Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zabeel Investments to buy Charlton Athletic (Seven Years ago today)

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
Seven years ago today. A what if moment which did not come to fruition. Pardew thought all his Christmas's had come early, but within a month the deal collapsed and he got the sack.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/19886/the-official-charlton-takeover-thread-for-johnny-come-latelys/p1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1076323/Charlton-receive-indicative-offer-Dubai-based-Zabeel-Investments.html

Comments

• Options
    I still haven't got over the disappointment of that.
  • Options
    Didnt they soon get into alot of financial trouble after the deal falling through? If so arent we lucky that didnt happen?
  • Options

Cheer up ShootersHillGuru, if they had come in, we would never have met RD, and would'nt have the lovely new pitch and sofá, not to mention JBG, Mak,.....er....... ...er...... plans for Sparrows Lane.. er and new seats in the ground...... help me someone here?

Pulled pork on the menu?
  • Options
    How depressing
  • Options

Cheer up ShootersHillGuru, if they had come in, we would never have met RD, and would'nt have the lovely new pitch and sofá, not to mention JBG, Mak,.....er....... ...er...... plans for Sparrows Lane.. er and new seats in the ground...... help me someone here?

And a new right back/striker/midfielder/CEO if we look like we are knocking on the big time.
  • Options
    A tale of what might have Beene eh, we could have been kings of Europe, with Jurgen Klopp as our new manager.
  • Options
    Didn't Pardew tell the players who he wanted. Which created a massive rift and helped us spiral down the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're coming out of the recession now, save usZabeel!
  • Options
    I know how many things could have gone wrong but i am still gutted about this falling through.
  • Options
    Feels like an age ago, life has taken its toll!!!
  • Options

Feels like an age ago, life has taken its toll!!!

Amen
  • Options
    I always found it odd the club announced it as soon as they did.
  • Options

I always found it odd the club announced it as soon as they did.

because they had to, the club was owned by a publicly traded company and had a duty to announce to shareholders (the fans) that they had been approached by zabeel and if they are offered then the club recommends shareholders accept the offer from zabeel.
  • Options
    Didn't they go bust soon after ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Few things stood out from that attached thread.

1. Pages and pages of non-bickering. No snidey, trolling, arsehole posts, days before socia media properly kicked in and people started routinely behaving online like twats.

2. @Ollywozere seemed to know more what was going on at the club then than he does now :-)

3. 'Gonna be a long weekend i think. Statement of intent, but nothing signed. Won't get too carried away until it is' - it was this kind of form that saw me go on and win the Sidcup Voice of Reason award 2009, 2011 and 2012.

You need to look at the positives more often chunk
  • Options
    Are they even still in business? Their Website doesn't work for me and the Wiki page is somewhat out of date. Was an exciting moment, but as bad as things have been since I do wonder if this would in fact have been worse!
  • Options
    Move on
  • Options

Few things stood out from that attached thread.

1. Pages and pages of non-bickering. No snidey, trolling, arsehole posts, days before socia media properly kicked in and people started routinely behaving online like twats.

2. @Ollywozere seemed to know more what was going on at the club then than he does now :-)

3. 'Gonna be a long weekend i think. Statement of intent, but nothing signed. Won't get too carried away until it is' - it was this kind of form that saw me go on and win the Sidcup Voice of Reason award 2009, 2011 and 2012.

This makes me sad as I joined in 2010. Am I responsible for this hell that is now Charlton Life, the bickering, the snidey comments, the trolling.
  • Options
    It's an honour to hear that from Sidcup's voice of reason for 09' 11' & 12
  • Options
    What happened to Zabeel?