Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Reserves v Doncaster - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    I don’t think we have to enter the FA Cup - may as well not bother going forward. After all we haven’t won it for 71 years.
  • Options
    Whatever you say about the lack of first team squad there was no excuse for those players playing that badly. There was only one team that looked like they would win even with the chances we had late on in the game. How Stevenson put that header over the bar from the position he was in I will never know. It looked harder to miss.
  • Options

Did not really expect anything else,promotion is the priority.One massive plus today,Mark Marshall who did not stop and desreves a place in the next game.Just one other point away from team selection,did anybody else note the ridiculous police presence in Floyd Road after the game,they say they are short staffed,30 officers plus horses,in the space of 1oo meters,still beats catching criminals.

Agreed, ridiculous numbers for a poorly attended match between 2 clubs with no emnity
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Whatever you say about the lack of first team squad there was no excuse for those players playing that badly. There was only one team that looked like they would win even with the chances we had late on in the game. How Stevenson put that header over the bar from the position he was in I will never know. It looked harder to miss.

It was harder to miss
  • Options
    Posting without going ... glad I saved my money. When I saw the team, I was surprised and stuck a pony on Donny. Wish I’d had a few hundred now. So it’s not all doom and gloom. It’ll pay for my curry tonight
  • Options

Did not really expect anything else,promotion is the priority.One massive plus today,Mark Marshall who did not stop and desreves a place in the next game.Just one other point away from team selection,did anybody else note the ridiculous police presence in Floyd Road after the game,they say they are short staffed,30 officers plus horses,in the space of 1oo meters,still beats catching criminals.

You can’t just bring the horses out when they are needed. They have to be trained, acclimatised and exercised. No idea why there would be so many officers in uniform.
  • Options
    For the game itself, Marshall was excellent. Needs to show that form when given a chance in the league. Sarr and Dijksteel have their faults but both had fair games today. The front 2 were dreadful and this does not bode well if they are required later on in the season.

Clarke is not ready yet. Understandable after a long lay off.
  • Options

“We’ve got another tough one in Blackpool away next and that’ll be just as hard as tonight. But we’ll have a bit of a rest now until our next league game so we’ll be ready for that.”

That's what he said after Burton. We can't say we weren't explicitly warned.

How many fucking rests do they need?
    I dont the exact nmbers, but what with International breaks etc, i dont recall there being that many games over the past month or so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Minimum 4 points from Blackpool and Portsmouth games after today.

Regardless of winning lor losing we really need 4 points from them two games.
  • Options

I can't believe some of the comments on here.
    I went today and yes it was shite.
    But if we win at Blackpool next Saturday Bowyer was 100% correct in his team selection today.

And if we dont win?
  • Options

But if we win at Blackpool next Saturday Bowyer was 100% correct in his team selection today.

And if we dont win?
    We will
  • Options

And if we dont win?
    Then of course everyone is right and Bowyer is a dick and as bad as Roland.
  • Options
    And if we lose at Blackpool we've missed out on a cup run !

• Options
    Didn't go today new what to expect and called it right. If we had a decent squad it could have been different. We have a good first 11 when all fit so to me no great surprise.

IMHO only one person to blame for a weak squad, yes the useless twat that lives in Belgium.

However what I would say is 6 points from next 2 games, Bowyer called it right,4 points OK, anything less bad call, only time will tell.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    What happens if we come out, with say, 1 point from next 2 games, and get a relative tonking from Pompey (likely the way we've been playing recently)? Bowyer is going to look a prize prick- if he hasnt already.
    I think i'll track this post.
  • Options
    Our chance of winning the FA Cup is zero.
    Our chance of winning promotion is very possible.
    Bowyer has my fullest support.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

We ain't got squad depth, our last half decent cup run nearly cost us relegation, if being out THE FA Cup coukd guarantee us a play off spot I'd swap it in a heartbeat for an away loss against Birmingham or whoever the fk we would have got had we won.

We got relegated after our quarter final at sheff United? Might as well say we got relegated last time from the 1947 fa Cup run.
  • Options
    If we had had the depth of squad that we had under Powell in 2011 then yeah I would probably agree. But get a grip our squad is too thin to take too thin many chances.
  • Options
    Putting aside the main topic...some player thoughts;

Thought RHF showed some excellent touches and he clearly has ability. But he's pretty weak and needs to get himself a non-league starting place to toughen up.

I like Wiredu. If he fills out, his positive play will be good to watch (not least because it's positive and not sideways and back).

Taylor-Mahoney was better than at Mansfield. Nicked a few things and got more involved.

Stevenson was ok but no more. Another one that needs regular games now (for someone else). Miscontrolled when he was in for a shot and put his header over but he could turn out ok. Looks a bit one-paced.

Morgan was a bit disappointing. He struggled to get near Donny in midfield.

Marshall tried so hard and saw more of the ball than ever.

Phillips made some good saves but may have played his last game of the season.

• Options

And the chance of us, the fans, getting a nice day out at Wembley,Emirates,Old Trafford, Anfield is also now fucking zero.
  • Options

And the chance of us, the fans, getting a nice day out at Wembley,Emirates,Old Trafford, Anfield is also now fucking zero.
    Well it's hardly going to increase if we stay in league one is it.
  • Options
    Deserved to go out, deserved a shit crowd. And he'll get one in the next cup game, whenever that is. If Charlton cant be bothered, neither can I.
    (As it tuns out, Idle Jr couldn't either, so I took the dog for a walk instead. Much better use of an afternoon)