Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*Jonny Williams signs- 6 month deal*

Comments

• Options
    Knows his way around a film score as well... cushty!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    This is exciting, the circumstance of him needing to show he can string games together to get back to his level (which is certainly not League 1!) and Palace probably paying off some of his contract has played out very favourably for us. Now please stay fit!

If we made the playoffs (not allowed to say that out loud yet) I think this kind of quality player would be the type that could elevate us above the better teams in this division when it comes down to it.
  • Options
    My Palace supporting cousin says he was amazing at 21 and played similar to the Gascoigne of old. But - he said that if he gets a consecutive run of 6 games without injury he would be surprised... So if we have enough injury prone players we just have to make sure they take it in turn to get injured and we'll be fine...!
  • Options
    A very, very good signing on paper *GAME ISN'T PLAYED ON PAPER KLAXON* in spite of his Palace provenance.

He is neat, tidy and intelligent. I'll be looking forward to seeing him play. Hopefully he's fit.
  • Options
    Will he feature tomorrow?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good signing, not bothered he came from the Nigel’s. Welcome Jonny.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Good signing, not bothered he came from the Nigel’s. Welcome Jonny.

Unless he's shit then his Palace connections will the focal point for fans to berate him ;)
  • Options
    If he could stay fit we wouldn’t be the team signing him ,

Gamble when we need stable fit players let’s hope he isn’t the only one in
  • Options
    Just spoke to my neighbour who is a Palace ST holder and he rates him. Says he is prone to injury and a bit light weight for the cloggers of League 1 but he should do a job for us.
  • Options

Just spoke to my neighbour who is a Palace ST holder and he rates him. Says he is prone to injury and a bit light weight for the cloggers of League 1 but he should do a job for us.

‘The cloggers of league 1’ ??? I thought they all played in the PL these days where they can get away with flying two-footed challenges
  • Options
    seth plum said:

no his injured
  • Options

seth plum said:

no his injured
    Don't be hasty Bert let's take a vote on it :wink:
  • Options
    My Palarse mate also mentioned the need for cotton wool to wrap him in.
  • Options
    Just seen his cameos on Sunderland til I die. Looked useful.This wasn’t bad either https://youtu.be/7izv1C64iKI
  • Options
    People mentioning the relentlessly underwhelming Reeves in the same breath as Aribo should wash their mouth out. Joe is different gravy in that category.

Anyway, delighted with Williams, let's hope he stays fit enough to contribute.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome.

If he does well then don't care about his previous.

If he doesn't do well he's a dirty palace bastard stealing a living

:wink:

When fit he's better than Reeves who is also injured a lot.
  • Options
    I would think his wages a lot more even with pay off.to balance it out is it because if takeover doesn’t go though. Roland playing safe only offering 6 months.
  • Options
    Just spoke to my Welsh fantasy football WhatsApp group (insofar as all the members are Welsh - and Swansea fans - not that it's Welsh language, or involves Newi Cefn Druids players etc).

Apparently he is the loveliest bloke in the world, an absolutely quality footballer - but made of glass. "Horribly injury prone" and "lightweight" were terms used fairly consistently. Happily, "quality" was another term used consistently, and these people are consumers mainly of Champ/Prem football in more recent years than us.

Here's hoping!
  • Options

Not a good move by him.
    He already has to work twice as hard to win fans over - given his past association, so why make it more difficult.

Wasn't he the guy that did Wiggins foot when we played them at the supermarket ?
    Have a day off.
  • Options

Another play who’s won at wembley in a play off final. Bowyer and Gallen know what they’re doing

Agreed.
  • Options

Another play who’s won at wembley in a play off final. Bowyer and Gallen know what they’re doing

Both Bowyer and Jackson have both lost play off semis as players and manager/coach. Maybe 3rd time lucky for LB.