?
  • Options
    The sun's shining, the birds are singing, the 8.50's been cancelled and the 8.57 is currently 4 minutes late, but the departure board keeps doing that annoying thing where it tells you the train's 1 minute away, then that minute elapses and they just add another minute on. You've got no idea whether it really is a minute away, or if you're still gonna be standing there at midnight.

Tossers.

On the move now, 13 minutes behind my original schedule. Hope there's some senior-looking loitering on the concourse at Cannon Street. Feel in the mood to swear at someone this morning.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

Apparently you'll be able to get a train straight from Dartford to Luton Airport?
    Sounds like it! The joys of Luton are open to us all now.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

The sun's shining, the birds are singing, the 8.50's been cancelled and the 8.57 is currently 4 minutes late, but the departure board keeps doing that annoying thing where it tells you the train's 1 minute away, then that minute elapses and they just add another minute on. You've got no idea whether it really is a minute away, or if you're still gonna be standing there at midnight.

Tossers.

On the move now, 13 minutes behind my original schedule. Hope there's some senior-looking loitering on the concourse at Cannon Street. Feel in the mood to swear at someone this morning.

So you are assuming you are going to reach Cannon Street before lunchtime then?
  • Options
    Could not be arsed to even attempt Southeastern last night. Having cancelled the 5.05 and the 5.47, that left all Bexleyheath line passengers with precisely 1 train between 4.45 and 6.10. Great job! Went straight to Bank and got DLR to Woolwich and bus home from there. Got in about 5 minutes after my normal time but without the delights of attempting to ram myself onto a ridiculously packed train on the hottest day of the year so far.

CUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Have they used the 'trains are subject to delay due to heat distortion of the rails' yet?