Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terrible Mosque Shooting in New Zealand

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2019
    49 have now tragically passed away.

One person, a male in his late 20s has been charged with murder. One other who was originally arrested in possession of a firearm at the scene may have had nothing to do with the shootings and the police are trying to understand what the involvement of two others arrested was.

It has been confirmed that an Australian national was involved so one would presume that this is the person that has been charged. If none of the other three arrested were involved this does, of course, mean that other individuals involved are still at large.
  • Options
    Despair and extreme confusion, the emotions of this morning.  How can people be so mentally disturbed that they think such acts are for the greater good?

RIP and thoughts with those caught up in this terrible act.
  • Options
    RIP to all the victims and I wish for a speedy recovery for all those that may be injured.
  • Options
    Horrific. RIP. 
  • Options
    Appalling events. RIP to all the victims

That it happened in such a peaceful, gentle country as New Zealand makes it even more shocking
  • Options
    RIP to all the victims and thoughts and prayers with their families and friends 

• Options
    This sort of stuff doesn’t happen here ... can’t say that anymore . We are a nation stunned. 

This was my reaction when I saw where it was!!

New Zealand has such a reputation for being safe and welcoming!!

RIP to those lost
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Like everybody I have woken to be confronted and shocked by this news. RIP to all those innocent people, and I hope one day families and friends can find peace after this.
  • Options
    Bangladesh Cricket side were meant to be there but delayed at press room.

Despicable actions by the terrorists, condolences to the people of New Zealand
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just awful. Can’t think of anything else to say. RIP
  • Options
    I got sent the link this morning. Did not realise what I was watching until it was too late. 

What a horrible world that we live in that these acts are becoming the norm and people then send it around. I really do fear for my daughter just starting out in this world. 

RIP to all the victims. Really puts life into perspective 
  • Options
    Absolutely disgusting act. Those poor innocent people. 
  • Options
    Too many nutters in this world. RIP to the victims.
  • Options
    I saw the footage this morning.  Unbelievably cold and callous act and the most surprising thing is he didn't top himself before being arrested.  He deserves to die.

RIP those affected

Hurry up and die to the perpetrators
  • Options
    Sad beyond words. There are some utterly evil people in this world. RIP to the victims and hope the wounded make swift recoveries.

Amazed that people are also sharing and viewing the footage. It's the last thing I'd want to see.
  • Options
    How does an Aussie get all those weapons and ammunition in NZ? The bloke must have been on some kind of 'watch list' as he was obviously a nutter.

Really surprised that both the Australian and NZ authorities were caught off guard.

RIP to all those innocent people and thoughts are with their families.
  • Options
    Awful, evil bastard deserves all that he's got coming to him. RIP the poor victims. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sad beyond words. There are some utterly evil people in this world. RIP to the victims and hope the wounded make swift recoveries.

Amazed that people are also sharing and viewing the footage. It's the last thing I'd want to see.
    I really don't understand why anyone would want to watch the footage - shows a conplete lack of respect to those affected. Voyeurism at its worst....

• Options
    Disgusting. Footage is not something I want to watch. RIP the victims. 
  • Options
    RIP the victims. 
  • Options
    What I wish on these people is to be granted the empathy and compassion to have an awareness of the sheer horror of what they have done. Sadly they wear our outrage as a twisted badge of honour. It is incumbent of decent people of all races and religions to come closer together and be more understanding of each other. This means the exact opposite of these sub human trash's aims are achieved by these senseless acts.
  • Options
    I spent 9 of the best months of my life in NZ, 6 in christchurch.  A fabulous, safe, friendly, welcoming country.  These incidents don’t usually shock anymore sadly but for it to happen there does.  RIP to those killed and thoughts to the injured and families.
  • Options
    RIP to all the victims of this senseless attack.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Awful news to wake up to. I’m so sad today. Christchurch has had a terrible time of late. Many of its citizens still haven’t recovered from the tragic loss of life caused by the earthquake and now this. RIP 
  • Options
    Awful news to wake up to. I’m so sad today. Christchurch has had a terrible time of late. Many of its citizens still haven’t recovered from the tragic loss of life caused by the earthquake and now this. RIP 
    When I woke up this morning and saw comments on twitter about Christchurch and terrible events, I must admit I expected it to be another earthquake.