Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson next Luton manager?

Comments

• Options
    would be a bit strange him managing a club a direct promotion rival - admittedly the times are shit atm but i feel the good times will be back in the not too distant future
  • Options

latest odds

grame jones 6/4
    jackson 7/4
    paul hirst 3/1

hope he doesn't go as i will always see being an assistant at charlton when we are very much in the running for playoffs minimum, is better than being a manager at luton - i see luton as last seasons plymouth/shrewsbury - look where both of those are now

if he does go then best of luck - but he will then become an opposition in the league we are trying to get out of, so wont really care for luton results

Graeme Jones has declined the opportunity of an interview. Surely Hurst is a better bet then Jacko?
  • Options

latest odds

grame jones 6/4
    jackson 7/4
    paul hirst 3/1

hope he doesn't go as i will always see being an assistant at charlton when we are very much in the running for playoffs minimum, is better than being a manager at luton - i see luton as last seasons plymouth/shrewsbury - look where both of those are now

if he does go then best of luck - but he will then become an opposition in the league we are trying to get out of, so wont really care for luton results

Graeme Jones has declined the opportunity of an interview. Surely Hurst is a better bet then Jacko?
    I agree but i think Hurst muddied his name when exiting Shrewsbury. He apparently agreed the deal without permission, hence why Shrews didnt consider him to come back. i hope Jacko stays with us for Sentiment sake, but if given the chance to take the reigns, without doubt he should take it.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Has there been a more obvious troll? The same account has been pro-Roland and anti-protesting for a long time.

This account clearly a WUM look st this tweet from yesterday

• Options
    Definitely a wind-up merchant. Someone with nothing better to do I suppose.
  • Options

Football is a fickle game. If JJ is offered a great opportunity, he should absolutely take it with our blessing and good wishes.

You say that, but have you seen how he's done us in some peoples' Football Managers season?

Also, just doesn't cover the ground on the touchline quickly enough for me.
  • Options
    Looks like it may be Ryan Lowe that they appoint.
  • Options

He is still only 3rd favourite at 5/1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The bookies don't pick the manager though, so whilst odds are somewhat intetesting, they are mostly irrelevant.
  • Options

The bookies don't pick the manager though, so whilst odds are somewhat intetesting, they are mostly irrelevant.
    All i am saying in CEL said it looks like it may be Lowe they appoint, if that was true surely the odds would reflect this, but as he is still 3rd favourite and 5/1 that that to me says its still very undecided
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Surely it just means no one has backed him, go stick a bullseye on a rank outsider and watch the odds get slashed, next manager markets must be the most sensitive around.

• Options

All i am saying in CEL said it looks like it may be Lowe they appoint, if that was true surely the odds would reflect this, but as he is still 3rd favourite and 5/1 that that to me says its still very undecided
    I'm going to put 5k tomorrow on Lowe to be the next manager.

Let's see where the odds are at 17.00 tomorrow.
  • Options

No bookie would take a 5k bet, I'm sure。
  • Options

Surely it just means no one has backed him, go stick a bullseye on a rank outsider and watch the odds get slashed, next manager markets must be the most sensitive around.

I understand that, but if it was close to happening then people close to it would have put money on and the odds would have changed, just before something is announced odds normally go massively odds on, the fact he is still 3rd favourite and 5/1 tells you it might happen but its not close and is by no means a done deal.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    5/2 fav with sky bet and 13/5 with betfair and paddy power.
  • Options
    JJ that is
  • Options
    Stig said:

Let's face it, Jackson ought to interview brilliantly the amount of time he was used as Katrien's human shield.

“Talk us through that goal skipper”
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Why's that ??? Honest question. I'm not a gambler & so don't requent such establishments (apart from maybe the Grand National). Is there a limit on what you can stake nowadays or are you saying that they would be afraid to lose & therefore have a big payout ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why's that ??? Honest question. I'm not a gambler & so don't requent such establishments (apart from maybe the Grand National). Is there a limit on what you can stake nowadays or are you saying that they would be afraid to lose & therefore have a big payout ??
    I imagine they'd assume someone dropping 5k on a 'next manager' bet would have inside info and refuse the bet.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Can’t we put them in touch with Karel Frayere

People always moan about Carol on here but his win % was better than
    Dowie
    Reed
    Peeters
    Riga(2nd spell)
    Slade
    "standing on the shoulders of midgets"
  • Options
    If JJ doesn't get the job. it might be for the best from his perspective. Luton are doing so well, that it might be easy to have a dip and stall your career before it starts. The way Bowyer is going, he could realistically be snapped up at some point soon and that would leave an opportunity for JJ to take over at Charlton if he didn't want to go with Bowyer. The advantage of managing Charlton as a first job is that JJ would have the goodwill of the fans which is a cushion. Having said all that, you have to back yourself and that means taking any opportunity that comes along.
  • Options
    Play offs could be interesting with a Bowyer v Jacko final!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Shef Wednesday at home, Birmingham away?

They must have been playing their under 11 girls teams for those games.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Shef Wednesday at home, Birmingham away?

They must have been playing their under 11 girls teams for those games.
    Those wins probably bought Fraeye his 3 months in the job, grrr
  • Options

If JJ doesn't get the job. it might be for the best from his perspective. Luton are doing so well, that it might be easy to have a dip and stall your career before it starts. The way Bowyer is going, he could realistically be snapped up at some point soon and that would leave an opportunity for JJ to take over at Charlton if he didn't want to go with Bowyer. The advantage of managing Charlton as a first job is that JJ would have the goodwill of the fans which is a cushion. Having said all that, you have to back yourself and that means taking any opportunity that comes along.

Would be a tough start, im sure Luton’s next 4 games are against top 9 sides.
  • Options
    That does seem odd, I get you don’t wear your Luton training kit but maybe something neutral or sports-casual would have been better. Bet they’ll lose today.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

That does seem odd, I get you don’t wear your Luton training kit but maybe something neutral or sports-casual would have been better. Bet they’ll lose today.
    Alright Gok