Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD: Duchatelet under Embassy spotlight

Comments

• Options
    Nice work CARD.

• Options
    Genius idea.............great work as always, well done all involved.
  • Options
    Well done CARD.
  • Options
    It rankles him doesn’t it. Another dose of soft terrorism would be perfect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    The story has been picked up in Belgium. I’ll try to get a rough translation up soon, but it looks like the yellow toothed old nutter has called us “soft terrorists”. 

https://m.hln.be/regio/sint-truiden/coalitie-tegen-roland-duchatelet-card-vraagt-belgische-ambassade-om-duchatelet-te-doen-opstappen-het-wordt-nu-echt-tijd-dat-hij-vertrekt~a7016bf2

Edit: I see others have translated the key points for me. Thanks!
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:
    Response from RD - 

Soft terrorism

“This is a form of soft terrorism. Everything is going well now, the club is playing well, there are no complaints and now those types are going to play 'the monkey' at the Belgian embassy in London to come and threaten me a bit. Too ridiculous for words. But they should not be worried, I am going to sell the club. Only this needs its time. Selling a club is not as simple as buying a club. "Roland Duchâtelet replies

https://m.hln.be/regio/sint-truiden/coalitie-tegen-roland-duchatelet-card-vraagt-belgische-ambassade-om-duchatelet-te-doen-opstappen-het-wordt-nu-echt-tijd-dat-hij-vertrekt~a7016bf2

More bullshit from the Belgian one. "Everything is going well." Like he gives a toss about how well the club is playing! "No complaints"? He is obviously oblivious about the furore raised by many on this forum - and many others- over the sale (and non-replacement) of Karlan Grant which I believe cost us automatic promotion. Oh, and well done "those types" - keep it up.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Coalition against Roland Duchâtelet (CARD) asks the Belgian embassy to get Duchâtelet to resign: "It's really time for him to leave".

A delegation from CARD, the protest group that opposes Roland Duchâtelet as owner of Charlton Athletic, was received last Wednesday at the Belgian Embassy in London. Advisor Alain Leroy, who reports directly to the Belgian Consul General, received the Coalition Against Roland Duchâtelet (CARD) at the embassy. The CARD representatives explained how, according to them, Duchâtelet not only damaged the London club, but also its supporters. "He is making our club a disgrace in the media and in the whole world of football," they say.

"We were amazed at how well informed Mr. Leroy was. Especially when it came to the unpaid staff members and Duchâtelet's  out of this world request to the English Football League to buy the club from him," says their spokesman.

Actions

"We have announced that we will take further actions in Sint-Truiden, if he does not sell the club, as he announced earlier. But we have made it clear to him that we have nothing to do with the vandalism that took place earlier in Sint-Truiden. Everyone, including Roland Duchâtelet himself, is convinced that he has to leave. Only, he doesn't leave. It's about time he sold the club and packed his bags."

Soft terrorism

"This is a form of soft terrorism. Everything is going well now, the club is playing well, there are no complaints and now these types go fooling around at the Belgian embassy in London to come and threaten me. Too ridiculous for words. But they shouldn't be worried, I'm going to sell the club. Only this needs its time. Selling a club is not as easy as buying a club." Roland Duchâtelet replies himself.

• Options
    Image result for soft pillow gif
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "they shouldn't be worried. I am going to sell the club." Sounds like he has just decided to sell it rather than he's been actively trying for two years and has a plethora of eager buyers fighting to close the deal.
  • Options
    From customers to terrorists. RD has so much love for us fans, doesn’t he?
  • Options
    Probably more than we have for him :)
  • Options
    You would have thought he would have learnt to keep his trap shut by now. Still, nice to know it got up his pipe.
  • Options
    Roland, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.