Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*Jonny Williams signs- 6 month deal*

Comments

• Options
    I'm surprised a championship club didn't beat us to this deal first. His injury record must be putting clubs off.

Still with our limited budget, beggars can't be choosers, so fair play to all concerned.

Just stay fit!
  • Options
    His dad is also a referee and coaches the younger and up-coming budding referee's.
  • Options
    Best of luck, hope you can stay injury free and get the fitness levels up as definitely at least a championship player. Always rated him just hope he isn't broken after all his injuries/ lack of playing.
  • Options

Tunbridge Wells born and bred so alright with me in that respect.

If he can hit the level he was a few seasons ago we’ll have a great player. Just hope Palace haven’t given us another dud

Local to me then. I'll buy him a few beers one evening and see what I can find out.
  • Options
    If he stays fit then he will be class. Like others said he came across so well in the Sunderland documentary and I want him to do so well. Hopefully he will push us on further. Couldn't card less if he came from Palace or not. He's ours now.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    CAFCsayer said:

The loving on Twitter from Palace fans is mad... There's people on there saying they will be supporting Charlton whenever he plays and hoping we win. Think that is a testament to the guy.

Too many new plastics picked up from their time in the Premier League. Sadly, we are pretty much an irrelevance to those fans.
  • Options
    Is he injury prone?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Is he injury prone?

If he wasn't, he will be now.

Seriously, looks a good signing, Bowyer, Jacko and the team just get better and better.
  • Options

I tell you what, if we can get the same player from his time at Palace or even similar, a midfield diamond of him, Aribo, Cullen and Bielik will be devastating.

Welcome to South London's finest Jonny

If those 4 manage to be fit for more than 5 games together i'll be astounded.
  • Options
    Quality player. Always begrudgingly admired him at Palace. If he stays fit, that's a cracking signing!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Redhenry said:

Is he injury prone?

If he wasn't, he will be now.

Seriously, looks a good signing, Bowyer, Jacko and the team just get better and better.
    That's a point, we could sign the Iron Giant and he'd pick up a knock so it probably doesn't even matter.
  • Options
    A good signing but despite the current signings, I really don't think CM was an issue. We are severely lacking at the back, need to replace Steer and have no decent cover for Grant/Taylor.

A big fan of Bowyer but he bloody loves a CM!
  • Options
    I wonder how his training went today with his new team mates and what a feeling it must be for him to train at a proper club and he must be very excited about playing at a proper ground tomorrow
  • Options
    Hmm, not sure about the beard....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    welcome Jonny and all the very best in your time at CAFC
  • Options

A good signing but despite the current signings, I really don't think CM was an issue. We are severely lacking at the back, need to replace Steer and have no decent cover for Grant/Taylor.

A big fan of Bowyer but he bloody loves a CM!

We play four CMs at a time in a diamond, we've lost Ward (who played at the tip of the diamond) while Cullen, Reeves, Lapslie and Aribo are out injured.

How is CM not an issue? I agree we still need a GK, LB and striker.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Not very aerodynamic ... could slow him down.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Not very aerodynamic ... could slow him down.
    Last time I saw him he was losing what he had up top.
  • Options

Is this a funny camera angle or is his napper really this huge?

• Options
    With Reeves and Williams injury records, maybe they could job share.
  • Options
    My guess would be that Palace paid him off as he had no future there and we are probably not paying him that much, but instead he has an opportunity to put himself in the shop window and even possibly stay with us if he does well and we go up. Looks like a shrewd bit of business from Bowyer.
  • Options
    It’s a win win really but all based on him remaining fit.

We get a quality player for the run in and he gets a chance to show the footballing world that he’s fit enough and good enough to be given a contract. Big incentive for him to do the bizzo because in six months he’s out of work or on a fraction of his current earnings.
  • Options
    Remember when Chris Powell bought in Michael Stewart, a genuinely class midfielder for a 6 month spell. He put himself in the window and off he popped

No saying Jonny Williams will do the same as I get the impression he's got a but more about him and his injuries seem to have really got him down. He first caught my eye playing for Palace and Wales and I liked his intent and positive use of the ball. The player I'd day he most reminds me of is Wilshere who when fit is also a very good and positive user of the football and has the same body movement/gait when on the ball