Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson next Luton manager?

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:

If I was a gambling man I would put the house on Jackson being the next Luton manager ahead of an imminent Charlton take over.

Jim White talking to Duchatelet or a tweet from Luton.

Sad state of affairs that I consider the latter to be the more reliable source.

Luton have requested permission to talk to Graeme Jones. You don't do that if you intend to appoint Jackson.

I can only see Jackson potentially approached if they can't get permission to talk to Graeme Jones or if he refuses to come but they must have an idea Jones would accept to make an approach.

Also I don't believe any one person has lasted a full season under RD. Bowyer might buck the trend but wouldn't surprise me if Jacko bides his time knowing he's probably the next Charlton manager while RD is here.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

If I was a gambling man I would put the house on Jackson being the next Luton manager ahead of an imminent Charlton take over.

Luton have requested permission to talk to Graeme Jones. You don't do that if you intend to appoint Jackson.

I can only see Jackson potentially approached if they can't get permission to talk to Graeme Jones or if he refuses to come but they must have an idea Jones would accept to make an approach.

Also I don't believe any one person has lasted a full season under RD. Bowyer might buck the trend but wouldn't surprise me if Jacko bides his time knowing he's probably the next Charlton manager while RD is here.
    Robinson lasted more than 12 months, and wasn't sacked. Indeed he jumped because he expected the next owner to change the manager, if he hadn't left he would probably still be our manager!

There's zero chance of Bowyer being sacked by Roland.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

LenGlover said:

Robinson lasted more than 12 months, and wasn't sacked. Indeed he jumped because he expected the next owner to change the manager, if he hadn't left he would probably still be our manager!

There's zero chance of Bowyer being sacked by Roland.
    Yes I'm aware Robinson lasted more than 12 months. My point was not one manager has seen through a full August to May season under RD. Bowyer should do but his own contract is up at the end of the season. Who's to say he might not be off elsewhere too if we don't go up? I didn't mention being sacked either :smile:
  • Options
    Understandable interest, they have all these tracksuits with Jones embroidered on the breast, Keith is in the States and Vinnie never did his badges.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Or, unlike most clubs, they are doing things the right way.

Let's hope you're right though.
  • Options

I can't imagine Jackson would go yet. I would imagine he is relatively happy here. Yes we have Roland but he has put up with him for years.

I’m sure he is happy here. But then again I doubt he would have been expecting for a job to turn up this quickly which could allow him to get a very realistic promotion under his belt within 4 months of his first managerial role and to then lead a club in the Championship.

That sort of scenario is very rare to come by, especially for someone who is waiting for their first chance. Would be extremely tempting.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    He knows the league and probably our transfer targets plus those we would have taken if we could afford them. Not a bad transfer window for him if he goes.
  • Options
    Not sure that JJ will get the job simply but, if he does, is no one concerned that he might want to take one or two of our backroom staff with him too? Whether they would go is another question but, if you are offered, assistant Manager/Head Coach (as opposed to say under 21 coach) you might just take that as it is a step up.
  • Options
    i think JJ would go if Luton wanted him. And nobody can criticise him for that. But they will most likely go eleswhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    The Luton job is the poisoned chalice. They’ve had a great couple of seasons, they’ve been on a great run this season to be where they are now, expectations are going to be sky high. Whoever takes the job and doesn’t keep that winning run going is going to have the fans on his back straight away. The job is toxic at the moment for anybody that hasnt already got a great relationship with the Luton fans
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    cafc_se7 said:

Which is backed up kind of by this...

A Luton fan I know said this isn’t reliable.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Cheap option.......only need to change the first name on the name plate to his office....
  • Options
    Bloody hope not
  • Options
    If we continue to progress on the pitch then Jacko getting linked with vacancies particularly in the South will become a regular occurence
  • Options
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    Jacko now favourite on Paddypower
  • Options
    Paul Hurst odds have come down, reckon/hoping it will be him, no compensation to pay either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    latest odds

grame jones 6/4
    jackson 7/4
    paul hirst 3/1

hope he doesn't go as i will always see being an assistant at charlton when we are very much in the running for playoffs minimum, is better than being a manager at luton - i see luton as last seasons plymouth/shrewsbury - look where both of those are now

if he does go then best of luck - but he will then become an opposition in the league we are trying to get out of, so wont really care for luton results
  • Options
    You would hope that if it is true then Luton will be asking to speak to Johnnie and that something will go on the O/S like what Stoke did when they approached Nathan Jones - Comms havent been great from the club for the last few years but little things like this can surely be reported to us?
  • Options
    A first job at a club moving in the right direction and one where you wouldn't have to move your family.

No brainer if he's offered that job.
  • Options
    Bit random to me. Not been a,manager before & no link to the club. Only reason why his price is shortening with the bookies is because of interest from the fans.......
  • Options

Bit random to me. Not been a,manager before & no link to the club. Only reason why his price is shortening with the bookies is because of interest from the fans.......

Not really. He wants to be a manager, a team in league one who are chasing automatics offer him a job, it doesn't require him to move his family. If he's offered, he takes it.
  • Options
    I sacked him as soon as I took over on last year's one and he ended up doing alright at Crewe.