Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson next Luton manager?

Comments

• Options
    Can’t believe they are not going for Hurst really!
  • Options
    Wasnt that Graeme Jones on the Belgian staff at the World Cup in the summer? - Bit risky going for him in a way but I suppose no different to Nathan Jones
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    ross1 said:

Luton ask West Brom for permission to speak to Graeme Jones about manager's job

Up until the summer his career seemed to be solely working with Roberto Martinez.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

I wouldn’t begrudge Jackson taking any Job if he thought that it was the right step towards management.

Would be interested to see who Bowyer brought in as number two

What's Iain Dowie doing at the moment?

Ok ok only joking!!!
    Checking his brother's availability.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Laddick01 said:

Paul Hurst is 1/2 on

You just know the bastard is going to do us in the playoffs again.

I always find it amazing how despite the English game being one big merry-go-round of managers, none of our old regime lot are ever in contention.

I wonder why...
    It's been over two years since Karel Fraeye was last in a job. In fact if you google him, his name doesn't even come up as a suggestion even after you've finished typing. That's how far Fraeye has come since leaving us. Probably a lackie at Roland's farm now.
  • Options

I wouldn’t begrudge Jackson taking any Job if he thought that it was the right step towards management.

No brainer for me, promote Jason Euell.
  • Options
    Hope it isn't Jackson - not that he wouldn't deserve it. a) I suspect he has a big part to play in how well the management team has been functioning this season 2) if/when he does leave I will want him to do well wherever he goes, but Luton are too much in direct competition with us this year.
  • Options
    That rumor is an internet one I think it started here on the Nathan Jones thread
  • Options

That rumor is an internet one I think it started here on the Nathan Jones thread

Rumour or not he's 3rd favourite with the bookies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

2nd now

Graeme Jones 8/5
    Johnnie Jackson 2/1
    Paul Hurst 4/1
  • Options

No brainer for me, promote Jason Euell.
    Not sure he would leave his current job. Showed no desire to previously when did the job on an interim basis. Knows he is safer with the under 23 under RD
  • Options

Wouldn’t take much money to make me favorite I reckon the interest in that market
  • Options
    Would hate to lose Jacko. Think he really offers a lot and is one of us. Would be gutted
  • Options
    Can’t we put them in touch with Karel Frayere
  • Options

Who is Stephen Robinson the 2nd favourite ? - Looked it up, he's the Motherwell boss.

PS I see Kevin Nolan is 33/1. A bit old I would have thought and he'd have to give up writing the CAFC match reports.

Yes, but he knows the game LOL!

• Options
    Well with the take over clearly 'imminent' and we know the Aussies had a favoured manager....... could he be thinking he might be out anyway?

Please don't go Johnnie!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cabbles said:

People always moan about Carol on here but his win % was better than
    Dowie
    Reed
    Peeters
    Riga(2nd spell)
    Slade
    Karel Fraeye (interim October 2015 - January 2016): 14 matches, 2 wins, 4 draws, 8 losses (14% win rate)

You sure about that?
    28% according to this

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/clubs/charlton-athletic/
  • Options

cabbles said:

Dowie
    Reed
    Peeters
    Riga(2nd spell)
    Slade
    Karel Fraeye (interim October 2015 - January 2016): 14 matches, 2 wins, 4 draws, 8 losses (14% win rate)

You sure about that?
    28% according to this

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/clubs/charlton-athletic/
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35307403
  • Options
    Nathan jones may well of recommend Jackson.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Dowie
    Reed
    Peeters
    Riga(2nd spell)
    Slade

You sure about that?
    Did he really get 2 wins. I thought it was only one???
  • Options
    Shef Wednesday at home, Birmingham away?
  • Options

That's what I think.
  • Options

Seeing that he left us over 5 years ago when Jacko was still very much a player, I'm not sure what he could say about Jacko's management ability really.

I imagine his name might have come up as it's common to target number 2s, who might be tempted by the chance of the main job
  • Options
    If I was a gambling man I would put the house on Jackson being the next Luton manager ahead of an imminent Charlton take over.

Jim White talking to Duchatelet or a tweet from Luton.

Sad state of affairs that I consider the latter to be the more reliable source.