Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conversation with Katrien on Facebook - ground developments?

Just saw this on Facebook

I don't want to go over old ground, concerning RD and KM, players purchases and lies etc, but there are a few interesting ground related things here

1) That the South Stand is becoming unsafe
2) Moving Away fans into the East stand
3) New Dugouts - certainly our existing ones don't reach PL standards (not that that particularly matters!)

Is there any truth in any of this from what others have heard?
Please don't say your on drugs or mad but I am prepared to give them another chance after speaking to Katrien on the train last night! She said to myself and Jon Whitfield this has been a long season and our current position in the league shows that 12 more points would of seen us fighting for play offs.
Now if what Karl Robinson said about players not caring is true then you can't blame her or Roland. It's not uncommon for owners to loan money to a club one being Bournemouth and the second to my astonishment is Chelsea! Both owners are only loaning money to the club.
I don't think we were ever in any danger of being relegated as there is so much s*** below us an us crying for a new owner doesn't mean the new mob will come in with good intentions. Yes they've made some disastrous decisions in management and transfers but from speaking to her next season will be a good one.
I said look what £3m did when we won League 1?!? She smiled nodded and said "I know an next season we will be buying the best players in League 1"
Other things discussed was moving away fans into the east stand empty blocks and giving both stands behind the goals back to home fans. In addition to this, she said their are plans to build a new south stand but this isn't in their immediate plans. She said a new construction is important as the stand is becoming unsafe. One last point on the stadium is the construction of new dug outs for 2017/18 which will ready in August.
Look at Coventry & Leyton Orient be careful what you wish for an it's better to have the devil you know than the one you don't. We've got one game left so let's support Karl and the team and finish the season off.
This summer will be telling on what players are bought in, kept and released. In my opinion it's time to support the club because in many ways I now look at Katrien and think f*** me she has some bollocks to take all this abuse and carry on.
Up The Addicks

Comments

• I would not be totally surprised if RD actually spent this next year. He might actually be realizing after this season that relegation costs more than the transfers necessary for a promotion fight.

There is precedent.

The owner of Newcastle is very much like RD and he hates to lose money. But after being relegated last year he realized that it actually costs less to get back up than the amount you lose in enterprise value by being relegated. So he changed course, spent a ton this offseason and they are going right back up to the PL.

The counter-argument to this "new leaf" theory is the fact that RD has no idea how to actually win and does not realize that you must lose a LOT of money to do so. Cost cutting and "going-up" are negatively correlated.
  • Well i still think they'll be here next year.
  • I agree that the dugouts are the only change likely to happen (and that obviously the player stuff is impossible to believe based on what's happened before)

At some point the South Jimmy Seed stand will need to be rebuilt, but that would be a major development, presumably clearing the existing banking. IF away fans had part of the East Stand, I can't see how they could access it, they'd presumably they'd have to go in via Landsdowne Mews which sounds unlikely to be allowed by the Police
  • I think they will be here another season.
  • I thought that the club had said that they were 'doing up' the Jimmy seed stand last year sometime ?
    Remember people talking about the framing they were going to put around new disabled seating in the stand...

Glad to see the club told the truth :blush:
  • Sponsored links:

• New dugouts........ With sofas, not seats?
  • edited April 2017
    Please don't say your on drugs or mad but I am prepared to give them another chance after speaking to Katrien on the train last night! She said to myself and Jon Whitfield this has been a long season and our current position in the league shows that 12 more points would of seen us fighting for play offs.
    I stopped reading there.

12 more points last season would've saved us from relegation.

But it's too late and the reason we didn't get those 12 points this season or last was consistent failure of Roland and his cronies.
  • PS changing the dugouts is like changing the goal nets. Oh wait.
  • Such a dull thread (again). Nearly end up season I guess
  • I can't help but think of the phrase "...and pigs might fly".
  • Best players in L1, where was this money in January?
  • Sofas in the dugouts :-)
  • What @Henry Irving said. Sell the club. Your time is up Katrien.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can see our friends in SE9 being delighted with any decision to shut the Jimmy Seed Stand for "safety reasons" and rehouse the spanners in the empty blocks of the east and west stands should they not go up.
  • T.C.E said:

I can see our friends in SE9 being delighted with any decision to shut the Jimmy Seed Stand for "safety reasons" and rehouse the spanners in the empty blocks of the east and west stands should they not go up.

What's Eltham got to do with anything?
  • Utter bollox. Beggars belief that someone would make comments like this public, let alone believe it.
  • Ok so now there is f@ck all to play for and the ownership/manager/team have failed us we need to get behind them? Sorry facebook bloke, your opinion is out of touch with reality even if you end with a rallying Churchillesque Up the Addicks
  • Surely for access reasons and the fact it has a shared concourse let alone segregating seating, having away fans in the easy stand would be nearly impossible and majorly expensive.

We all know what they want to do with the Jimmy south stand.

Dugouts are needed anyway. Can't fit half of Karl's coaches on there let alone physio etc and subs..

Also stop talking about seating I'm getting adverts for fold up gym seats on this page ffs.