Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terrible Mosque Shooting in New Zealand

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Chizz said:
    Im sure Liverpool will have one. 
    Yes.  And good for them for doing so.  When a team's best player is a Muslim, and is so well loved by the team's fans, it's easy to understand how an atrocity against Muslims would make the club want to show empathy and compassion.  
    I think you’ve missed the point.
    Nope.  I just refused to acknowledge it. 
    Right. You have acknowledged it by quoting it though. If you didn't want to acknowledge the point why not make your own comment?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    PeterGage said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Not really the point though James is it. We now live in a world where a kid like this can stand behind a grown man with a mobile phone filming while he smashes an egg on his head. 

Anning might be unpleasant but 10 years ago a kid of that age would probably not even think about getting that close and doing something like that, the egg would have been lobbed from a distance at best.

I would not have lost any sleep if Anning had decked the kid and knocked him sparko and then stamped on his mobile phone, he would have deserved it.

The fella has called for a final solution for Muslims. I’m happy for people to stand up to someone is basically a nazi. 
    We live in a society, fortunately, where freedom of speech is acceptable, as abhorrant as the speech content may be disageeable to some.

The action of the young lad is unlawful (assault) and is simply not acceptable.
    Then why is the kid not the one who’s likely to be prosecuted? Good to see a kid with balls in an age when so many are wrapped up in computer games etc. 
    Should the eastenders not have prevented Moseley from marching through their patch in the thirties, in the interest of free speech? This kid was far less physical than they were. 

I vehemently oppose everything Anning stands for but I do not agree with the attack on him.

if you support it then you’d have to also support a far-right supporter smashing an egg over the head of a Green/Left Senator because - guess what? - they would see it as exactly the same thing.

Where do you draw the line? It’s OK to smash an egg over someone’s head but you can’t throw a bucket of shit over them? How about an open handed slap to their face?

It is a slippery slope and not one that sensible folks that value and open and free democracy want to venture down.

We compete with words not acts of violence no matter how trivial they may seem.
    I don't understand how a Haka by white people shows support for those slaughtered by this madman.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    PeterGage said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Not really the point though James is it. We now live in a world where a kid like this can stand behind a grown man with a mobile phone filming while he smashes an egg on his head. 

Anning might be unpleasant but 10 years ago a kid of that age would probably not even think about getting that close and doing something like that, the egg would have been lobbed from a distance at best.

I would not have lost any sleep if Anning had decked the kid and knocked him sparko and then stamped on his mobile phone, he would have deserved it.

The fella has called for a final solution for Muslims. I’m happy for people to stand up to someone is basically a nazi. 
    We live in a society, fortunately, where freedom of speech is acceptable, as abhorrant as the speech content may be disageeable to some.

Then why is the kid not the one who’s likely to be prosecuted? Good to see a kid with balls in an age when so many are wrapped up in computer games etc. 
    Should the eastenders not have prevented Moseley from marching through their patch in the thirties, in the interest of free speech? This kid was far less physical than they were. 

I vehemently oppose everything Anning stands for but I do not agree with the attack on him.

if you support it then you’d have to also support a far-right supporter smashing an egg over the head of a Green/Left Senator because - guess what? - they would see it as exactly the same thing.

Where do you draw the line? It’s OK to smash an egg over someone’s head but you can’t throw a bucket of shit over them? How about an open handed slap to their face?

It is a slippery slope and not one that sensible folks that value and open and free democracy want to venture down.

Nazis are not the same as normal politicians imho. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    JamesSeed said:
    PeterGage said:
    JamesSeed said:

I don't understand how a Haka by white people shows support for those slaughtered by this madman.
     Yeah, getting a bit over the Haka stuff too.
  • Options
    I was sent the video on whatsapp by about half a dozen people on whatsapp. Wish i hadnt watched it to be honest i just felt shocked and very sad. The arthur brown soundtrack used has also meant i wont be able to hear that song again now without picturing those images. RIP
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    PeterGage said:
    JamesSeed said:

Guess what? The nutters on the far-right do not see Green or Left MPs as being “normal politicians” either, so feel equally justified in attacking or assaulting them in the public square.

You only have to look at the horrific murder of Jo Cox by the deranged Britain First supporter to see that - and, no, I am not comparing stabbing someone to death with cracking an egg over someone’s head.

That being the case it’s probably a good idea if everyone keeps their hands to themselves and debates with words not violence.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    JamesSeed said:
    PeterGage said:
    JamesSeed said:

I would be interested to know the Maori view on white people doing the Haka. Doesn't sit right with me.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    PeterGage said:
    JamesSeed said:

Guess what? The nutters on the far-right do not see Green or Left MPs as being “normal politicians” either, so feel equally justified in attacking or assaulting them in the public square.

You only have to look at the horrific murder of Jo Cox by the deranged Britain First supporter to see that - and, no, I am not comparing stabbing someone to death with cracking an egg over someone’s head.

That being the case it’s probably a good idea if everyone keeps their hands to themselves and debates with words not violence.
    It’s a question of right and wrong. I don’t care what nazis think. They might feel justified in attacking Mother Teresa, but that doesn’t make it right. We should fight fascism whenever we get the chance. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:0
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    PeterGage said:
    JamesSeed said:

It’s a question of right and wrong. I don’t care what nazis think. They might feel justified in attacking Mother Teresa, but that doesn’t make it right. We should fight fascism whenever we get the chance. 
    I'm not a nazi but Mother Theresa is a poor example to fight for.
    She was evil.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Chizz said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Chizz said:
    Yes.  And good for them for doing so.  When a team's best player is a Muslim, and is so well loved by the team's fans, it's easy to understand how an atrocity against Muslims would make the club want to show empathy and compassion.  
    Right. You have acknowledged it by quoting it though. If you didn't want to acknowledge the point why not make your own comment?
    The post could have been taken two ways.  As either a mean-spirited and ill-conceived criticism of Liverpool fans; or as a generous reminder of the compassion and sensitivity of the fans of a club that has had a terrible history of tragedy and currently lavishes love and praise on a Muslim footballer.   

I chose highlight the latter interpretation.  I acknowledge that the former could well have been in mind.  

I like to see the good in people. 
  • Options
    My missus just got back from work and told me the Utrecht shooting was a domestic. Man shot his wife and people who tried to stop him apparently. Horrible thing to happen. 

• Options
    Wonder what we all would be saying if one of our young supporters did that to Duchatalet?
  • Options
    Anning is a racist, xenophobic piece of dog shit... 

Him getting egged after his appalling comments is the only bright spark in an entirely predictable and horrendously dark series of events. 

When right wing bigots are given a platform and fan the flames of hatred there is only one result, hopefully we will now see a big push back against this, not just here but around the world. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    My missus just got back from work and told me the Utrecht shooting was a domestic. Man shot his wife and people who tried to stop him apparently. Horrible thing to happen. 

Edit: Tip of from a journalist. Not confirmed]
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    PeterGage said:
    JamesSeed said:

You're not accepting the broader point here.

Those on the far-right see those on the left as being just as awful and unpalatable as you find Nazis, why then should you be able to physically attack them and then complain when they physically attack you?

Secondly, who decides who and who is not a Nazi and therefore open to physical assault?

It is perfectly acceptable to be anti-immigration without being anti-immigrant and inciting violence against minorities but who is going to police this? It is perfectly acceptable to express serious issues with Islam without inciting violence against Muslims. Who decides who should be protected and who should not? 

Again, those on the far-right would justify their own violence in the simplistic black-and-white terms that you have here "It's a question of right and wrong" = "I don't care what liberals thinks" = "We should fight Islam whenever we get the chance."

You would argue, of course, that you shouldn't compare Nazism with Islam - and you'd be absolutely right to do that - but the point is that there are plenty of people on the far right who DO think Islam is on a par with Nazism and therefore is an acceptable target for violence.

We can never police all these shades of grey in terms of what or what is not politically acceptable but what we can do is to agree that political violence is wrong - and very dangerous - on all levels and should be avoided at all costs.
    Sorry I don’t care what nazis think about Islam. Everyone in their right minds agrees about so called Isis. That’s different. 
    The far right are attempting to make people think the two (Islam and Isis etc) are the same, and they’re not. Just like Hitler and the Jews, now it’s current nazis and Muslims. 
    Anyway, don’t want to annoy the mods, this discussion should be in a different place, so time to duck out for me. ‘All we are saying, is give peace a chance....’

• Options
    edited March 2019
    The Daily Mail humanises this mass murdering terrorist by doing a big story about how this "blond little boy" grew into a normal person but then his Dad died of cancer, he went traveling and something happened and he came back changed.

Would they ever do a story like that for a Muslim?

No, when it's a white guy, they don't even call him a terrorist, he's just someone who's had problems in his life...
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    The Daily Mail humanises this mass murdering terrorist by doing a big story about how this "blond little boy" greww into a normal person but then his Dad died of cancer, he went traveling and something happened and he came back changed.

Would they ever do a story like that for a Muslim?

No, when it's a white guy, they don't even call him a terrorist, he's just someone who's had problems in his life...
    I'm surpised theyve not managed to blame Sterling, scumbags.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's disgusting... but it will change... after much more bloodshed and when the next generation get into power. 

• Options

Full headline. Managed to squeeze Pakistan and North Korea in there. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Chizz said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Chizz said:
    The post could have been taken two ways.  As either a mean-spirited and ill-conceived criticism of Liverpool fans; or as a generous reminder of the compassion and sensitivity of the fans of a club that has had a terrible history of tragedy and currently lavishes love and praise on a Muslim footballer.   

I chose highlight the latter interpretation.  I acknowledge that the former could well have been in mind.  

I like to see the good in people. 
    Right. Good one.
  • Options
    People know there is a difference between ideas and actions right? Saying we need a final solution to Islam and building concentration camps and gas chambers clearly are v different the guy is a prick but they are not the same 
  • Options
    People know there is a difference between ideas and actions right? Saying we need a final solution to Islam and building concentration camps and gas chambers clearly are v different the guy is a prick but they are not the same 
    Yes, but by the time they build the concentration camps and gas chambers it’s too late. 
  • Options
    "Surprisingly good", cheek.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    can anyone genuinely believe that we would see the slaughter of muslim's on a world wide scale? i can't, people should practice there faith and not enforce it on others and should not be hated for doing so that is my outlook on it. 

what riles people and adds to the hate pot is actions like mr khan in 1 breath saying we do not have enough police and this factors into the stabbing epidemic in London then in another breath saying we will put police on every mosque, non muslims will not feel as important etc. 

imo the word nazi gets chucked around far too often these days, as they were truly evil bastards. 
  • Options
    Neither of those two are capable of effectively leading their own parties, let alone the Country.