Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is RD worth

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
This is from an article about 6 months old discussing Belgian rich, but then we never get told anything recent about him

According to an exclusive survey of Fan!, The football magazine of our newspaper, the entrepreneur's Marc Coucke (1.472 billion equity) and Roland Duchâtelet (1.250 billion euros). About £800m

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Who can say or guess? Particularly if his businesses aren't publicly listed but privately owned. He owns Charlton - how much is that worth for example?

To give a further example, a few years back a hotelier named Andrew Davis featured a long way up The Sunday Times rich list.

Shortly afterwards his hotel chain of up market hotels went bust owing £295mn to two banks alone.

So, now he's presumably worth next to nothing. Perhaps he always was?

No one except RD can really estimate how much he's worth.

BTW, the aforementioned hotel chain, Von Essen, sponsored The Sunday Times rich list.....
  • Options
    Really what does it matter?
    We are just another if his social experimentals. He's never going to throw money into the team.
  • Options
    Until RD asks how much I'm worth, I'll not worry about his few quid.
  • Options
    To true Charlton fans fuck all
  • Options
    Who cares - he can't take it with him and he won't spend anymore on us!
  • Options

Football is just about money. It's totally alienated me from the beautiful game. I'm clinging on to my love of Charlton but it's getting harder year on year.

It's reached the point where we are not happy that some bloke who isn't even a fan is prepared to fund our losses of a ridiculous £6 million ? per year and all we can think of is that he's a tight git for not spending more.

Money has wrecked it for me. The playing field is now so skewed that it's hardly worth the bother.

This, absolutely and with bells on, summed up exactly how I feel about football right now, well said!
  • Options

Football is just about money. It's totally alienated me from the beautiful game. I'm clinging on to my love of Charlton but it's getting harder year on year.

It's reached the point where we are not happy that some bloke who isn't even a fan is prepared to fund our losses of a ridiculous £6 million ? per year and all we can think of is that he's a tight git for not spending more.

Money has wrecked it for me. The playing field is now so skewed that it's hardly worth the bother.

Likewise... I just try to ignore the money factor and concentrate on Football from 3pm... Football will destroy itself one day with the amount of money being thrown about and I do think that the really big clubs will end up being in serious trouble.

Does anyone know how the Fan strike went yesterday at clubs protesting in regards to ticket prices.
  • Options

This for me too SHG. Finding myself not bothering to watch most football on tv nowadays and finding it tougher as years go by to drag myself to The Valley. In the old days , i would watch any football on tv - but, just this week have cancelled my Sports subs on Sky.
  • Options

This for me too SHG. Finding myself not bothering to watch most football on tv nowadays and finding it tougher as years go by to drag myself to The Valley. In the old days , i would watch any football on tv - but, just this week have cancelled my Sports subs on Sky.
    I cancelled mine before the season started and when they asked me why I told them it was because I thought Sky money was killing the best sport on the planet.