Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Helicopter Crash at the King Power Stadium Leicester

Comments

• Options
    Whomever it was on board it’s tragic news for their family and friends. RIP to those who have died and thoughts with their family and friends.
  • Options

I think I am going to "nope" out of this thread for tonight and wait for the official story. Not comfortable with the speculation and that video to be honest. No offence guys.

Heck we can't even know for SURE that video is of tonight. It just showed up on line 3 hours ago but it can't be ruled out it is not older. I am kind of with you. Might delete that vid for now.
  • Options

I think I am going to "nope" out of this thread for tonight and wait for the official story. Not comfortable with the speculation and that video to be honest. No offence guys.

quite understand but if that is from tonight (could be from another match) then I cant see how you cant speculate. the crash must have happened seconds later so can only assume that all that got aboard wete involved in the crash.

truely horrific.
  • Options
    Very few "hero" owners in football and he was one. Feel horrible for their fans.
  • Options
    RIP to all. I am so shocked. Just got home at 1.15am after a night at the Comedy Store and a fe drinks to see the headline ticker "about emergency services attending major incident in Leciester at Kin Power stadium" and thought that it is odd as game finished ages ago and wondered wether it was a bomb and now see it is likely that the owner has passed away and possibly the manager etc/
  • Options
    he attened the majority of their games and we have an owner that doesn't give a shit. At least her cared and put money in the club.
  • Options
    This sounds really bad. Waiting for the official news.
  • Options

quite understand but if that is from tonight (could be from another match) then I cant see how you cant speculate. the crash must have happened seconds later so can only assume that all that got aboard wete involved in the crash.

truely horrific.
    Don’t mind so much people talking about it amongst themselves on a semi private forum like this but Twitter feels too public for it, and, as for the mainstream media - well - times like this are when the current desperation to be first with the scoop, morals be damned, makes me feel least comfortable with the way the news is delivered these days.

I think they in particular have a responsibility to stick the verified facts out respect for those involved, imho. Making everyone interested wait a few hours to find out the details at such time it is appropriate to go public will not change the story or negatively effect any of us on lookers.

• Options
    Isn't it unusual for BBC to mention an unconfirmed rumour like the manager being in the copter? I thought they were hardcore about things like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

truely horrific.
    Had to come back to the thread - couldn't sleep on it - my comment absolutely wasn't a dig at anyone on here, I think this is a rare CL occasion where we are all in agreement. The speculation and video make me uncomfortable because I fear there is substance to it and that fact is bloody awful. Spent the past few hours up watching Leicester title season vids on YouTube and observing the love and respect the owner and his family had/have. Football and all that goes out the window in a situation like this of course. I get so annoyed usually when people tell me it's just a game and i feel like such a knob right now for throwing my toys out the pram a few hours ago because my team got beat in a poxy game... I guess the positive we can take is that despite the tribal stuff when it comes down to it football is a proper community and we all pull together when something awful like this happens.

Think I'll reflect on that thought since I clearly am getting no sleep tonight.
  • Options
    Real sad news by the sounds of it .
    I suppose all the next of kin are to be informed before any news can be released.
    Gutted , I’m always saying Leicester is one of the greatest football stories ever .
    Whoever has passed away RIP
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

he attened the majority of their games and we have an owner that doesn't give a shit. At least her cared and put money in the club.

Didnt just care yet seemed a really decent bloke towards the fans too... i.e. on his Birthday doesnt he usually give out a free bear to each fan at the game?
  • Options
    Woke up to this news this morning. Obviously it's big news in Thailand. As yet nothing formally announced and not even as much speculation as I'd have expected.
  • Options

Woke up to this news this morning. Obviously it's big news in Thailand. As yet nothing formally announced and not even as much speculation as I'd have expected.

I've always found Thai people to be very respectful, could that explain the lack of speculation?
  • Options

I've always found Thai people to be very respectful, could that explain the lack of speculation?
    I was being general in this. Twitter and the news sites haven't been inundated with probable false news.
  • Options
    Nadou said:

Well remember the Harding incident as he also had Dylanologist John Bauldie on board who also died. Horrific. RIP.

John Bauldie was a good friend of mine. On the Saturday before he died, he was at The Valley with me watching his beloved Bolton Wanderers playing my beloved Charlton. It was a 3-3 draw. During the half time he told me that Matthew Harding had invited him onto the helicopter to go up to Bolton for the FA Cup game between Bolton and Chelsea. At the end of the game John and I separated in Floyd Road as he headed towards the station and I went in the other direction to pick up my car. He called my name and I turned round. He was grinning and doing a whirling gesture with his finger. It was the last time I saw him. The memories are still painful.
    How horrible. I was a subscriber to John’s Dylan mag The Telegraph, and in those preinternet days, he used to update a phone line with Dylan news. While the press was full of Harding’s death, I found out about John’s when I rang the phone line. Tragic days.
  • Options
    I would only assume there will be an official announcement later on today, be it mid morning or around midday.

Either way, it doesn’t matter as it’s just truly horrific news. I have personally not commented on this thus far so I can just digest what has happened. My thoughts go out to everyone involved and their respective families. This is no way to go.

On a side note too, this is also why things like twitter are a complete nightmare. It can be good with news but you get far too many sick individuals who comment and put such offensive things up or start to make rumours up without the care in the world who that might affect.

Let’s wait for the official statement and announcement to come out and hope for the best, but really fearing for the worst.
  • Options
    Whoever is on board at this stage, RIP. Bloody horrible
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very very sad.
  • Options
    What about those on the ground that may have been trapped/killed by the crash. There are people who went to the game that are missing. So awful for whoever has been affected by this.
  • Options

What about those on the ground that may have been trapped/killed by the crash. There are people who went to the game that are missing. So awful for whoever has been affected by this.

I was thinking similar. It would be incredibly “lucky” if nobody on the ground was caught up in something that devastating.
  • Options

Isn't it unusual for BBC to mention an unconfirmed rumour like the manager being in the copter? I thought they were hardcore about things like that.

I suppose the worry is if there has been zero contact from Claude Puel to either the media trying to get a statement from him or if a player or staff has said something

Is really insignificant at the moment yet you have to wonder what'll happen to Leicester City Football Club - We had an owner who cared about the club yet died suddenly and was replaced by his son who didnt care as much for us
  • Options
    BBC now reporting the owner was on board
  • Options
    edited October 2018
  • Options
    kellycafc said:

Lesson learnt, I shouldnt write on here when I'm half asleep in bed