Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD: Duchatelet under Embassy spotlight

Comments

• Options
    cafckev said:
    Does anyone have an email address for the EFL so I can send a complaint to them about RDs lastest rant and being considered a “Terrorist”. 
    As someone who works for the emergency services, and have dealt first hand with the affects of terrorisism I am deeply offended by his statement 
    https://www.efl.com/-more/all-about-the-efl/contact-us/
  • Options
    He really is the "madman across the water".
  • Options
    cafckev said:
    Does anyone have an email address for the EFL so I can send a complaint to them about RDs lastest rant and being considered a “Terrorist”. 
    As someone who works for the emergency services, and have dealt first hand with the affects of terrorisism I am deeply offended by his statement 
    Please copy your message on here.
  • Options
    cafckev said:
    Please copy your message on here.
    And the response. 

Which will be anodyne and useless. 
  • Options
    More power to your elbow, @cafckev !  Your experience of the sharp end of terrorism makes you the ideal person to call out RD for his ludicrous and insulting choice of phrase.

And it all helps keep "Jessica" & "Danny" of the EFL's Supporter Services Department in a job!
  • Options
    cafckev said:
    PM'ed you.
  • Options
    Surely this must be a mistranslation.

Soft terrorist does not make any coherent sense in English (fiddles with earpiece....eh? Oh).

So, as previously reported, activity designed to bring about change through fear of bodily injury and death has been linked to a constructive meeting between football fans and the Belgian Ambassador to London. Not sure how that happened. 

(touches earpiece again)

Oh yes that’s more understandable, I’m told it was definitely said by barking mad, delusion, frustrated investor and billionaire miser Roland Duchâtelet who apparently also asked whether anyone had found his shoe tape on his way out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good letter, concise and to the point. Sit back and await another Roland rant on Tuesday.
  • Options
    If Roland thinks we are bad, can you imagine what things would have been like if he'd bought Millwall?
  • Options
    If Roland thinks we are bad, can you imagine what things would have been like if he'd bought Millwall?

He would most definitely have received a flat cap thrashing by now.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    castrust said:

CAST has written to Duchatelet (copied to the EFL) urging him to apologise for his terrorism comments.

You could say it is a pointless exercise as he's never acknowledged any of our previous communications. On the other hand, if we don't take issue with it, it seems like we are saying it is all right.

https://www.castrust.org/2019/05/soft-terrorism-cast-urges-duchatelet-to-apologise/

Well worded ... whether it will achieve its aim , I don't now, but it is correct that it should be out there. 
  • Options
    Good work CAST.
    About as much chance of a response from EFL as one from roly.  Absolutely no chance of any action.  EFL is one of the reasons owners like the tombstone toothed twunt get to ruin clubs like Charlton.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @castrust
    Is there any milage in sharing this excellent response with the Belgian newspaper which printed Duchatelet's terrorism comment? 
    Especially if he (as anticipated) does not reply within a reasonable timescale?

Edit - Maybe as a paid-for small ad, so it is sure to appear?
  • Options
    castrust said:

CAST has written to Duchatelet (copied to the EFL) urging him to apologise for his terrorism comments.

You could say it is a pointless exercise as he's never acknowledged any of our previous communications. On the other hand, if we don't take issue with it, it seems like we are saying it is all right.

https://www.castrust.org/2019/05/soft-terrorism-cast-urges-duchatelet-to-apologise/

Thank you @castrust. Well said.
  • Options
    castrust said:

Great work! Maybe copy the Daily Mail too - a paper renowned for it's hate of all things terror related?
  • Options
    Mametz said:
    It’s terrorism Jim...but not as we know it!
    I'm waiting for us to be able to say "He's dead, Jim".
  • Options
    Just seen this on Twitter. The author is with CNN Sport it seems. Please retweet and perhaps comment along the lines of @ N01R4M  above

Done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    N01R4M said:
    Could we sue him for slander?
    Probably not, since he did not name anyone - but in my dreams, we would win and be gifted the deeds of The Valley in lieu of damages!!!
    It would be libel if he wrote it, slander if he said it, but as I understand it you don't need to be named to suffer defamation if it is clear you are being referred to.  So the members of CARD who were present at the embassy could do so.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Chizz said:

This is why we need an "I like this more than I can possibly say" button.
  • Options
    Excellent letter, from one of those accused (though I havent lost any sleep over it) thank you. It was a ridiculous comment to make and offensive to those who have seen the results of terrorism close up.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Could we sue him for slander?
    Probably not, since he did not name anyone - but in my dreams, we would win and be gifted the deeds of The Valley in lieu of damages!!!
    It would be libel if he wrote it, slander if he said it, but as I understand it you don't need to be named to suffer defamation if it is clear you are being referred to.  So the members of CARD who were present at the embassy could do so.
    Duchatelet's statement is, as you say, certainly made against an identifiable group - i.e. the CARD members who attended the embassy. The difficulty, however, is that his comments are so utterly absurd that, on no conceivable view could they undermine the reputation of the CARD representatives in the eyes of right thinking members of society generally - quite the contrary, in fact (not that anyone would be interested in suing the idiot anyway).

• Options
    To be fair, @SE7toSG3 does own fatigues and a balaclava.
  • Options
    Yes, I can imagine.  RD offices would have been ransacked and Roly would be pleading with the not so soft terrorists to lift the picket line stopping his transport from leaving the warehouses as the electronics business has ground to a halt.   
  • Options
    Roland is just Roland.

He believes that anything outside of his own thought process....is a world that is just sh*t.

He is like a child. It is unfortunate that he is a rich one.

The "imagine if he bought Millwall" arguement....is irrelevant.

Yes, things may have "been worse" for him. Perhaps. Who knows.

He does not have common sense though. He wouldn't even be able to compare the situations.

The bloke just lives in a bubble.
  • Options
    Pity it’s not filled with water.